Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 rejections and 1 interview... Silence from the rest... Im nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I posted here and received a second interview the next day...Like some posts said this thread might bring luck..!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I posted here and received a second interview the next day...Like some posts said this thread might bring luck..!
Ok Im posting again for good luck..lol..not having much lately..but I am standing strong with no II's. Its ok its coming for all of us!!!

Reactions: 2 users
8 II, 3 Rejections, 1 hold, and silence from quite a few. Complete dates ranging from July 29th-Mid August.

Keep hope alive guys!

Edit: Fixed the typos, I swear I'm not that illiterate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
8 II, 3 Rejections, 1 hold, and sol ence from quote a few. Complete dates ranging from July 29th-Mid August.

Keep hope alive guys!

Lol god what does your application have that mine is lacking!?!? Tell me the secret! :p Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
2 II, 4 rejections (1 post-II OUCH), 16 radio silence.....
A Dr. I know tells me majority of IIs come after October.
It's WAY too early to know. We can do this under 30'ers!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
NYMC, Drexel, EVMS, VCU/MCV, Downstate, Wayne State

As you can see, none of these are top schools, but who cares, they're all great programs IMO.

As for secrets, I really couldn't tell you. Some might call me lucky, I have 1 summer of clinical experience and the rest of my AMCAS is stuff I enjoy (fitness hobbies/jobs). IMO, if there was 1 strength to my application, it would be the fact that I was consistent with that 1 fitness aspect. It's what I truly love, and what drove my towards medicine, and I let schools know that in every way possible.

If you really want a secret, it would be to apply early and broadly, and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck y'all! You really don't need 30+ to get into medical school, although it would definitely help.

Edit: And Oh yea, play up your strengths as much as possible, not your weaknesses.

Oh man, doesn't matter if they're top schools or not!! I'd be thrilled to get an interview invite from NYMC or EVMS (I applied to those two too!). My LizzyM is ~66. Congratulations, and best of luck!

Oh man, doesn't matter if they're top schools or not!! I'd be thrilled to get an interview invite from NYMC or EVMS (I applied to those two too!). My LizzyM is ~66. Congratulations, and best of luck!

We have the same LizzyM pretty much. Are you applying to DO schools too?

We have the same LizzyM pretty much. Are you applying to DO schools too?

No, I did not, only MD schools. If I have to apply another cycle, I may consider adding on a few DO's, but I'd prefer to go to an allopathic school.

NYMC, Drexel, EVMS, VCU/MCV, Downstate, Wayne State

As you can see, none of these are top schools, but who cares, they're all great programs IMO.

As for secrets, I really couldn't tell you. Some might call me lucky, I have 1 summer of clinical experience and the rest of my AMCAS is stuff I enjoy (fitness hobbies/jobs). IMO, if there was 1 strength to my application, it would be the fact that I was consistent with that 1 fitness aspect. It's what I truly love, and what drove my towards medicine, and I let schools know that in every way possible.

If you really want a secret, it would be to apply early and broadly, and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck y'all! You really don't need 30+ to get into medical school, although it would definitely help.

Edit: And Oh yea, play up your strengths as much as possible, not your weaknesses.

@KatniP you know the post you quoted is from 2006, right? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
First II at UVM. Stay strong my fellow 27-29ers. :)

Reactions: 6 users
0 II so far. some rejections. good job everyone!

Did anyone here apply to California Northstate?

@MedBlue515 Applied but decided not to submit secondary due to all the buzz surrounding the school

I'm heavily considering adding it in the next few days, just curious what you heard? I've read some of the threads where there seems to be mostly speculation and things.

Whats up guys. Hope everyone is doing well here. Just wanted to contribute to the thread with some encouraging news. So far, I have 4 II's (two at UC's (one of which is my absolute top choice), one at U of Utah, one at U of Arizona). I'm an ORM, my GPA was a 3.68, and I took the MCAT way more times than I would like to admit and still the highest I was able to get was a 28. With only a 65 LizzyM, I always believed that I would be lucky to get even one interview if at all. And yet here I am. Y'all are a lot more than your numbers! All of my secondaries were from the heart and very focused on a specific mission to work with underserved and disadvantaged communities (albeit I definitely did have the ECs to back this up), and I believe that being able to walk the walk in terms of ECs really made a difference.

I hope that the rest of you in this thread find a lot of success in the month of October because I hear that this is the month where the most interviews go out! Good luck to everyone, I felt obliged to share this story because this thread has uplifted me on so many different occasions when I felt I had no chance. Yall got this!

Final step: actually get an acceptance :)
Awesome results man! So glad to hear that you're killing it so far. I'm sure you'll get accepted into at least one md school this cycle since there's still a few more months left to hear back about even more interviews.

Did you have any ties to utah by any chance? I was pretty on the fence about adding utah to my list because of their in state preference but it would be so awesome to be in SLC for med school.

I'm heavily considering adding it in the next few days, just curious what you heard? I've read some of the threads where there seems to be mostly speculation and things.

I applied there for the fall 2015 cycle. You'll probably get an interview but they seem to select for high mcat (at the expense of gpa) people to accept.

That avatar has got to be the best rendition of Haunter I've ever seen.

I applied there for the fall 2015 cycle. You'll probably get an interview but they seem to select for high mcat (at the expense of gpa) people to accept.

Oh perfect, do you mind sharing your other thoughts on the school? Are you applying this current cycle/did you not include them?

As an east coaster, an interview (while I would be super happy) would be majorly expensive, so what you said is actually really relevant to whether or not I think I should go for it

Last edited:
Oh perfect, do you mind sharing your other thoughts on the school? Are you applying this current cycle/did you not include them?

As an east coaster, an interview (while I would be super happy) would be majorly expensive, so what you said is actually really relevant to whether or not I think I should go for it

I sent you a pm

@xyphr

ORM with Similar LizzyM

Two at UC's!?!? Beast!!!! I really tried my best to write good secondaries so your story keep my hopes alive :,)

i cannot wait until i can finally stop neurotically checking my emails and portals or at least ease up a bit on it. i'm hoping some schools will love me soon.. PLS

@xyphr

ORM with Similar LizzyM

Two at UC's!?!? Beast!!!! I really tried my best to write good secondaries so your story keep my hopes alive :,)

HEY. I remember you from the January MCAT thread when we were studying for the MCAT. So I guess you scored in this range too?

HEY. I remember you from the January MCAT thread when we were studying for the MCAT. So I guess you scored in this range too?

Yeah!!! I remember you too!

Hope everything is going well for you ✊

Finally got a secondary from one of UC's I've been waiting on....

Coincidence or nah? I need to post more often haha

Update: Got an interview offer from VCU!

Reactions: 7 users
I was complete August 5th and got the further status a couple days ago. I'm glad I was patient because it took awhile for them to get to me:).

I'm an ORM, my GPA was a 3.68, and I took the MCAT way more times than I would like to admit and still the highest I was able to get was a 28.

This is so awesome! I am in a similar boat as yours, esp. in the MCAT department. You are prove that stats is not everything. I am hoping to have half of your success soon. Best of luck to you.

7 MD IIs, Accepted today to my top choice! 27 and proud of it!

Reactions: 10 users
Whats up guys. Hope everyone is doing well here. Just wanted to contribute to the thread with some encouraging news. So far, I have 4 II's (two at UC's (one of which is my absolute top choice), one at U of Utah, one at U of Arizona). I'm an ORM, my GPA was a 3.68, and I took the MCAT way more times than I would like to admit and still the highest I was able to get was a 28. With only a 65 LizzyM, I always believed that I would be lucky to get even one interview if at all. And yet here I am. Y'all are a lot more than your numbers! All of my secondaries were from the heart and very focused on a specific mission to work with underserved and disadvantaged communities (albeit I definitely did have the ECs to back this up), and I believe that being able to walk the walk in terms of ECs really made a difference.

I hope that the rest of you in this thread find a lot of success in the month of October because I hear that this is the month where the most interviews go out! Good luck to everyone, I felt obliged to share this story because this thread has uplifted me on so many different occasions when I felt I had no chance. Yall got this!

Final step: actually get an acceptance :)

This is awesome. :) We have nearly identical stats/story and I'm from CA too so you give me hope! Do you mind sharing which UC's you received interviews at?