Any Accepted Students on EAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shab07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Are they any students who got accepted in detal program and are currently on EAD (I-765 application approved and waiting for green card)? if so, please reply
1) Can i study on EAD?
2) Do I need to fill out the international student form and submit passport copies so that i will be issued I-20 and F1 Visa like students on F1 do?
3) What private loans have you prefered? (I'm not eligible for Federal loans)

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am on EAD status too.As far as I know, You can study on EAD.ANd since you have an H4 , I do not think you need to do anything extra like get an F1 or anything.Since federal loans are not an option, we can only go for private loans.
Treasure

If you are on EAD, I don't think you can apply for a F1 visa. This is because, the EAD has been issued as an intent to immigrate and an F1 is a non-immigrant visa where you have to prove strong ties to your home country,aswell as your intention to return after graduation. These categories contradict each other.

I guess you will have to give up your EAD/GC application if you wish to go on a F1.

You should consult an immigration attorney,if you absolutely want to go to college on a F1.

Members don't see this ad :)
tweetybird said:
If you are on EAD, I don't think you can apply for a F1 visa. This is because, the EAD has been issued as an intent to immigrate and an F1 is a non-immigrant visa where you have to prove strong ties to your home country,aswell as your intention to return after graduation. These categories contradict each other.

I guess you will have to give up your EAD/GC application if you wish to go on a F1.

You should consult an immigration attorney,if you absolutely want to go to college on a F1.
One can study with EAD without changing to any other visa category, no need to give up GC application..I am pretty sure

Yes if you can study on EAD, just stick with it. Giving up GC/EAD arises only when you want to change to F1.

I am pretty sure you cannot change to F1 unless you want to give up your GC process status.As it was said before f1 is non immigrant visa and it directly contradicts the intent of gc.
hope this helps :)

D(M)ental said:
I am pretty sure you cannot change to F1 unless you want to give up your GC process status.As it was said before f1 is non immigrant visa and it directly contradicts the intent of gc.
hope this helps :)
Well, one can study with EAD. However if you wish to change ur staus to either F1 or H4 u have to give up ur GC application.

One can study with EAD without changing to any other visa category, no need to give up GC application..I am pretty sure
Can u please give more details, because someone told me that I need to change the status from ead to f1 to study.
Pls pls reply