Any advice? Deposits/Acceptances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUDI210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am just wondering what the next step is or if anyone can offer me some advice.

I have one acceptance already (Rockhurst) but it is not my top choice. I have some other interviews in the next month or two and I am wondering how soon I will have to pay a deposit on my spot...which is more than likely non-refundable :( ... before I hear back from the other schools? I can't really afford to send in deposits to several schools, but I don't want to decline my spot and get stuck.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am just wondering what the next step is or if anyone can offer me some advice.

I have one acceptance already (Rockhurst) but it is not my top choice. I have some other interviews in the next month or two and I am wondering how soon I will have to pay a deposit on my spot...which is more than likely non-refundable :( ... before I hear back from the other schools? I can't really afford to send in deposits to several schools, but I don't want to decline my spot and get stuck.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Was there no information about the deposit and a deadline on your acceptance from Rockhurst? If not, call and ask them how much time you have; many schools have set deadlines such as so many days/weeks after the letter was mailed. If you want to buy some time you can always ask for an extension from Rockhurst. Some have luck with this and others don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I know I was one of many in my class that paid out a deposit to a school we ended up not going to while we waited for other letters.

well basically the first letter I got was asking me if I wanted to keep my spot or pass. They are supposed to send more information in another packet soon after they recieve my reply....so all the deposit information will probably be in there.

I never thought about asking for an extension....great idea! thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on asking for an extension as well, can't hurt...and if they say no, I'll probably send in the deposit anyways! Better to be safe then sorry

I just got off the phone with one of the schools I applied to. I had to call and report my new unofficial GRE scores but while I was talking to the guy he checked on the status of my application and told me it was currently under review and they would have a decision by next week but, they don't send out the acceptance letters until Jan-Feb.

He said if I got an offer from another school and haven't heard back from them yet to give them a call and ask if they have a decision.

So, I'd recommend calling the other schools you are waiting for and telling them you have an offer but would prefer to attend their school, and ask when you can expect a decision. It might speed things up.