Any advice on QR section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any strategies that will helped you on the QR sections because whenever I read the passage, it takes forever to sink into my head and understand it well..any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean Reading Comprehension? or QR?

Do you mean Reading Comprehension? or QR?

I mean Reading comprehension >.< lol thanks for the correction..no wonder I wasn't getting feedback.

If anyone has taken the OAT yet.. how long are the reading passages?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are 5-6 paragraphs that are >4 sentences long. It might be longer but it's been a while so I'm not sure. The method/technique I used was different from Kaplan's. I just read the question and searched for the answer. Not the best method for everyone but I got a 380 in the RC section. It's best to do practice ones first to figure out the best option for yourself. And don't forget to time it. Good luck.

I think they are 5-6 paragraphs that are >4 sentences long. It might be longer but it's been a while so I'm not sure. The method/technique I used was different from Kaplan's. I just read the question and searched for the answer. Not the best method for everyone but I got a 380 in the RC section. It's best to do practice ones first to figure out the best option for yourself. And don't forget to time it. Good luck.

Wow 380, very nice. maybe ill try that ;)

Totally agree, don't feel like you are obligated to go with a certain companys method. Found myself struggling a lot using the Kaplan method, but I found that reading questions in increments of 2-3 while simultaneously reading the passage helped a lot for me. Luckily, most of the questions come in the order that they present in the passage expect for the large main idea questions. Also, in comparison to Kaplan I found the actual test articles a lot less scientifically daunting than the real thing, so don't freak when you are being forced to digest these huge scientific articles in limited time. Training yourself to read quickly is needed as well.