Any Black Greeks around here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jolt21

I Drop Knowledge
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this here or in the lounge, but whatever.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the divine nine. I always appreciate seeing black greeks go pre-med. very rare at my school.

A-Phi-A over here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I didn't know where to put this here or in the lounge, but whatever.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the divine nine. I always appreciate seeing black greeks go pre-med. very rare at my school.

A-Phi-A over here.

Glad to see you around here bro. It is definitely a great feeling seeing other members of the Divine 9 going into medicine. I am a proud member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. Hope all is blessed with you bro, God bless!

Omega Psi Phi checkin in.....and yeah you're right, black greek pre-meds are scarce, but thats pretty much due to the overall rarity of black pre-meds as a whole, especially male. I'm 95% sure that I'm the only black male pre-med at my state school of 11,000 students, excluding freshmen, and there are 3 black female pre-meds. One of which is my girlfriend, whose non-greek. I went to a minority program at the only med school in my state and they told us there were only 8 black males in my entire state to apply to med school this year, that is a rather sobering statistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Omega Psi Phi Checking in once again! Greetings to my FRIEND above me and to the rest of the Black greeks on SDN.

I'm greek, but its not one of the divine 9. I didn't like their recruitment methods so I decided to join a social fraternity instead. Don't hold it against me though :(

I'm greek, but its not one of the divine 9. I didn't like their recruitment methods so I decided to join a social fraternity instead. Don't hold it against me though :(

Thats cool man what fraternity are you in? I strongly considered an IFC fraternity before I joined the one I ended up in.

Thats cool man what fraternity are you in? I strongly considered an IFC fraternity before I joined the one I ended up in.

Pi Kappa Alpha, I had planned on going A-Phi-A but I just wasn't feeling their method of recruitment. I joined Pike and really haven't looked back since, I'm thoroughly enjoying my greek experience.

Reactions: 1 user
AKA over here!

LXA here. I was the only black guy in the fraternity, and proud to say I served as president for a year. :D

Black and gold riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here....just look at the name.......

Alpha man here

I agree about scarce black males that are pre-med. In my state there have been only six black males to get into the medical school over the past three or four years....I find out if I got into today but I am already accepted to a D.O. school I am VERY happy to be going to (To put it nicely, I won't be shed any tears if I don't get into my state school but its just SO much cheaper....)

Where are the rest of you guys going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Devastating Diva of Delta Sigma Theta, checking in ;)

A lovely lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc, checking in over here!! Hello all and I wish you all the best in applications this term : )

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. here!

*waves to all my fellow greeks*

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. here!

*waves to all my fellow greeks*

Zeta Phi Beta Sigma! Puchi is my sawrah! Wassup Sawrah!

Sigma or Zeta, it's all Phi Beta! 1914/1920

I am pleasantly surprised by how many of us there are here on SDN. This is really great to see. God bless yall!

LOL... hey frat!! I crack up everytime I see the word "sawrah"... I'm from up north and I will never get used to that!

LOL... hey frat!! I crack up everytime I see the word "sawrah"... I'm from up north and I will never get used to that!

You from up north, up north where? I went to school at Sac st. I only use sawrah cuz I thought it was funny when I was in the south or at blue and white weekend.

I went to SUNY Binghamton. =) I live in NYC.

You went to B&W weekend? My goodness, I saw some pictures and it looked like crazy LOL.

wow. i had to say that word out loud to understand it was just soror with some weird, southern twist. haha

Alpha Phi Alpha Here. Just wanted all you pre-med types to know there is another world out there. I'm a psychologist, but much love to you all.

Representing Phi Beta Sigma.... Blue Phi....!!

Fourth year Medical Student from Vanderbilt who also happened to go to pharmacy school first.

So I can answer questions about:

1. pharmacy school
2. medical school
3. residency applications (applying for Med-Peds)

Representing Phi Beta Sigma.... Blue Phi....!!

Fourth year Medical Student from Vanderbilt who also happened to go to pharmacy school first.

So I can answer questions about:

1. pharmacy school
2. medical school
3. residency applications (applying for Med-Peds)

Wassup Bruh! Blu Phi, You Know!!! Glad to see ya on here! One of my closest friends is Vandy c/o 2010. What are you looking to go into?

Its a small world.

I am doing a combined internal medicine and pediatrics residency.

A lovely lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha in the house... Im actually attending optometry school though! We are even more rare than the pre-meds and pre-dents! Nice to see future docs doing their thing! :)

Phi Nu Member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

As, my A Phi Brother had said: 'I didn't know where to post it.' So,

Nothing is Private about our private life. The Dr. see it. Why won't they say anything.-I am a psychology student was until I had graduated...However, (A Phi), it had seemed like a good place to post it here in the Healthcare section...

Phi Nu Member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

As, my A Phi Brother had said: 'I didn't know where to post it.' So,

Nothing is Private about our private life. The Dr. see it. Why won't they say anything.-I am a psychology student was until I had graduated...However, (A Phi), it had seemed like a good place to post it here in the Healthcare section...

As individuals in the medical field had chosen to ignore, as well as listen: When individuals seek a doctor because something is wrong with them, AND NO IT'S NOT THE DRINK

Exodus 4:25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and touched {Moses'} feet with it. [a] "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said. 26 So the LORD let him alone. (At that time she said "bridegroom of blood," referring to circumcision.)

Genesis $ 10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

However, we as professional are suppose to ignore the symptoms of the human being and treated as a human being. Meaning: 'No, his color did not turn that color because he was failing...' 'No, had nothing to do with constipation.' Rather than, his skin is that color because it is enriched with the natural nutrients of the soil.

Hi Everyone!

I represent Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated!!! Congratulations on matching Med/Peds Vray! I was wondering what you decided to go into!

Wassup Bruh! Blu Phi, You Know!!! Glad to see ya on here! One of my closest friends is Vandy c/o 2010. What are you looking to go into?

Blue and White stand up!!!! A dovely lady of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc checkin in!!

BlackDr2b congrats on the Howard admit. We chatted way back about Howard app processes I've been MIA. Didnt even know my support system was comig from Frat!! I'm going to SUNY Downstate... anybody else????

Hello everybody.

A lovely lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated here!

Wishing everyone a blessed year, and for those of us applying, GOOD LUCK!

Hey Everyone,

Proud Member of Kappa Alpha Psi Inc.. Gamma Phi Chapter
Phi house of the South

Gf and future wifey is Delta Sigma Theta (her mom too). Deltas produce quality Sistas :)

A lovely lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. checkin in for the roll call :D!! Are any of you greeks Pre-Dent??

Another Ice Cold Brother checkin in! It's good to see pre-med/pre-dent Black greeks out here. Much success for the future.

In greek unity...

I've been a lurker of this site for awhile now, but the name tells my greek affiliation

Yoooooooooooo!!!
Seven klub
alpha pi
fall 2k3

wow. so many lovely ladies of the divine nine here. i hope to meet some of you on the interview trail. :claps:

Hey everyone! I am a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Nice to meet ya'll!

Sophisticated lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc! Shout out to all members of the D9 family!

Unfortunately at my institution, we are not greek heavy. I think I can count everyone that is D9 from the medical, dental, and graduate school on both hands :-(.

is it too late to pledge when I get in med school

Sophisticated lady of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc! Shout out to all members of the D9 family!

Unfortunately at my institution, we are not greek heavy. I think I can count everyone that is D9 from the medical, dental, and graduate school on both hands :-(.

is it too late to pledge when I get in med school

It is never too late to express your interest in a greek letter organization. There are even members that have joined our organization (as I'm sure in the others) as senior citizens.

A little tid bit..."pledging" is not really a term that should be used. Just a heads up :).

Skeeeeeeeeee-Weeeeeeee!!!! Love all this D9 unity. Best of luck to all!