Any Carleton College students/alums out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tofurkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Carls,

I'm doing a post-bacc and just wondered if there are any fellow Carls using SDN. Also wondered if you've heard anything about Carleton's general medical school acceptance rate. It's been a few years since I graduated so I don't know these kinds of stats from the pre-med office.

Thanks!

Tofurkey

Members don't see this ad.

1999 grad here (chem).
I don't think motivated Carleton students have any trouble getting into med school. Surprisingly, a lot of "higher-ups" in education circles tend to know quite a bit about Carleton, even if they are not from the midwest. I know that there are a lot of students at Carleton who consider themselves premed and do not end up at med school, but I think this is mostly because they decide on a change of career plans. The Carleton courses that one takes for premed do a fairly good job of weeding people out. But I also do know lots of people who had some trouble with many of these courses that ended up in med school. I am sure the premed advisor at Carleton would tell you that Carleton has a good acceptance rate. I know that many people worry about the fact that Carleton's average GPA is quite a bit lower than almost every other school, but that doesn't seem to hurt any applicants. Carleton prepares you well for med school.