Any Easy Verbal on the MCAT or a lot of Plato stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the MCAT give 7 straight easy-read passages that flow smoothly similar to some of the really interesting passages in EK....or are you BOUND to get at least one ridiculous passage about philosophy and ancient literature...?
Or is it a matter of luck? I hate verbal, but I would manage if I got some interesting passages.

Members don't see this ad.

Not to scare you, but I did every Kaplan practice test + others and the REAL verbal I had was by FAR the hardest I had ever seen.

I took the MCAT a few years back, but all passages were random. One was about multiple voyages across sea involving different boats that went different ways. It confused the crap out of me.

Do as many as possible for practice, and remember that the harder the section, the bigger the curve.

Funny that you mention plato, seeing as how I've tried to get through The Republic something like 6 times now and keep failing. Hopefully that's not an omen of things to come!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I found that there was usually at least one very obscure passage in the practice AAMCs, and I would average about a 10. I took the real MCAT on May 22 and found that every passage was very straightforward, and was expecting at least a 10. I got a 9.

The scale is tough.

thanks for the assuring words...it sucks the scale is tough, but how could you have assessed that scale? what do you think was a 9?

oh totally dude. expect 7 passages that include wonderful stories of power rangers, lord of the rings and harry potter.

Another May 22nd-er here. Passages were easy to read but questions were odd.