Any experience with Pain Board review programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeniorWrangler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm eligible to take the Pain Boards this fall and have been studying for a while but I'm thinking about a board review course as well. The ones I have heard of are:

Dannemiller
The Pass Machine
ASIPP

Any experience with any of these? It's a few days off work and a lot of money to attend one, so I want to make sure it would be worthwhile. The Dannemiller course also has an Ultrasound for Pain course right after it, if you want to be cool and use ultrasound all the time.
I should add that I'm already studying with the Dannemiller review DVD's, so I'm not sure how much more benefit I'd get from actually being there.

Members don't see this ad.

if you are already doing the DVDs, i dont think you'll get anything else out of it, other than the environment to study without distraction...

i got a lot out of Painexam.com. cheap, online, some really good questions. the content obviously is disjointed (in a test format), but if you do them again and again, the teaching points set in...

Did denemiller mp3's to and from work. Surprisingly high yield and definitely gave me some questions right I would not have gotten.

Painexam.com wasn't bad. Online, easy to do.

Did questions from abdi. Also decent yield.

I passed (easily) despite thinking I had failed after the test.

The test consisted of a lot of irrelevant questions, zebras, fascinomas, questions on PT theory, psychotherapy theory, ridiculous receptor questions, ethical/legal questions. Glad it's over.

Looked over asipp prep questions. Also very good. 50-70% correct on the practice exams is good.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have information regarding percentage of questions correct to pass? First time they had an ITE for the pain boards, received a 65% correct without any formal studying (i.e., review books mentioned above). Thanks!

Anyone have information regarding percentage of questions correct to pass? First time they had an ITE for the pain boards, received a 65% correct without any formal studying (i.e., review books mentioned above). Thanks!

No minimum number. Bottom 15% fail. Everyone else passes. Please search, this was all discussed in last years threads.