Any experience with Pass Machine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xeta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting to gear up for written boards and was thinking about using Pass Machine. I know they are still pretty new, anyone have any thoughts on how effective they are? Any other suggestions?

As far as texts, I was going to go through Morgan/Mikhael new edition, Faust new edition and Matthes.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Starting to gear up for written boards and was thinking about using Pass Machine.

I have no experience with them, but I bet in the time it takes to receive replies here, you could get on I-294S and drive the 22.9 miles from your current location to their offices and check them out in person. Assuming, that is, that you haven't been there before. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm interested as well. I've heard good things from a couple co residents. I'll probably be buying it soon myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
It wasn't bad. Me and my co residents went for the live course, using our leftover meeting days and funds. The lectures are hit or miss depending on the lecturer. Some, though, were pretty spot on in teaching towards the test. It comes with a qbank as well. Some though were pretty bad. But you get access to the online lectures from the prior year ... If it's a different lecturer it was usually pretty good.

It wasn't bad. Me and my co residents went for the live course, using our leftover meeting days and funds. The lectures are hit or miss depending on the lecturer. Some, though, were pretty spot on in teaching towards the test. It comes with a qbank as well. Some though were pretty bad. But you get access to the online lectures from the prior year ... If it's a different lecturer it was usually pretty good.

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I'd be shelling out of pocket (not using leftover funds), so I think I'd only be up for something quality, and I don't think I'd be up for the live course. What "home" studying did you do? Did you feel that you got anything additional from the online qbank / lectures that you didn't get from your studying?

I have no experience with them, but I bet in the time it takes to receive replies here, you could get on I-294S and drive the 22.9 miles from your current location to their offices and check them out in person. Assuming, that is, that you haven't been there before. ;)

Every year it's the same thing...

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I'd be shelling out of pocket (not using leftover funds), so I think I'd only be up for something quality, and I don't think I'd be up for the live course. What "home" studying did you do? Did you feel that you got anything additional from the online qbank / lectures that you didn't get from your studying?

I didn't really use their qbank much. I liked the Matthes book, M5, and the Ace questions for home studying. Occasionally I'd review a few topics out of Faust. Since I did go to their course, I leafed through the binder of notes the week of the test and I really did like some of those lectures. The ones on higher yield topics were great. If anything, it only helped focus my studying so that I didn't really dwell on minutia.

I liked the ace questions. Pass machine was ok... I did the home course.