Any Feb 1st Mills applicants heard anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brizzle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone who got there mills app in around the deadline has heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone could provide updates, that would be great.

Thanks!

If anyone could provide updates, that would be great.

Thanks!

Well,
first I was told by the end of last week people would begin to receive notice. I called this morning to graduate admissions and the woman who answered said next week. I have pretty much settled on another program.

Thanks, Lizzie.

I saw in another post you mentioned that people who went to Mills told you that many people drop out and recommended against attending. Could you provide more details please? I'm really interested.

Thanks again

Thanks, Lizzie.

I saw in another post you mentioned that people who went to Mills told you that many people drop out and recommended against attending. Could you provide more details please? I'm really interested.

Thanks again

Most of the time I hear really good things about Mills. It is a strong program with a good reputation overall. On one occasion, I had spoken to two people at a premed conference who were in the process of finishing up their prereqs. They did not go into great detail about why I should not attend, because we were busy with the conference. I was a little concerned, because with the cost of the program I didn't want to waste my time or money. So, I posted the question to find out exactly what some people thought about the program. Both of the individuals I spoke with started the program and then left to do an informal post-bac.
Even if I am accepted to Mills, I would probably still end up doing an informal post-bac due to finances.

Thanks, Lizzi, for filling me in and good luck with the informal program!

Just an update: I checked my school mailbox for the first time in a week or so and had an acceptance from Mills. It was dated March 10 and said that I have until the 31st to make the deposit. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but hopefully I'll work it out by then.

Just an update: I checked my school mailbox for the first time in a week or so and had an acceptance from Mills. It was dated March 10 and said that I have until the 31st to make the deposit. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but hopefully I'll work it out by then.

Thanks! Good luck to you as well.

I just got my acceptance as well, very excited. I have to pick between mills and nyu now. I can't seem to make up my mind. Any opinions?

I have received my acceptance to Mills as well. I am still debating about whether this is the best program for me. I am in the same position as you are Brizzle.

Scorps, I was wondering if you have decided to attend Mills post bacc program.

looks like I'll be going to mills. I'm pretty excited about going there and moving to Cali from NYC. Anyone else accepting their offers? We should try to meet up over the summer if people are in the area.

Hi Everyone. I was accepted to Mills as well and am leaning towards attending this Fall. Does anyone have good or bad impressions of the program in addition to what has already been posted above?

My impressions so far is that it is a strong program with a good reputation to most schools, especially UC and other California schools.

I have had such a hard time finding info about the Mills program out there, I'm so glad I found this forum! I have also received my acceptance letter and cannot decide between Mills and doing the classes on my own... Anyone have any thoughts?

Congrats to those of you who have accepted your position, I expect we will become friends through our linkage in such a small program (if I go!). Those of you that hadn't decided above, have you made a choice?