Any good medical schools in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hii i hope someone answer my questions plzzz

i want to know how arabs are treated in germany i have heard horrible stories especially against muslims and i m hoping they r just false rumors,also i heard that there is an age limit or age requirment that can affect my admission for a medical university in other word is it true if i m too old i cant be accepted??!! and my last question is a year enough to learn the german language

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz answer
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Many arabs in German med schools, no age limit, one year can be enough to be fluent in German.

thanks for answering my Qs in such a short time and words!!lol anyway thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You will face discrimination, rather, unfair treatment from professors in east german schools. There will be some fantastic ones who only care about your ability to work, and then there will be a good percentage who only care about your race and not educating you and will handle exams unfairly.

The flipside of the issue is whether or not the Arab students are integrated with the student body. I'm non-white, but not Arab. There was resistance at first, but I'm accepted because I made a strong effort to integrate and not stay with the foreign students. However, the Arab community in the school only sticks together, for a large part, and does not integrate and only speaks arabic with one another, so I believe they isolate themselves. How you're treated by the students also has a direct connection with how the arab community in that particular school behaves.

I don'tgo to school in Germany, but have a lot of experience with the country. Germans are generally very tolerant. And if they have negative feelings towards a foreigner, they keep it to themselves.

Germans can appear stiff, unfriendly and very serious, but they are generally very good people, and once you get to know them, you'll understand that this is their nature, and not to be offended by it.

The most important thing anyone can do in Germany is to speak German and speak it well. Germans take this seriously, and they will be very thankful for it.

Also, Germans are professional and well mannered. So, dress very professional, be well mannered, speak very good German, and they will have a hard time finding something about you they dislike.

And integrate yourself. Don't stick to foreign students or foreigners. Try to work your way into the German crowd and be as German as possible.

Once again, I have found Germany and Germans to be very tolerant. Their culture is different and it can be easy to misjudge. If you interpret it the wrong way, you may feel like it is something personal against you, when this isn't the case.

It's common sense really. No one will have problems in Germany if they speak excellent German, are well dressed, well mannered, integrated, do not cause trouble, and are good people.

I don'tgo to school in Germany, but have a lot of experience with the country. Germans are generally very tolerant. And if they have negative feelings towards a foreigner, they keep it to themselves.

Germans can appear stiff, unfriendly and very serious, but they are generally very good people, and once you get to know them, you'll understand that this is their nature, and not to be offended by it.

The most important thing anyone can do in Germany is to speak German and speak it well. Germans take this seriously, and they will be very thankful for it.

Also, Germans are professional and well mannered. So, dress very professional, be well mannered, speak very good German, and they will have a hard time finding something about you they dislike.

And integrate yourself. Don't stick to foreign students or foreigners. Try to work your way into the German crowd and be as German as possible.

Once again, I have found Germany and Germans to be very tolerant. Their culture is different and it can be easy to misjudge. If you interpret it the wrong way, you may feel like it is something personal against you, when this isn't the case.

It's common sense really. No one will have problems in Germany if they speak excellent German, are well dressed, well mannered, integrated, do not cause trouble, and are good people.
Your first line is 100% a lie, and spoken like a true tourist enchanted with the tourist areas. Live here, as I have even before I began schooling, and one will see. It's also backed up with MANY links I've posted in other threads about the reality of Germany.

As far as the language goes, that's also full of **** in the east. Germans get pissed because foreigners don't learn the language, and they refuse to learn other languages, even the languages of the countries they visit (as evidenced by Germanization of tourist areas around Europe). The first step to integration is learning the language, so when one learns the language, theoretically, the integration is 99% there, so they get pissy when one actually uses the language, and typically pretend to not understand.

Germans are anything but professional. That again is another myth of the country. They are not well-mannered, either. Students were showing to interviews at my school wearing shorts and t-shirts and I was told I overdressed because I wore a suit. Manners, hygiene, and other related issues are a whole different story, and one will see it living here, and perhaps getting out of a tourist area.

And your concluding line is full of **** too, as evidenced by Dresden's courtroom murder, for one thing, or the near-deadly beating of a black engineer. It happens all over Germany. Germany has even the ranking of poorest at integrating their immigrants, while neighboring countries have had far fewer problems. It's because the people here resist integration. I see it on a daily basis, in many different aspects, and this resistance to integration has been confirmed by the German Interior Ministry in studies of Nazism, prejudices and opinions of foreigners (such as foreigners are here because they are criminals and/or to see asylum and social services).

I've posted numerous links that are searchable in my history.

Here is but one reference:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,697085,00.html

'Not Exactly Inviting'

Klaus J. Bade, the chairman of the Expert Advisory Board for Integration and Migration (SVR), argues that Germany has to make itself more attractive to Germans and immigrants alike. He says that many people leaving Germany complain of the "narrow hierarchies in German companies, the poor chances of getting ahead and the lack of fairness in recognizing performance." On the other hand, people in other countries are put off by Germany's reputation for not welcoming foreigners, an image "that is not exactly inviting," Bade told the Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper.

Maybe you have this problem in the east. I don't know. I haven't been there, but I've been to the rest of Germany, and I've lived here since 2005. I've found quite a different situation than what you're describing. It appears like you have a chip on your shoulder, and have also misinterpreted German culture (as I have done before also). I am not saying the place is perfect, but what I said earlier stands to be true.

And for any news you want to post, it's propaganda by the politically correct liberal fools who try to push Germany into completely giving their country away to foreigners.

No one coming to Germany has to worry about the garbage you posted. If you have such a problem with Germany, then you should leave.

Maybe you have this problem in the east. I don't know. I haven't been there, but I've been to the rest of Germany, and I've lived here since 2005. I've found quite a different situation than what you're describing. It appears like you have a chip on your shoulder, and have also misinterpreted German culture (as I have done before also). I am not saying the place is perfect, but what I said earlier stands to be true.

And for any news you want to post, it's propaganda by the politically correct liberal fools who try to push Germany into completely giving their country away to foreigners.

No one coming to Germany has to worry about the garbage you posted. If you have such a problem with Germany, then you should leave.
Let me ask: are you white? Usually the whites don't see, and refuse to see the problems because they are white. Chip on my shoulder? That's the typical loser ex-pat defense, which you can check on those particular forums, for people who were losers in the US, so they viciously defend Germany, even in the face of the actual evidence of problems with foreigners. And of course, it's very typical to try and claim it's propaganda, but luckily, you said what one of the heads of Germany's bank said, which has gotten support by many Germans- hat Germany's problems, in the past, and for eternity, will NEVER be due to Germans or the structurization of Germany. There will always be someone else to blame for Germany's problems. In the past, the scapegoats were the jews, now they are the Pols, Czechs, Greeks, and Muslims because they're too afraid to claim it's the jews in public again. Now, there's a huge force against Islamification of Germany (I am not muslim, in case you try and pull that card). It's easy on the internet to immediately claim one has a chip on their shoulder, knowing NOTHING about the situation, but it's typically German to not look at facts being brought forth as constructive, but to immediately jump on the person and claim how maligned the Germans are. Well, for good reason. Even neighbor countries are very outspoken in EU council meetings against the oppressive actions of Germany on other countries through the council. Even German nationalism came out in the Greek crisis that Germany claimed to have no part of.

And it's a typical defense by Germans and loser ex-pats, to tell people that f you don't like Germany, then leave. Then Germany wins. That's EXACTLY what German nationalists want and the fact that it comes up so often, shows the inherent nationalism in German culture that has been there well before Hitler and still hasn't left. Oh, and in case you didn't know, the top of the NPD and other Nazi groups are all west Germans. They were kicked out in the 80's, or forced to go underground, but they are still west Germans. This isn't exclusively an East German problem, which again, is another tactic West Germans use to distance themselves, despite the fact that Herbert Schweiger is allowed to openly address his followers in Nordrhein-Westfallen, and no fear of conviction because the German government refuses to try him for Nazi propaganda.

Anyhow, you will win when foreigners leave Germany because you've been unknowingly Germanized, like most losers who leave the US because they didn't have anything going for them there, and all of a sudden, they have to defend Germany as if it's theirs, meanwhile, you don't have full voting rights. I'm actually allowed to criticize. You know why? I'm an EU citizen and have FULL voting rights and citizen member rights in Germany that you don't. My rights are recognized under German and EU law. You are the visitor here if you'd like to play that game.

O

First off, I doubt you even live in Germany. If you do, then you're obviously isolated and have no exposure to "Germany". You have a severe misinterpretation of the culture that surrounds you. You appear to be basing your opinions on your lonely internet reading. Which is obvious, because your post consists of cherry picked, copied and pasted headlines. Your abuse of history is also quite shallow.

You're just playing the race card. You have your own little paranoid persecution fantasy going on in your head. Once you get out of that mindset, you'll have a lot more freedom. It sucks harboring so much hate (especially when it's a fantasy).

I'm an EU citizen, but it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm not an "expat" who is living in Germany "because I have nothing better at home" nor have I been "Germanized", nor do I defend Germany. I'm calling out your BS, because that's what it is.

And I am white, but look like an outsider, and sure, I feel like a outsider here, because I am one! Without an understanding of Germany and German culture, I could have easily assumed that I am not wanted or disliked. But, since I do understand the culture, I know this isn't the case. Like I said, it's easy to misinterpret things.

I have tons of non white friends who absolutely love Germany, and have had none of the problems that you've had (in your case, imaginary).

I could go on and on. Doesn't matter. You've got your mind made up, and that's alright. In this case, it isn't worth my time trying to argue with you.

Let me ask: are you white? Usually the whites don't see, and refuse to see the problems because they are white. Chip on my shoulder? That's the typical loser ex-pat defense, which you can check on those particular forums, for people who were losers in the US, so they viciously defend Germany, even in the face of the actual evidence of problems with foreigners. And of course, it's very typical to try and claim it's propaganda, but luckily, you said what one of the heads of Germany's bank said, which has gotten support by many Germans- hat Germany's problems, in the past, and for eternity, will NEVER be due to Germans or the structurization of Germany. There will always be someone else to blame for Germany's problems. In the past, the scapegoats were the jews, now they are the Pols, Czechs, Greeks, and Muslims because they're too afraid to claim it's the jews in public again. Now, there's a huge force against Islamification of Germany (I am not muslim, in case you try and pull that card). It's easy on the internet to immediately claim one has a chip on their shoulder, knowing NOTHING about the situation, but it's typically German to not look at facts being brought forth as constructive, but to immediately jump on the person and claim how maligned the Germans are. Well, for good reason. Even neighbor countries are very outspoken in EU council meetings against the oppressive actions of Germany on other countries through the council. Even German nationalism came out in the Greek crisis that Germany claimed to have no part of.

And it's a typical defense by Germans and loser ex-pats, to tell people that f you don't like Germany, then leave. Then Germany wins. That's EXACTLY what German nationalists want and the fact that it comes up so often, shows the inherent nationalism in German culture that has been there well before Hitler and still hasn't left. Oh, and in case you didn't know, the top of the NPD and other Nazi groups are all west Germans. They were kicked out in the 80's, or forced to go underground, but they are still west Germans. This isn't exclusively an East German problem, which again, is another tactic West Germans use to distance themselves, despite the fact that Herbert Schweiger is allowed to openly address his followers in Nordrhein-Westfallen, and no fear of conviction because the German government refuses to try him for Nazi propaganda.

Anyhow, you will win when foreigners leave Germany because you've been unknowingly Germanized, like most losers who leave the US because they didn't have anything going for them there, and all of a sudden, they have to defend Germany as if it's theirs, meanwhile, you don't have full voting rights. I'm actually allowed to criticize. You know why? I'm an EU citizen and have FULL voting rights and citizen member rights in Germany that you don't. My rights are recognized under German and EU law. You are the visitor here if you'd like to play that game.

O

just ignore slight365, there is no level on which you can communicate with him/her.

First off, I doubt you even live in Germany. If you do, then you're obviously isolated and have no exposure to "Germany". You have a severe misinterpretation of the culture that surrounds you. You appear to be basing your opinions on your lonely internet reading. Which is obvious, because your post consists of cherry picked, copied and pasted headlines. Your abuse of history is also quite shallow.

You're just playing the race card. You have your own little paranoid persecution fantasy going on in your head. Once you get out of that mindset, you'll have a lot more freedom. It sucks harboring so much hate (especially when it's a fantasy).

I'm an EU citizen, but it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm not an "expat" who is living in Germany "because I have nothing better at home" nor have I been "Germanized", nor do I defend Germany. I'm calling out your BS, because that's what it is.

And I am white, but look like an outsider, and sure, I feel like a outsider here, because I am one! Without an understanding of Germany and German culture, I could have easily assumed that I am not wanted or disliked. But, since I do understand the culture, I know this isn't the case. Like I said, it's easy to misinterpret things.

I have tons of non white friends who absolutely love Germany, and have had none of the problems that you've had (in your case, imaginary).

I could go on and on. Doesn't matter. You've got your mind made up, and that's alright. In this case, it isn't worth my time trying to argue with you.
Hah, you doubt I live in Germany, which is absolutely ridiculous. How about this: I doubt YOU live in Germany because you have the typically bull**** outsider tourist romantic view of a country that was in war for hundreds of years, had a buildup of nationalism that was in the works well before Hitler, and then all of a sudden think that remnants will not remain and that 60 years is enough time for the culture to change and even revert back to the state before the Prussian influence took hold.

You romanticise even in the face of massive social problems ACKNOWLEDGED by the Interior Ministry of Germany. Even pdf docs are available of the rise of Nazism in the youth, but they are in German and likely not understandable for you. The rise of nationalism is very real as is the extremism that is associated with it. You have not read my posts, which is absolute bull****, because then you wouldn't doubt I live in Germany, which is a sad shot, considering not too far in my massive post count, I posted a guide on Germany's medical school system and how to get in to prevent the same question over and over. You'd also have seen the legitimate links I've posted, from Germany's own news(which you would likely say is controlled by a certain minority group to be anti-German, rather than reflecting reality, despite the fact that Germany moderates reporting of the nazism, islamaphobia, xenophobia, and violence and failure to report hate crimes by showing statistics and playing the numbers game. So there's no abuse of history, especially when I can cite the sources of the history, and when my focus is NOW. The NOW supported by Germany, acknowledged by the governments, media, universities, international institutes, and so on. You think I'm isolated? I live in a Hauptstadt, have a good group of friends I study with and hang with, but they have observed the situations that involve how I'm treated, and even testified on my behalf when there were problems with the faculty.

You are little more than a tourist.

Last edited:
And you're a little more than insane. Good luck to you.

Also, I will add this: grow some thicker skin and a set of balls. Not everyone is out to get you. No matter where you go in the world, you're going to deal with the same crap. One day you'll realize this, and end up looking back at Germany in quite a different light.

And you're a little more than insane. Good luck to you.

Also, I will add this: grow some thicker skin and a set of balls. Not everyone is out to get you. No matter where you go in the world, you're going to deal with the same crap. One day you'll realize this, and end up looking back at Germany in quite a different light.
I never said "everyone is out to get me". That is your touristy imagination and projection and you admittedly stepped up claiming off the bat that you know lots about Germany, but then it was revealed that you're simply another loudmouth tourist when you come here, enchanted by the tourist areas, and not the everyday grind of dealing with administrative systems that don't work, paperwork, utilities, departments that don't work, then of course, the massive, and acknowledged social and economic problems. In fact, more reports were released today! Check them out! Growing problems with right extremism, and a deteriorating medical care system.

However, if I hated everyone here, I wouldn't tour such cities as Hamburg all the time, where the attitudes are more open and friendly, or Bavaria and Baden Wurtemburg. However, surrounding countries are more tolerant, and middle eastern immigrants will get that. My testimony here is experience a blind white boy tourist can't give them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no, it's crisis time! Germany is about to collapse!

Cm'on man. Get a grip on reality.

Listen, I haven't been to the east, so I don't know what goes on there. If you're talking about the east, then you won't get anything out of me because I haven't been there and have nothing to say about it. If this has been your experience in the East, then that's what it is.

I share plenty of the same criticisms (and many more) of Germany, but I'm not going to go into a "bash Germany" conversation. I've overcome much of my frustration because I've come to understand and accept Germany as it is. Anyone with a US background is going to get frustrated with things here, period. The US mentality is completely different than the German or European mentality. And guess what? When I go back to the US, I criticize and complain about the US. Nowhere is perfect, everywhere has something to complain about. Germans complain about Germany too. And I guarantee you, you'll get more racism and intolerance in the US than in Europe.

If you're having such a bad time in the east, I suggest you move the west. There's a gazillion foreigners from all over the world, and you should feel more comfortable. However, people are people, the world is the world, and no matter where you are, you're going to have to put up with crap. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Another thing: you're very quick to start name calling and insulting people. Grow up. This isn't middle school. If your online personality has any resemblance of your real personality, then it's easy to see why you're experiencing problems.

Instead of arguing with you, I'd rather use you as a resource to increase my knowledge about med school and Germany. That would be more productive for everyone.

What countries surrounding Germany are more tolerant towards middle easterners?

Be careful not to make this a racial issue instead of a foreigner issue. It can be easy to assume that it's a racial issue, when it's not.

I'm a foreigner. I don't look German. I look like I am not from here. So what should I expect? Well, I expect to be looked at differently, because I am different. It's human nature. If I went to China, people would be looking at me because I look and am different. Expect this situation everywhere where you look different. Is it frustrating and annoying? Absolutely.

And some people just aren't friendly. Some people look very unfriendly, but aren't. Some people click with you, and some people just don't like you because they don't. There are too many variables within human relationships and interactions. It's easy to generalize all of this, and conclude or interpret it as a racial issue.

I'm not discounting your experiences. I'm just trying to open your mind a little bit, and perhaps you can see that you may be interpreting things in a wrong way. I think you have experienced negative things in Germany. I know I have. But I do think that you're interpreting it in a wrong way, and exaggerating it in your own mind. I also understand the frustrations of being in a different country, and how it can warp everything. I know, I've been in this before.

As far as I go, like I said, I'm no tourist, with no tourist fantasies etc. I live here and I know the deal. Another example: my wife is German. She's had 3 different jobs over the last few years, which she left due to mobbing, bosses covering their asses by blaming, all types of shady office politics etc. She's a great worker, and German. There's nothing unlikeable about her. Now, if she were brown skinned, she could easily assume that there's some sort of racial motivation behind this drama. Why wouldn't she? It's easy to have everything fall back to a racial issue as a cause, especially when you've done nothing wrong or deserving of unfair or bad treatment.

Once again, people are people, the world is the world, and you're going to find crap everywhere you go.

And as far as the media goes, cm'on man. Do you really trust the media? Only the gullible believe what they see in the media. I won't even get started on that. Throw the headlines out the window and don't let yourself get distracted, controlled, brainwashed etc by whatever agenda they're trying to push.

Anyway, if you do reply, I would hope that you'll refrain from making this some sort of school yard tease festival. I'm not interested in a dick measuring contest. If you have valuable information for me and others, then contribute it.

I never said "everyone is out to get me". That is your touristy imagination and projection and you admittedly stepped up claiming off the bat that you know lots about Germany, but then it was revealed that you're simply another loudmouth tourist when you come here, enchanted by the tourist areas, and not the everyday grind of dealing with administrative systems that don't work, paperwork, utilities, departments that don't work, then of course, the massive, and acknowledged social and economic problems. In fact, more reports were released today! Check them out! Growing problems with right extremism, and a deteriorating medical care system.

However, if I hated everyone here, I wouldn't tour such cities as Hamburg all the time, where the attitudes are more open and friendly, or Bavaria and Baden Wurtemburg. However, surrounding countries are more tolerant, and middle eastern immigrants will get that. My testimony here is experience a blind white boy tourist can't give them.

Oh no, it's crisis time! Germany is about to collapse!

Cm'on man. Get a grip on reality.

Listen, I haven't been to the east, so I don't know what goes on there. If you're talking about the east, then you won't get anything out of me because I haven't been there and have nothing to say about it. If this has been your experience in the East, then that's what it is.

I share plenty of the same criticisms (and many more) of Germany, but I'm not going to go into a "bash Germany" conversation. I've overcome much of my frustration because I've come to understand and accept Germany as it is. Anyone with a US background is going to get frustrated with things here, period. The US mentality is completely different than the German or European mentality. And guess what? When I go back to the US, I criticize and complain about the US. Nowhere is perfect, everywhere has something to complain about. Germans complain about Germany too. And I guarantee you, you'll get more racism and intolerance in the US than in Europe.

If you're having such a bad time in the east, I suggest you move the west. There's a gazillion foreigners from all over the world, and you should feel more comfortable. However, people are people, the world is the world, and no matter where you are, you're going to have to put up with crap. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Another thing: you're very quick to start name calling and insulting people. Grow up. This isn't middle school. If your online personality has any resemblance of your real personality, then it's easy to see why you're experiencing problems.

Instead of arguing with you, I'd rather use you as a resource to increase my knowledge about med school and Germany. That would be more productive for everyone.

What countries surrounding Germany are more tolerant towards middle easterners?

Be careful not to make this a racial issue instead of a foreigner issue. It can be easy to assume that it's a racial issue, when it's not.

I'm a foreigner. I don't look German. I look like I am not from here. So what should I expect? Well, I expect to be looked at differently, because I am different. It's human nature. If I went to China, people would be looking at me because I look and am different. Expect this situation everywhere where you look different. Is it frustrating and annoying? Absolutely.

And some people just aren't friendly. Some people look very unfriendly, but aren't. Some people click with you, and some people just don't like you because they don't. There are too many variables within human relationships and interactions. It's easy to generalize all of this, and conclude or interpret it as a racial issue.

I'm not discounting your experiences. I'm just trying to open your mind a little bit, and perhaps you can see that you may be interpreting things in a wrong way. I think you have experienced negative things in Germany. I know I have. But I do think that you're interpreting it in a wrong way, and exaggerating it in your own mind. I also understand the frustrations of being in a different country, and how it can warp everything. I know, I've been in this before.

As far as I go, like I said, I'm no tourist, with no tourist fantasies etc. I live here and I know the deal. Another example: my wife is German. She's had 3 different jobs over the last few years, which she left due to mobbing, bosses covering their asses by blaming, all types of shady office politics etc. She's a great worker, and German. There's nothing unlikeable about her. Now, if she were brown skinned, she could easily assume that there's some sort of racial motivation behind this drama. Why wouldn't she? It's easy to have everything fall back to a racial issue as a cause, especially when you've done nothing wrong or deserving of unfair or bad treatment.

Once again, people are people, the world is the world, and you're going to find crap everywhere you go.

And as far as the media goes, cm'on man. Do you really trust the media? Only the gullible believe what they see in the media. I won't even get started on that. Throw the headlines out the window and don't let yourself get distracted, controlled, brainwashed etc by whatever agenda they're trying to push.

Anyway, if you do reply, I would hope that you'll refrain from making this some sort of school yard tease festival. I'm not interested in a dick measuring contest. If you have valuable information for me and others, then contribute it.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
i`m a student of medicine from india. i will finish next year in 2011 my medical from russian federation and want to apply for post graduation in plastic surgery or oncology in germany.what are the requirements to be full filled by me to get admission for my higher studies in germany.i have ukranian wife is it possible that she can come along with me.

Hi, Im a 5 year medical student at Bogotá-Colombia
I have heard that it's virtually impossible to be a doctor in germany when you are NOT german, is that true?
Because I also intended to do an specialization there but I got discouraged
Now I cant decide whether to choose SPAIN or USA (or germany), which one do u guys think would be better? (easyness to accept foreign graduates, high salaries)

Hi there, am a 23 year old Ugandan pursing a bachelor's degree in science and very much planning on migrating to pursue a carrier in neurosurgery basically after studying neurosurgery in a good country putting my first priority as Germany. I'd very much like s'one to fill me in with the basic knowledge about the details of studying this course and my likely challenges and expenditures in Germany as well as not forgetting to ask the recommendable schools or colleges.:confused:

hi v, i saw your previous mssg to dmity and i am hoping you would be of help to me. no1. i cant speak german, i dont even know the alphabets in german. no2. i am a novice when it comes to schooling in germany. i really want to relocate to germany and study medicine but i dont know where to start. how am i going to study in germany if i cant speak german? are you a foreign student? How did you get through all this?

Hi all, I do need help. Im Indonesian. and Im planning to continue for Medical University in Germany. Is there any suggestion where is the best choice University for it and how I could enter?
thank you

Hi lekg,

I suggest that you look up for a "study advisor" to get some initial information.
If this doesn't help, I will get back to you with some other suggestions.

All helpless and won't look in the search, as there is a wealth of information there. All of you folks have lofty goals to study, yet you have questions that are not unique to you that have been addressed over and over and over and over again here, but no one reads them.

...and study advisors, like above, are scams, especially in Germany. No such service exists, or is needed.

hi everyone.. my name is saeed, im from egypt.
i want to join a medical university in germany by the summer of 2011.
im an igcse studen, i did my o levels- 3 as- and now taking 2 full a level subjects, im going to learn german by the end of january and hopefully i will get to level 5 or 6 :thumbup:
now, i want help because i keep on contacting the german universities and i dont get a reply :confused:
and i tried uni-assist but it wasnt helpful, 2 b frank its hard 4 me 2 surf through it bcz its all in german :p
wt do i have 2 do 2 join a university in germany?
as an international applicant, 2 register for summer 2011, the deadline is 15th of january..

i really need help,
bye

im an igcse studen, i did my o levels- 3 as- and now taking 2 full a level subjects, im going to learn german by the end of january and hopefully i will get to level 5 or 6 :thumbup:
now, i want help because i keep on contacting the german universities and i dont get a reply :confused:
and i tried uni-assist but it wasnt helpful, 2 b frank its hard 4 me 2 surf through it bcz its all in german :p
as an international applicant, 2 register for summer 2011, the deadline is 15th of january..

i really need help,
bye
Don't you find that a bit of a problem? English is a problem for you as well, but you're planning on a country with an especially difficult language and tough requirements, and you think you will learn it by the end of January? Good luck. Whatever level 5 or 6 is, it won't matter. You need a standardized test in Germany.

i really need help,
bye

The first thing to do in order to join a German Medical School is to learn German. If you can't even navigate through the German websites, how to you expect to learn medical courses in German?
Instead of trying to get into German medical schools next year , why don't you take a year off to learn the language proficiently, then you can try to get in. You will have better chances to get accepted (there are many Ausländer candidates with excellent German skills), not to mention that you will have a less stressful time in school.

Last edited:
I'm planning to study in Germany this year, for this winter semester.

I found that I have to decide the preference uni (Ortspräferenz)
And some unis require me to place them as 1.

I've planned to apply to some 'good' universities. But because of that Ortspräferenz system, I realized I can't choose apply to all of them.

Please recommend me some good uni to put in my '1. - 3. Preference' spot:
I won't apply to Heidelberg. I think it's standard is waaaay to high.
I'm thinking of Goettingen, Tuebingen, or Freiburg.

----------

I'm rather worried about the social life there. I'm afraid that my German is to formal, not 'umgangsprachlich' enough. Is it okay for them in Germany? Or is there a place to learn such language before I go there?

Thanks!!
:):)

HI! my name is Edgar.

I'm really confused about choosing University in Germany
Can somebody help me to choose between

University of Bonn
Ludwig Maximilians University of Munchen
Free University of Berlin
Humbolt University of Berlin
University of Freiburg
University of Heidelberg

I know that University of Heidelberg is the best based on Times Higher Education rank.
But i'm searching for the best weather, lifestyle, city, entertainment, education, etc.
Thanks for your help

I grew up in Freiburg i. Breisgau, Baden-Wuerttenberg that is. lived in germany 15 years traveled all over with stepdad in tourbusses. weather, people, lifestyle etc. is the best down there. plus you're right next to switz., italy, austria, france, spain etc. I live in US now but I'm looking forward to going to med school in freiburg if possible. 1931 Nobel-Prize Winner "Otto Warburg" was born there also. anyways, great place you'll love it. it's the Schwarzwald. (Black Forest):)

Hey,

Looking to get an answer from the experts.

I have got a residency position at charite. My question How is the rank of the medical school and its residency programs among the German Universities as well as worldwide.

My eyes keep looking at University of Heidelberg after I finish a year of German language intensive course. Does it worth to make effort to get enrolled there.

Would you rank the best medical schools in Europe particularly Sweden, Switzerland, Holland and Germany. If possible list the schools

Appreciate your responses

Last edited:
Charite is internationally known. Perhaps to the layman, better than Heidelberg. Heidelberg is something like the #1 German school, as well as Europe's #4 on some lists.

The way it works in Germany is that all medical schools are more or less at the same level, theoretically speaking. The research separates them. As far as flow of patients, experience, etc., you will get it at Charite.

Those lists are very unreliable. Their parameters are all different, and generally focus on the studies with research. In your case, you kind of have to go on facts, and Berlin has a huge flow of patients- something like the situation with people trying to get residencies at New York City hospitals. With that flow brings much diversity to the training process.

It's not easy to make any rankings. Several in CH are also top ranked in Europe.

Charite is internationally known. Perhaps to the layman, better than Heidelberg. Heidelberg is something like the #1 German school, as well as Europe's #4 on some lists.

The way it works in Germany is that all medical schools are more or less at the same level, theoretically speaking. The research separates them. As far as flow of patients, experience, etc., you will get it at Charite.

Those lists are very unreliable. Their parameters are all different, and generally focus on the studies with research. In your case, you kind of have to go on facts, and Berlin has a huge flow of patients- something like the situation with people trying to get residencies at New York City hospitals. With that flow brings much diversity to the training process.

It's not easy to make any rankings. Several in CH are also top ranked in Europe.

Thanks for the response...

You are right during the residency the most valuable factor is the flow of patients.

Which school that supervises Charite Hospital...???

I don't understand your question- Charite is run by the faculty of medicine of the now combined Berlin medical university. Or by association.

You're the one with a position there and it seems odd you're asking such a question about your employer and expressing doubt. Seems quite odd, to say the least.

hi everyone
i'm a third year medical student. my english is fluent but my german is beginner level. i'm looking for a lab research internship in germany for summer term of 2011. i'll be very glad if someone can tell me how to proceed. thanks!

I don't understand your question- Charite is run by the faculty of medicine of the now combined Berlin medical university. Or by association.

You're the one with a position there and it seems odd you're asking such a question about your employer and expressing doubt. Seems quite odd, to say the least.

I haven't started the training yet...

hi everyone
i'm a third year medical student. my english is fluent but my german is beginner level. i'm looking for a lab research internship in germany for summer term of 2011. i'll be very glad if someone can tell me how to proceed. thanks!
Beginner German won't get you through lab research if it's conducted in German. In fact, I don't know where most get the B2 requirement from because the real usage of German doesn't come until the Oberstufe. You might be able to order a Doener with B2. Anyhow, most all universities have websites for the research facilities. You have to go direct, just as the students of those schools do.

I don't know what your citizenship is, either. That plays a role.

Hello to everyone.
I'm second year student in Odessa National Medical University.
So, I want to get entered to German Uni.
What good Medical Unis can you advise to me?
And what papers do I need to them?
Thanks a lot.

Hello to everyone.
Thanks a lot.
Amazing. It's as if I never wrote a long post on what the process is all about and as if the search doesn't work and as if some of that info wasn't already answered in this very thread. It's almost as if people just register and pull the most available thread up on the first page and just tack their question onto it and expect the flow of information to go right into their hands. This is partly the reason why most people who were great contributors leave. The wealth of information is on a decline as it becomes outdated, and the questions are largely the same, over and over, going back years.

Hello to everyone.
Thanks a lot.

Hello.
If you would like to start studying medicine in Germany then t you need to pass the language test which is called DSH (similar as TOEFL). Then you have to be accepted from the German Unies. Good Scores in your High School and DSH are the 2 things which can allow you to start studying Medicine at germany Universities

Hello.
If you would like to start studying medicine in Germany then t you need to pass the language test which is called DSH (similar as TOEFL). Then you have to be accepted from the German Unies. Good Scores in your High School and DSH are the 2 things which can allow you to start studying Medicine at germany Universities
This is incorrect. The DSH is a university specific exam. They also accept the standardized DaF, as well as Goethe's Oberstufe exam. The specific requirements vary by school, and in medicine, it's not a matter of "passing". The highest language requirements are for medicine, and they vary widely, with minimum being a high Stufe II in the oberstufe.

Good scores on HS will not qualify someone. They want, and regularly get people with with at least a two year minimum degree from the US, displaying experience in Bio, 2 years of chemistry, physics, and whatever else they would equilibrate with their Abitur.

I wrote a lengthy post on this, but once again, it's buried, no one cares, and inaccurate info dominates. No wonder the others who have been through the process don't care to come back and help- the people here are thankless, inexperienced, and not willing to seek out info that is available for what is going to be an extremely difficult study path.

slight365, oh sorry for my thankless.
I just want to know, what Niveau of German language want German Unis?
Is B2 goot to them? Or just C1? that's all. THANKS

slight365, oh sorry for my thankless.
I just want to know, what Niveau of German language want German Unis?
Is B2 goot to them? Or just C1? that's all. THANKS
In general, medicine requires the highest possible level of German on the DaF or their DSH. The DSH for that particular school can vary from the standardized DaF because the school develops it themselves, based on their standards and needs. The level they almost always formally require (but of course can deviate from) is c1-c2/81% DSH or an equivalent high standing on the ZOP exam from Goethe.

In general, and I've posted it here before, B2 allows one to order a Doener. It is not considered "independent" and appropriate for medical studies, since there is a high level of communication skill needed. The major German one will need comes in the Oberstuefe, which is C-level. In my case, 70% of my language studies alone were spent in the Oberstuefe. You absolutely need this level because it's where the functional portions of German come from that one will need all the time. Even at that point, one will still not be prepared for medical school and in my case, the first 7 weeks were decisive and horrid, while I brought myself up to speed, a process that continues.

Schools reserve everything on a case by case basis, and it completely depends on what they will take you at. If you can't make it through an interview, then even if you do well on a written test, you might not get in because you can't express yourself. Some schools might allow students to get by with B2, but they will be in no way prepared for many aspects, including oral exams and the oral portion of the Physikum. Some students have high levels of expression, but perhaps a lower test score in the B2 range. They might make it in after proving themselves in an interview.

Again, don't shoot for a minimum of German, since it will not help you to do so. You have to learn the best possible German you can because you only have one chance to study medicine in Germany.

vexa '
hi how are you?
vexa i need your help
i'm 6th year medical student in saudi arabia and i want to join a hospital in germany for a month during my internship.
if you will help me just give me your number and i will call you
this is my number anyway :00966591717974

vexa '
hi how are you?
vexa i need your help
i'm 6th year medical student in saudi arabia and i want to join a hospital in germany for a month during my internship.
if you will help me just give me your number and i will call you
this is my number anyway :00966591717974

it's like people don't know how to use private messages, nor email through the site, nor are able to conceive that someone last posted in this thread some five years ago.

In general, medicine requires the highest possible level of German on the DaF or their DSH. The DSH for that particular school can vary from the standardized DaF because the school develops it themselves, based on their standards and needs. The level they almost always formally require (but of course can deviate from) is c1-c2/81% DSH or an equivalent high standing on the ZOP exam from Goethe.

In general, and I've posted it here before, B2 allows one to order a Doener. It is not considered "independent" and appropriate for medical studies, since there is a high level of communication skill needed. The major German one will need comes in the Oberstuefe, which is C-level. In my case, 70% of my language studies alone were spent in the Oberstuefe. You absolutely need this level because it's where the functional portions of German come from that one will need all the time. Even at that point, one will still not be prepared for medical school and in my case, the first 7 weeks were decisive and horrid, while I brought myself up to speed, a process that continues.

Schools reserve everything on a case by case basis, and it completely depends on what they will take you at. If you can't make it through an interview, then even if you do well on a written test, you might not get in because you can't express yourself. Some schools might allow students to get by with B2, but they will be in no way prepared for many aspects, including oral exams and the oral portion of the Physikum. Some students have high levels of expression, but perhaps a lower test score in the B2 range. They might make it in after proving themselves in an interview.

Again, don't shoot for a minimum of German, since it will not help you to do so. You have to learn the best possible German you can because you only have one chance to study medicine in Germany.

Can you give me a link for this Doener please?

Hi! I applied to some german medical schools to enter this october..i gave in my papers about two or three weeks ago. I was just wondering approximately how long it takes to get a reply back? Do they only inform you if youre accepted? Thanks!

Hey Guys!
I'm new here, being german and studying medicine at the University of Marburg.

What I can tell you from my experience is, especially in east germany people will offend you due to your race (particularly asians). that's their history. over there we have well equiped new medschools (built or renovated in the last 15 years) with good teaching. even living costs are lower in the east.

for the rest of germany, our most popular universities are hannover, heidelberg/mannheim (offers US degree), freiburg and münster.
also very popular are cologne, munich, bonn, duesseldorf, bochum, hamburg, tübingen, erlangen, frankfort, mainz....I recommend the "Zeit Hochschulranking"
some universities have a modularised system, most unis have the traditional system...

my experience concearning international students at my course was that most of them had difficulties with the understanding of language or professors asked them harder questions in oral exams. generally the unfair treatment of students is common, but if professors treat german students bad, they will treat internationals worse.
i recommend to socialise with local students, maybe form studygroups.

because marburg is so overcrowded (500 students for the first semester) the teaching is not the best, their capacity is for no more than 120-150 students. i would not recommend going there.

excuse my personal opinion.

hallo , i am medical student in egypt , and i got clinical rotation for one month in heidelberg medical school , can you help me how can i get housing for this month ? any official site or link .

Best Regards

Amazing. It's as if I never wrote a long post on what the process is all about and as if the search doesn't work and as if some of that info wasn't already answered in this very thread. It's almost as if people just register and pull the most available thread up on the first page and just tack their question onto it and expect the flow of information to go right into their hands. This is partly the reason why most people who were great contributors leave. The wealth of information is on a decline as it becomes outdated, and the questions are largely the same, over and over, going back years.

Hey, I know it's been more than 2 years since you posted this, but can you try to gimme a link to that post? :)

Hi, thanks for the information, I have been studying german for 5 years, I want to study medicine in Germany but would like to fully dominate the language first. After graduation I would like to learn german in Germany, do you have any suggestions of where to do that??

Hi,
although the topic is old, this could be interesting for someone.
I'm studying at the Charite in Berlin. Since one year they offer every year a course for 18 people, in which the teaching language is english.
However, you still need the german language, because you have to talk in german with the patients and the official exams are in german.
In his self-image, the Charite is one of the best universities in Germany, but in rankings it's in the midfield. The Charite is one of the biggest hospitals in Germany, you can do all kinds of research there. (In the research ranking this year, Charite was on top) The quality of teaching can't be that bad. A lot of students here take the USMLE exams during our study and most people I know achieved a high grade.
Furthermore we have a leftist party in the administration, so there are still no fees. If you have further questions, I'll try to answer them.
Most important for myself, Berlin is a good city for party life.[/QUOTE

How and where can I find more information about this program taught in English at Charite???