Any good online Organic Chemistry courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kentobari

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning all.

I was hoping to hear if anyone has had any good experiences with taking Organic Chemistry (both I and II) online through distance learning?

I am living abroad on my second Peace Corps assignment in Guatemala and taking the courses stateside is not an option at the moment.

I appreciate any and all helpful comments, though I'm more interested in hearing from people who have taken these courses online.

Thanks so much!

Sam

Members don't see this ad.

Good morning all.

I was hoping to hear if anyone has had any good experiences with taking Organic Chemistry (both I and II) online through distance learning?

I am living abroad on my second Peace Corps assignment in Guatemala and taking the courses stateside is not an option at the moment.

I appreciate any and all helpful comments, though I'm more interested in hearing from people who have taken these courses online.

Thanks so much!

Sam

Try opencourseware! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning all.

Thanks so much!

Sam
A lot of schools require a lab component, which is obviously not possible online

I am just about to write the final exam for Organic Chemistry I by UNE online. It is a great course and I learned a lot. It is 4 credits and you can take it with or without the lab. The lab uses a CD that you have to buy through their bookstore. It isn't available elsewhere. I am going to put my copy up for sale soon.

I will be taking more courses through UNECOM because they are good quality and accepted by a lot of DO schools.

Thank you, victoriah, for the thoughtful response. I will also likely be aiming for DO schools.

Can you tell me in your experience how necessary the listed textbook is? I have another organic chemistry textbook and some other study materials I could use from auditing the course previously. Since it would be very expensive to ship textbooks overseas I would prefer not to purchase the hard copies of the materials for this course unless, for example, there were homework assigned from it.

Any more info you could give me about the course would be very welcome :). Thanks again.

Last edited:
Glad I saw this post I was wondering about the class from UNE

Sorry for the bump in this thread, but is OChem 2 offered online? I've already taken the lab in university, but want to improve my grade.

can anyone help with this?

I have the lab component already, but looking for an online course for Ochem2?

Would the UNE program suffice as a premed requirement?