Any good smartphone App for differential diagnosis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitalsdoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys for students starting rotations(who are currently studying for ck and have 0% experience with CS), is there a good smartphone app for differential diagnosis? That way before presenting to the attending, one can quickly click on the appropriate sx and find out/confirm the differentials? Ideally free apps but not a problem if they're not free.

Members don't see this ad.

Diagnosaurus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
If there was an app that could diagnose we would all be out of a job

Members don't see this ad :)
I would seriously consider skipping the app because relying on technology could hurt you in the future. For example, a simple thing like a GPS is great when you visit a place you are unfamiliar with. But something happens to your brain when you rely on it. You lose your sense of direction. You don't see the landmarks around you. One day, when you try to find something on your own, you are surprised to find that you can't do it. Developing a broad differential comes with time, experience... and a considerable amount of thought. If you rely on the app, when you really need to use your brain, it wont be there for you.

Reactions: 3 users
As a student apps are a good way to jog your memory when trying to think of the DDx. It's no different than looking them up in a book. Eventually, you ned to wean off the books and apps but as a neophyte, I feel they are appropriate to a point.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited: