Any hope for the waitlisted!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optdest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was put on the Alternate list at UIWRSO. Has anyone been on the list and ultimately accepted? Trying to figure out where to go from here. I went down for an interiew and thought I had it in the bag, it went extremely well, but they put me on the list and said I could improve my OAT score (290). Is there any hope for the waitlisted!?

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on the Alternate list at UIWRSO. Has anyone been on the list and ultimately accepted? Trying to figure out where to go from here. I went down for an interiew and thought I had it in the bag, it went extremely well, but they put me on the list and said I could improve my OAT score (290). Is there any hope for the waitlisted!?

Hey @optdest ! I'm in the same boat as you :( except I was put on the waitlist for ICO and PCO and haven't even gotten an invitation from UIWRSO to interview. At this point I think we just have to wait and see. Maybe send a letter of intent in? I feel like no matter what we do to strengthen our application, if you don't have above a 300 OAT, no school wants you. I'm also trying to figure out what to do now since it's getting later in the application cycle and I'm a reapplicant as well. Stay positive and hope for the best!

if the school tells you to improve your OAT score.. wouldn't you try that first?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you guys think it is appropriate to give up hope on waitlist/hold statuses? I have an acceptance, however if I get off "hold" from places that are closer to home I would love to attend closer to home. When is a suitable time to start looking for places to live and to give up hope on the hold?

I'd say april/may/june if it's in a place where it's not terribly hard to find housing. But i wouldn't sign the lease until you know for sure you're not on hold anymore.

Reactions: 1 user