Any hygienist applying to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rdhdds15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for dental hygienist applying. Let's share our stats and GPa. good luck!!

I have a
3.45 non science
3.42 science
Pat 17
18AA
20ts

NYC resident

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't see a thread for dental hygienist applying. Let's share our stats and GPa. good luck!!

I have a
3.45 non science
3.42 science
Pat 17
18AA
20ts

NYC resident
RDH here applying as well. Which schools have you applied to? Any interviews yet? Did you go to hygiene school in New York?? I did!
Stats:
3.77 cGPA
3.80 sGPA
19 PAT
19 AA
20 TS
Maryland resident.

Best of luck to you fellow RDH!

RDH here applying as well. Which schools have you applied to? Any interviews yet? Did you go to hygiene school in New York?? I did!
Stats:
3.77 cGPA
3.80 sGPA
19 PAT
19 AA
20 TS
Maryland resident.

Best of luck to you fellow RDH!
Yes I did. No interviews yet I e-submitted 8-21 mail out was 9/5. Any luck with you? Ps what school and what year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did. No interviews yet I e-submitted 8-21 mail out was 9/5. Any luck with you? Ps what school and what year?
Hey Rdhdds15, PM me and I will give you more info.

I'm an RDH as well! I'm from Florida, graduated from Miami Dade last year. I've applied to Nova, LECOM, NYU, BU, and UT for 2015 admittance.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an RDH as well! I'm from Florida, graduated from Miami Dade last year. I've applied to Nova, LECOM, NYU, BU, and UT for 2015 admittance.
Wow, look at those DAT scores! Incredible!

I have a
3.6 non science
3.3 science

Went to the University of Michigan Dental Hygiene program. Have not yet received an Interview planning on retaking the DAT this OCT.

I applied to a total of 7 schools as well CaseW, NYU, UofM, UDM, MW(Illinois), UB, & TUFTS

Last edited:
YAY HYGIENISTS!!!

Canadian DH here! Good luck everyone.

Yes, good luck to my fellow hygienist! If anyone has question please feel free to contact me :)

Fellow hygienists, how the hell do you protect your hearing from that deafening cavitron machine's sound?
While shadowing my dentist, I saw RDH doing lots of cleaning with cavitron and they were quite loud and I had to step back just to avoid the high pitch noise.

Should you wear ear muffs or something ?
This is a serious question.

Maybe the setting was very high. I never really had an issue with the cavitron's noise. The biosonic also makes a similar noise did you take note if that bothered you, too? I guess I'm immune!! @2THDDS

Maybe the setting was very high. I never really had an issue with the cavitron's noise. The biosonic also makes a similar noise did you take note if that bothered you, too? I guess I'm immune!! @2THDDS

They change the setting time to time, but it almost always bothered me. I hope it doesn't damage your hearing. I don't think my dentist's office had biosonic.

They change the setting time to time, but it almost always bothered me. I hope it doesn't damage your hearing. I don't think my dentist's office had biosonic.
Typically all offices have a biosonic which they run soiled instruments through for a specified time PRIOR to bagging those instruments for heat sterilization.
As for the cavitron's noise, I think you'll get used to it. It's the instrument sharpening that I still have trouble with!

Typically all offices have a biosonic which they run soiled instruments through for a specified time PRIOR to bagging those instruments for heat sterilization.
As for the cavitron's noise, I think you'll get used to it. It's the instrument sharpening that I still have trouble with!

oh that's biosonic, i think I'v seen it. that doesn't bother much.
I can get used to the cavitron sound, but what I ddin't want happen was to damage my hearing by being constantly exposed to the harsh sound.

Maybe i am overreacting.

oh that's biosonic, i think I'v seen it. that doesn't bother much.
I can get used to the cavitron sound, but what I ddin't want happen was to damage my hearing by being constantly exposed to the harsh sound.

Maybe i am overreacting.
So you had me left with curiosity and thus, google awaited.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12592917
I think we will all hear for another day! ;)