Any idea when Ortho interview invites might begin? Already perhaps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lodestar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have been figuring around 10/1 (?).

Also, I strongly urge anyone approaching residency interviews to see the excellent thread, "Ask the Residency Coordinator"...she has some excellent advice there.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ask-the-program-coordinator.1107601/#post-15919066

Ortho is much later than the majority of specialties. Check out orthogate there is an invite thread similar to the ones on here for other specialties. I think the earliest ones were the 2nd week of October. I got my first one around the 20th of October and the other sub i's I was with at the time hadn't gotten one yet. They'll come in through nov and December even into January

Thanks so much for your detailed, clear, salient response.

Good news for us here-- first invite from a quality program came on 10/6! Also got 1 outright rejection the day before from a program which apparently hires (based on their current resident profiles) only among those with a sub-regional presence (either college or medical school IS or contiguous state).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for your detailed, clear, salient response.

Good news for us here-- first invite from a quality program came on 10/6! Also got 1 outright rejection the day before from a program which apparently hires (based on their current resident profiles) only among those with a sub-regional presence (either college or medical school IS or contiguous state).
Which program is this?

FWIW, it was Indiana which apparently sent out a barrage of declines/rejections around 10/5. I deduce that by a number of postings on Orthogate.org. ALL of their current residents have a decidedly sub-regional presence, which is fine...it is likely simply part of their defined mission.

I did ascertain that most Ortho invites and declines roll in during November for interviews in December and January...it is curious how their process devolved to be WELL LATER than some others, even some also highly competitive like Derm, ENT, etc.