any ideas???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsuhockeyplayer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this forum. I am a 2nd year applicant w/ a 3.7 GPA and a 25 on the MCAT (not the greatest I know w/ the MCAT). Last year I had interviews at LSU New Orleans and LSU Shreveport. Both of which let me sit on the acceptable list until the end of July and August 1st, respectively. This year I have only had an interview w/ New Orleans and I am, frustratingly, sitting again on the acceptable list. I am trying to figure out if there is any thing constructive that I could be doing to help my self out for THIS year. Currently I am studying for the MCAT in august, but that does me no good this year. I am really in dismay of the thought of getting so close YET AGIAN and getting rejected just to sit around for another year. Does any one have any suggestions???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No Advice here. Just wondering if you went to ISU (Iowa State University).

I would have my head stuck in an MCAT test prep book right now if I was you. You need to bang out a good score this August. Have you spent much time in the MCAT forum? Find a good set of books and pour your soul into them. Hit your deficiency!

Members don't see this ad :)
No I went to Louisiana State University. And no I have not posted any thing on the MCAT forum.

hp, I can definitely relate to NO ACTION at LSU. I hope we are both accepted soon. The committee meeting might've been today or may be sometime next week! Regarding this year, I don't know how receptive New Orleans is to letters of intent, but that can sometimes be a viable option. Other than that...my favorites are hope and pray. Perhaps having one of their alumni call on your behalf could also help.

Last time...did you meet with one of the deans to review your file?

Join the Club!

Yea I met w/ Dr. McClugage. He told me that all I really needed to do was find a job; take a couple of classes, and maybe some more volunteer work. I have done all of these and well I find myself in the same position. The most frustrating thing is he told me the main reason why I didn't get in last year was because I was nervous during my interview. Probably the lamest excuse I think I have ever heard.

Bye the way good luck to you as well. Hopefully I will see you in august.

lsuhockeyplayer said:
Hey guys I am new to this forum. I am a 2nd year applicant w/ a 3.7 GPA and a 25 on the MCAT (not the greatest I know w/ the MCAT). Last year I had interviews at LSU New Orleans and LSU Shreveport. Both of which let me sit on the acceptable list until the end of July and August 1st, respectively. This year I have only had an interview w/ New Orleans and I am, frustratingly, sitting again on the acceptable list. I am trying to figure out if there is any thing constructive that I could be doing to help my self out for THIS year. Currently I am studying for the MCAT in august, but that does me no good this year. I am really in dismay of the thought of getting so close YET AGIAN and getting rejected just to sit around for another year. Does any one have any suggestions???

Thanks
you can apply to a combo of MD/DO schools. the august mcat doesn't put you at a huge disadvantage if you have all amcas/aacomas stuff filled out and you are only waiting for mcat scores.

good luck

FutureDocDO said:
No Advice here. Just wondering if you went to ISU (Iowa State University).
ISU SUCKS...GO HAWKEYES. just kidding anyway i grew up in Ames so i really have no love for the cyclones after growing up there, the town sucks. but that's just my opinion.