Any information on these residency programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteocat15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Beginning to work on my potential residency program list for the upcoming interview season and match. DO student. COMLEX only. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the programs below. I've searched their websites and read through the forums but I was wondering if any of you interviewed, rotated, or went to these programs and had a little more first-hand knowledge of them. Geographic location is a very important factor for me as I have a family and am a non-traditional student so my list is kind of short and perhaps too big a gamble?

East Tennessee State University
University of Kentucky
University of Louisville
University of Tennessee

Members don't see this ad.

Hi osteocat--

I am one of the Chief Residents at University Of Louisville. We are in the process of updating our website right now and will have it more current in the coming days.

Louisville is a midsized program, nine residents in each class. We have several training sites, three dedicated inpatient settings with a brand new psychiatry unit at University of Louisville opening spring 2016. If you have specific questions about training I can give you my take on things and the interview process, as I looked elsewhere before deciding to settle in Louisville. Please ask in this thread so others can see my response as well.

As far as the city goes, that is really a major selling point. Louisville is rapidly expanding, (just announced by Mayors office that we may be the next GoogleFiber city!) with a terrific arts and culture scene. There are a tremendous amount of restaurants here, with new ones opening frequently. The cost of living is very reasonable, and many of our residents buy homes. You can find an area of town to fit your personality, from rural setting to downtown loft style apartments. Louisville is centrally located, allowing for day trips to Nashville, weekends in Chicago, etc. Plus, our airport services Southwest so easy flights to elsewhere. UPS has their shipping hub here, so that means that flight delays are rare--UPS needs to keep those planes going!

It's funny, whenever I'm in other cities now(used to live in Boston, DC, Denver area) I think how good I have it in Louisville. I think we often get overlooked as a city, but that is starting to change. It's really an exciting time to be here, and the city has changed much over the last several years. I'm really looking forward to what is coming.

(deleted)

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. Glad to hear the info on the programs. I look forward to the upcoming application cycle.