Any international dentists here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

targetpeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an Intl dentist with a 3.9+ GPA. Some pediatric research during and after dental school. Top 5 in class. I am done with NBDE part 1 and 2. What are my chances realistically in applying and getting into a pediatric program when compared to US dentists?

Has anyone here applied and gotten into a pediatric program with an international dental degree? I would be so so so so grateful if you help me a bit in this. PASS/Match and all these processes are a bit overwhelming. Where do I begin?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, I am an Intl dentist with a 3.9+ GPA. Some pediatric research during and after dental school. Top 5 in class. What are my chances realistically in applying and getting into a pediatric program when compared to US dentists?

Has anyone here applied and gotten into a pediatric program with an international dental degree? I would be so so so so grateful if you help me a bit in this. PASS/Match and all these processes are a bit overwhelming. Where do I begin?

Thank you so much!

try posting this in the international forum ..
where are you from ?

Hi, I am an Intl dentist with a 3.9+ GPA. Some pediatric research during and after dental school. Top 5 in class. What are my chances realistically in applying and getting into a pediatric program when compared to US dentists?

Thank you so much!

Take the national boards.. NBDE part 1 and 2. Then you'll have more chances,.. Otherwise try AEGD programs or do research of the schools that don ask for NBDE. Not easy but not imposssible

Members don't see this ad :)
try posting this in the international forum ..
where are you from ?

I am from India. The international forum seems to be focussed on DDS. I don't want to start a private practice or anything. I just want to do post graduate.

Take the national boards.. NBDE part 1 and 2. Then you'll have more chances,.. Otherwise try AEGD programs or do research of the schools that don ask for NBDE. Not easy but not imposssible

I am done with Part 1 and 2.

It's almost impossible to get into pediatric dentistry without doing DDS or AEGD from US. I am telling you from my personal experience. Good luck though. :)

It's almost impossible to get into pediatric dentistry without doing DDS or AEGD from US. I am telling you from my personal experience. Good luck though. :)

Thats too bad. Were you interviewed anywhere? Did they give any reason for not preferring Intl dentists?

Well, I learnt that quickly.. So did DMD and then got into a pedo program.
I believe that's the way to go unless you get super lucky :)