ANY INTJ IN NEUROLOGY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as an INTJ do you regret having neurology as a medical specialty?

• YES, I regret.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

idoctor1986

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused trying to choose a medical specialty and I'm seriously considering Neurology.

I want to know if there are currently any attending or resident INTJs out there in Neurology. If so, please let me know:

1. Do you like it or do you wish you did something else. any regrets choosing Neurology?
2. What aspect about it do you like, and dislike? Yours job satisfaction ?
3. Would you recommend Neurology to INTJs?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
INTJ is one of the 16 personalities of the MTBI classification based on Carl Jung's work on personalities.

it surprises me that few of the neurologists are INTJ.

Well. I'm still waiting to get into medical school but I'm an INTJ aspiring to be a Neurologist. So there's always that.

Dude, don't base your career off this. The Myers-Briggs is not accurate at all and is more pop-science than anything else.

I am an ENTP, and I find that the profile of an ENTP really highlights my strengths as well as my weaknesses! These personality tests are pretty cool for some people. I don't think they should contribute to deciding a specific specialty but may inform certain career paths or practice settings within neurology.

"ENTPs are less interested in developing plans of actions or making decisions than they are in generating possibilities and ideas. Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start. The ENTP who has not developed their Thinking process will have problems with jumping enthusiastically from idea to idea, without following through on their plans."

That sums up many of my research endeavors lol

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTP.html

Dude, I'm a Virgo, and this totally gets me too (from astrology.com):

A person from your past may make a surprise appearance today, and you have no reason not to welcome them with open arms. No matter how weird things got between the two of you, right now this person is on your side and eager to help you get stuff done. Their ideas could push your already healthy ambition to a new level of robustness. You are ready for action and they have a plan -- so listen to it! This might be harder than it sounds, so take your time and move cautiously.

The crazy thing is, my mom called, so it totally fits! Spooky.

Anyway, that's why I'm happy as a neurologist. At least, when Saturn is ascending.

Point taken ;)

That being said, I actually do think that these personality profiles have some merit. You can find out your "type" by doing free online testing (the good ones of which are pretty in-depth)

Point taken ;)

That being said, I actually do think that these personality profiles have some merit. You can find out your "type" by doing free online testing (the good ones of which are pretty in-depth)

Personality types like these are always bogus. Because they are self-select people always pick what they want to be or what they think they are, not what they actually are. The accuracy of a test like this depends on a person's ability to be 100% objective about themselves which is impossible. Go to the wiki for MBTI and read the criticisms. Most real psychologists think they are a joke.