Any Med-School students willing to come visit pre-health club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

me16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a part of a pre-health organization in the north Texas area and we would really love to have Med school students come speak at any of our meetings. I've tried around again and again but it's really hard to find a random med student walking the streets. Any help??

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you contact med student organizations for schools near you?

Reactions: 1 user
I honestly never knew about those, thats a great idea! So i just contact the orgs (I'm assuming their info will be on the school website) and they'll connect me with avaliable students? Do they do that?

Members don't see this ad :)
You would probably get more comments if you posted on the med student section of these forums. Most of us in here parts aren't medical students yet. Even then, I would say that the chances of finding a medical student to visit you would be slim. For instance, a student in Virginia probably isn't going to trek over to Northern Texas. Do you have any nearby medical schools? Offer them a nice meal and transportation fees. Medical students don't seem to have a lot of time, so if there isn't a source of them nearby, I would say the odds of finding one are decently low. Why don't you try a videochat or conference call with them? Almost as good as having them in the room.

I'm a part of a pre-health organization in the north Texas area and we would really love to have Med school students come speak at any of our meetings. I've tried around again and again but it's really hard to find a random med student walking the streets. Any help??

Your best bet would be contacting TCOM and UT-Southwestern and explaining your problem and your needs.

Try getting in contact with their student governments, they sometimes can set up mentoring opportunities and such as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.