Any Medical Lab Science students out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone with a degree in Medical Lab Science out there (or in the process of getting one)? If so, is it a good premedical major? Do you feel competitive against your peers? Would you recommend it?

Members don't see this ad.

Tell us more about it... I've never heard of such a major.
It's basically a health related major that is a bit more technical than nursing. You take regular college classes such as Biology, and the other premedical courses. Plus you take health related courses such as Physiology, and Phlebotomy (just to name a couple). In addition, you begin working in a hospital first year. You learn the basics such as giving shots and CPR. Generally fourth year students will do a for credit internship in their last semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its basically training you to be a lab tech/ technologist. Although it wouldnt prevent you from trying, its not a competitive major for applying to medical school.

Hello guys I'm a lebanese student , currently senior year of highschool and I'm finalizing my decision for my major . So I'm interested in MLS , and I would like some help from you guys just please tell me everything you know about this major and advices , I'm gonna be studying at an American University just for the record i will leave some questions too .

1) Is it enjoyable ?
2) Will I have a social life or will I be buried under my books all my semesters ?
3) I really don't want a demanding job , just a sustainable one , the lebanese high school system is very hard , just junior year made me suffer so much because we really have to study like hell , so Im looking for a relaxing major , because i really had enough , what can you say about MLS in this case ?
4) I'm very good in chemistry good enough in biology , very well in physics and not bad at all with maths , just to give you an idea . My current highschool average is 12-13 ( reminder , lebanese system is harsh as hell and my school is very strict and demanding)

All other information is highly appreciated

Hello guys I'm a lebanese student , currently senior year of highschool and I'm finalizing my decision for my major . So I'm interested in MLS , and I would like some help from you guys just please tell me everything you know about this major and advices , I'm gonna be studying at an American University just for the record i will leave some questions too .

1) Is it enjoyable ?
2) Will I have a social life or will I be buried under my books all my semesters ?
3) I really don't want a demanding job , just a sustainable one , the lebanese high school system is very hard , just junior year made me suffer so much because we really have to study like hell , so Im looking for a relaxing major , because i really had enough , what can you say about MLS in this case ?
4) I'm very good in chemistry good enough in biology , very well in physics and not bad at all with maths , just to give you an idea . My current highschool average is 12-13 ( reminder , lebanese system is harsh as hell and my school is very strict and demanding)

All other information is highly appreciated
1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Subjective
4. This isn't a question.

Your performance depends on your skills. No major will be more or less difficult than the other inherently, it simply depends on the type of student you are.

1. Subjective
2. Subjective
3. Subjective
4. This isn't a question.

Your performance depends on your skills. No major will be more or less difficult than the other inherently, it simply depends on the type of student you are.
Hmm , I see your point , you see I am a good student im not a slack off or anything , Im not asking for all easy things , I like science and I like studying to a certain limit not spending my whole day just studying .

Thank you :)