any new nycom info??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eanisis78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone get any new nycom info?? acceptances, rejections,interviews??
i haven't heard someone getting an acceptance recently!!!
also does anyone know if they have a minimum grade requirement for one class. i got a D in one class

Members don't see this ad.

There was an adcom around mid December. Adcom was supposed to meet this past week. That is the reason for such little activity.

was the D in a pre-req?

eanisis78 said:
also does anyone know if they have a minimum grade requirement for one class. i got a D in one class

HunterGatherer said:
There was an adcom around mid December. Adcom was supposed to meet this past week. That is the reason for such little activity.

was the D in a pre-req?

I just got in yesterday! sooooo hold on, news is comin'!

Members don't see this ad :)
eanisis78 said:

Don't worry about the D, if it was a big deal to them they wouldn't have interviewed you

I'd say the D doesn't matter since they gave you an interview. i reapplied this year (and got in!) after retaking a class in which i had received a D. they told me after being rejected last year that i could not get an interview with a D. i retook the class, got a B+, and got accepted this year. it probably depends on the course also. I'm sure you'll do well because the fact that you got an interview means that your grades and numbers are not a problem (my interviewer told me this at one point when i was defending my academic performance...). good luck!

Are they done giving out inteviews?

they are absolutely still interviewing.. at least till may.
by the way has anyone heard of anyone rejected from NYCOM.
i need to start meditating or something to achieve some level of patience here!!

someone posted that during interviews they were told that those who are rejected do not receive a letter at all. This questions seems to pop up about NYCOM with each interview season. It seems like they just leave a lot of people hanging.

HunterGatherer said:
someone posted that during interviews they were told that those who are rejected do not receive a letter at all. This questions seems to pop up about NYCOM with each interview season. It seems like they just leave a lot of people hanging.

Ms. Croot, who happen to be cute, told me that they only send out accept or reject letters right now. Waitlists arn't sent out till later.

I wonder if shes married? ;)

USArmyDoc said:
Ms. Croot, who happen to be cute, told me that they only send out accept or reject letters right now. Waitlists arn't sent out till later.

I wonder if shes married? ;)

I remeber when I recieved an e-mail from her I pictured her to be some old woman with gray hair and when I was waiting to check in for the interview I peaked in her office to see who she was and I was like...damn!!! :laugh:

has anyone heard of a rejection from NYCOM?
any new acceptances//??

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me the name of the director of admissions at NYCOM...is it still Michael Schaffer??

NUKid

I thought the director was Ms. Croot....I hope its not Mrs. Croot!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
HunterGatherer said:
From what I knew:

Rodika Zaika - Director of Admissions
Taryn Croot - Associate Director of Admissions

You are right Hunter....I looked on my letter. Sorry about the confussion.

Rumor has it, those interviewed at NYCOM are almost in, other schools use the interview as another judging method, but i have heard that at NYCOM it is more to confirm you fit in and show you around. After the interview, i heard 90% get in, 5% rejected, and 5% dont hear anything till may when they are told they are on the waiting list, or they never hear. Has someone this year been rejected? Please say so, or else it may be it is safe to assume you can't be rejected if interviewed?

Timbo0984 said:
Rumor has it, those interviewed at NYCOM are almost in, other schools use the interview as another judging method, but i have heard that at NYCOM it is more to confirm you fit in and show you around. After the interview, i heard 90% get in, 5% rejected, and 5% dont hear anything till may when they are told they are on the waiting list, or they never hear. Has someone this year been rejected? Please say so, or else it may be it is safe to assume you can't be rejected if interviewed?

You can be rejected. However, it is probably way to early for them to start rejecting large numbers of interviewees. Also to keep in mind, the whole pre-med population is not representated on SDN. Good luck

so, it nycom is not in the habbit of early rejections why does it take them so long to send a response.

No one said there isn't a chance of being rejected. First off, I was told directly by Ms. Croot that the ONLY two letters being sent out are rejection letters and acceptances. If you are waitlisted, you will niot hear for a while. If you have been waiting greater than a month, it would probably be smart to give NYCOM a ring.

i know i'm just being a baby b/c i hate waiting.
i'm studying for the april mcat, so it would be really nice not to take it!!!
and b/c i thought my interview went well li'm losing incentive to study properly if you know what i mean ;)
i'm just a general underachiever i guess :p

eanisis78 said:
and b/c i thought my interview went well li'm losing incentive to study properly if you know what i mean ;)

If you felt your interview went well I bet you are in. Like everyone else said, if you interview this early and don't absolutely BOMB it you are sitting nice for an acceptance. When did you interview? I am pulling for you!!

eanisis78 said:

I thought NYCOM was my worst interview, and I still got in. So I'd relax, and definitely give them a ring. Several people have said they found out over the phone.

i interviewed on 1/5 with dr. may.
when did you interview and when did you both hear?
are you going to nycom???
i thought it went well....
so when do you think i should call or start to panic.
i'm sitting here now doing bio for the mcat thinking i could so be enjoying the day had i gotten in.
thanks so much for all your support.

eanisis78,

based on your PM you could give a call by Thursday if you don't hear anything. This way you may get some peace of mind and not have to worry about prepping for the MCAT.

Ask them when you should get something in the mail so I don't have to call too :thumbup:

eanisis78 said:
i'm sitting here now doing bio for the mcat thinking i could so be enjoying the day had i gotten in.

eanisis78 said:

I interviewed 11/30 and got my acceptance 12/24 (dated 12/20). I think it took a while to arrive because of holiday mail though. So it was about 3 weeks turnaround.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We have figured out whY eanisis78 has not heard back from nycom yet. Having interview 1/5, this upcoming Thursday, the 26 marks the 3 week minimum nycom gives interviewees to receive a letter. Finding out sooner would be an anomaly. So say a letter is sent Thursday, by Monday we shall all know if eanisis78 was accepted to nycom and we can all sleep better at night.

Eanisis78, I wish you the best of luck, you know I am just messing around, you'll def get in and be a kick ass DO, just hang in there. Good luck!

Hey Guys! I just wanted to say that I got an Interview at NYCOM! The letter came on 1/14 and my interview is 1/26 in the morning session!! I'm psyched! Any advice?? I'll let you guys know how it goes!!!!!!!! Good luck on getting those acceptances! :D

JasonUD said:
Hey Guys! I just wanted to say that I got an Interview at NYCOM! The letter came on 1/14 and my interview is 1/26 in the morning session!! I'm psyched! Any advice?? I'll let you guys know how it goes!!!!!!!! Good luck on getting those acceptances! :D
I will be there also :luck:

JasonUD said:

be prepared to wait, they sit you down and call you two by two (two interviewers working at the same time). I would also suggest being aware of current events.

read SDN interview feedback. Interviews at NYCOM are nothing to get stressed out about though.

Don't forget to ask when was the last adcom meeting and when is the next one. :thumbup: :D

JasonUD said:

HunterGatherer said:
read SDN interview feedback. Interviews at NYCOM are nothing to get stressed out about though.

Don't forget to ask when was the last adcom meeting and when is the next one. :thumbup: :D
You got it.

hey
i am just anxious timbo!!!!!!!
now i'm not gonna tell ya either way :eek:

I just received my nycom acceptance letter!

I interviewed on 1/11/2006.

Woohoo! Congrats!

I figured today to be the day. I did not get anything in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow. I appreciate the update.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

:thumbup:

jellibelli said:
I just received my nycom acceptance letter!

I interviewed on 1/11/2006.

HunterGatherer said:
Woohoo! Congrats!

I figured today to be the day. I did not get anything in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow. I appreciate the update.

I will be dissappointed if you did not get accepted.
you love NYCOM.
Good luck

HunterGatherer said:
I have not decided on NYCOM or UMDNJ. I think both are great schools. Thanks for your wishes though. :D

Hunter,
When did you interview? I was told the adcom meets around the 15th and 30th of every month...

jmv10 said:
I'd say the D doesn't matter since they gave you an interview. i reapplied this year (and got in!) after retaking a class in which i had received a D. they told me after being rejected last year that i could not get an interview with a D. i retook the class, got a B+, and got accepted this year. it probably depends on the course also. I'm sure you'll do well because the fact that you got an interview means that your grades and numbers are not a problem (my interviewer told me this at one point when i was defending my academic performance...). good luck!

What was your MCAT scores, if you don't mind me asking?

HunterGatherer said:

Next adcom meeting is next week according to JasonUD. Nice meeting ya Jason. Best of luck!

congrats on your acceptance!
i am sooooooo jealous!!! your obvioulsy wowed them!!
where are you from? is nycom your first choice..
and for everyone who intervewed today, how did it go???

PlasticMan said:
Next adcom meeting is next week according to JasonUD. Nice meeting ya Jason. Best of luck!
Yup they said next week sometime for the next adcom. (I know this is redundant from PlasticMan but I just felt like posting, too!!)

Good luck everyone that interview today!

Hunter,
What was your MCAT, GPA, BCP, Interview impression.......Jan 4th and no news yet is quiet concerning......what state do you live in? Let us know.