Any news from Michigan-AnnArbor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Approximately three days ago my status at the Wolverine webpage changed to the following:

"A decision has been made. Your program of application will inform you of the decision."

But I haven't received any letters/e-mails/phone calls from the Department of Psychology since. If there is anyone out there who's already got their acceptance/rejections, would you let me know? I searched the forum for any signs of any interviews/decisions were made at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, but could not find any information.

Hope to hear from you guys.
Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You have to search for "UMich" in the Interviews thread. They've apparently started giving out invitations starting last week for interviews on Feb 17th. Since this is coming up soon, I'm guessing if you haven't heard by next week, you're not invited.

Umich invites admitted students to a recruitment weekend in early March. (see the FAQ page) They don't interview.

I have been working late, so I haven't been able to log onto the Wolverine page for a couple days, but now I am curious. Last time I was on, it was the same. (Although mine has never shown any status.) Did yours say complete or something? It was rumored that they were notifying this upcoming week.

Your comments are interesting to me because the Rackham page says the program of study should notify first, then your status will change.

Are you applying to clinical?

Members don't see this ad :)
lia792 said:
Umich invites admitted students to a recruitment weekend in early March. (see the FAQ page) They don't interview.

I have been working late, so I haven't been able to log onto the Wolverine page for a couple days, but now I am curious. Last time I was on, it was the same. (Although mine has never shown any status.) Did yours say complete or something? It was rumored that they were notifying this upcoming week.

Your comments are interesting to me because the Rackham page says the program of study should notify first, then your status will change.

Are you applying to clinical?

Where is this Wolverine Page? (Can you send a link). I know UMich is having interviews, they may be by phone instead of in-person however.

You go to www.umich.edu, and click on the link on the bottom of the page where it says wolverine access. It is a spot for applicants to check their status.

What do you mean about interviews? Is this for clinical? As far as I know, no clinical applicants have been accepted yet. There was one social person on Princeton Review.

Minue, my status changed to the same thing, and I don't know what it means either. At first I spent the entire day assuming I was rejected, and now I am so bewildered I am dying of nervousness. I guess we will know in the next couple days. Good luck!

I am applying to a non-clinical, non-social program. I too, have seen the post at the Princeton Review forum, in which it said he/she was notified by email and phone of his/her acceptance to the program. Lucky dude.

As for me, still no response from UMich-AA yet. Hope they give out their decisions soon.

still nothing...no one else appears to have heard anything yet either.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to everyone else since I was applying to the Social Work program and not the clinical psych program. But according to the social work program, since they are a Rackham program, the Wolverine Access puts up that information but the actual acceptance/rejection information is not necessarily accurate. The only accurate information would come from the Social Work program itself.

So the fact that my Wolverine page says a decision has been made means nothing.

Finally, looks like someone's got an official letter of decision from University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Apparently, this person received a written letter of rejection from the Department of Psychology (clinical) just yesterday. Search the link below:

http://www.lavenderspice.com/gradschool.html

Mine hasn't arrived yet...

Got my rejection letter in the mail today.

It was my nicest one yet...

Tara P

RainbowTVP said:
Got my rejection letter in the mail today.

It was my nicest one yet...

Tara P
I also received my rejection letter in mail.

STILL no letter from UMich-AA yet. Could this mean I might still have a chance?
Or is it just snail mail? I'm living in California, so postal services shouldn't take this long...

Hi all--
I'm new to the site, and am glad I didn't find it earlier, or would be totally addicted! I actually heard back from Michigan via email on 2/9 and was shocked to get an interview. Now, like most of you said, their FAQ on the website says that "admitted students will be invited to Recruitment weekend in early March". 8 people have been invited to their Recruitment weekend, but there will be full interviews (and there has been no peep regarding "acceptance").

Does anyone happen to know (through inside sources or just word of mouth) what the heck this weekend is? A visitation weekend for admitted students, or interview weekend to see who gets in...?

Thanks in advance, everyone. Good luck with the rest of interviews!

mf7 said:
Hi all--
I'm new to the site, and am glad I didn't find it earlier, or would be totally addicted! I actually heard back from Michigan via email on 2/9 and was shocked to get an interview.
I'm new here also. Would you mind sharing what you think got you an inteview with U of M/Michigan? I know the acceptance rate is like 2 or 3%. I'm taking my chances (wasting time and money) to apply there next year. Or any pointers you can give for applying.

Salsybabe said:
I'm new here also. Would you mind sharing what you think got you an inteview with U of M/Michigan? I know the acceptance rate is like 2 or 3%. I'm taking my chances (wasting time and money) to apply there next year. Or any pointers you can give for applying.

I applied to UMich this year. I got a phone call from a professor saying I was on their "short list" but they wanted to know more about my research interests, since I had only discussed them briefly in my personal statement. So I spoke with the professor on the phone about my research interests. However, I did eventually receive a rejection letter. My advice is to make sure you thoroughly discuss your research interests in your personal statement.

I interviewed at UMich in a previous year, and although the interview weekend was in mid-February, here's how it went. I had a phone interview first letting me know I was on a short list, and then was invited to the interview. There were only about 8 people interviewing at that point for roughly 4 spots. The interview was on Friday, there was a Friday night party with the faculty, and then a days worth of activities, and then a Saturday night party with students. It was a lot!

Thanks for the heads up, nova falls and the description of the interview weekend, psypsypsy. Wow, was it a group interview or did you interview individually with faculty members? I wonder if I would be at a disadvantage applying to the school since it's my alma mater. I understand that some schools do not like to accept students who graduated from their university.