any one of you have graduatd from these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UNLV
University of Maryland Baltimore College of Dental Surgery
UDM detroit
U of minnesota

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
maryland...:thumbup:

i was wondering how come these 4 schools have been accrediated by ADA wit h reporting requirements compared to all other dental schools in United states. ref: www.ada.org , dental schools section.

there was a discussion going on that detroit dental progrms are unstable. just checking how true is it....

i was wondering how come these 4 schools have been accrediated by ADA wit h reporting requirements compared to all other dental schools in United states. ref: www.ada.org , dental schools section.

there was a discussion going on that detroit dental progrms are unstable. just checking how true is it....

I just graduated from UDM in May '07. The only reason why it was deemed unstable was because of the "move". The campus (where dental and hygiene are) was sold to a community college and it wasn't really clear where the school was moving to. UDM is now moving to a Hospital building this Jan 2008 and I took a look at the preliminary/computer generated images of the new clinic: it's awesome! They're on schedule, so the entering class for next year should have no "transition" issues.

WRT the specialty programs: I would have not hesitated to accept a position at UDM...I ended up going elsewhere because an earlier offer was made and because this other program was my first choice to begin with, otherwise the grad programs (ortho, endo, perio, and OS with St. John/Riverview) are all very good and the program directors are very dedicated, quality people.

I just graduated from UDM in May '07. The only reason why it was deemed unstable was because of the "move". The campus (where dental and hygiene are) was sold to a community college and it wasn't really clear where the school was moving to. UDM is now moving to a Hospital building this Jan 2008 and I took a look at the preliminary/computer generated images of the new clinic: it's awesome! They're on schedule, so the entering class for next year should have no "transition" issues.

WRT the specialty programs: I would have not hesitated to accept a position at UDM...I ended up going elsewhere because an earlier offer was made and because this other program was my first choice to begin with, otherwise the grad programs (ortho, endo, perio, and OS with St. John/Riverview) are all very good and the program directors are very dedicated, quality people.

I really appreciate the time and interest you took in responding to this post.

thanks a lot for the information and you're a life saver.

best wishes

akg

I don't have much connection with my dental school anymore, but I was there when they went through the last accredidation in 2004 and everything was reportedly fine. I'm guessing it had to do with the construciton of the new dental school which is now open and being utilized. Other things I can think of were a lot of faculty retiring in the 2004-2007 timeline causing some major changes in departments.

There haven't been any major incidents or scandals as far as I'm aware, and quite frankly, I think the new curriculum from what I heard is pretty awesome.

I don't have much connection with my dental school anymore, but I was there when they went through the last accredidation in 2004 and everything was reportedly fine. I'm guessing it had to do with the construciton of the new dental school which is now open and being utilized. Other things I can think of were a lot of faculty retiring in the 2004-2007 timeline causing some major changes in departments.

There haven't been any major incidents or scandals as far as I'm aware, and quite frankly, I think the new curriculum from what I heard is pretty awesome.

so even Maryland is under revamp like UDM detroit....

anywy thanks for the info

best wishes

I actually interviewed at Maryland: the new school looks AMAZING and I got a very good vibe overall from faculty and residents alike! Furthermore, the city is really investing a lot of money into improving its image (probably more efficiently than Detroit :))