Any opinions on this online program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbernine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm researching public health grad programs online or near me with the long term goal of working in epidemiology. I'm looking at an MS program in public health offered online by Southern New Hampshire University, I can't find any student reviews on it. Considering I live in NH and the only other programs are over an hour commute (that accept students without current employment in public health) it would save me a huge amount of time and debt and I could still work.
http://www.snhu.edu/online-degrees/masters/ms-in-public-health

But does it look way too sub par? No GRE required, not CEPH accredited, though it is a regionally accredited brick and mortar school with a decent reputation. Does it realistically appear that I would get a job with this degree?

background info: I have zero experience in public health, I've been a preschool teacher for 15 years, my undergrad is in Education, for what its worth, I've taken General Bio 1 & 2, General Chem 1 & 2, Microbiology, College Algebra, and Statistics. GPA=3.2 Am I even competitive? haven't taken the GRE yet.

Thank you so much for any advice! I have no idea what I'm doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Avoid picking a school that's not CEPH accredited. Many employers will not hire you if you have a degree from a non-accredited school.

Reactions: 1 user