Any other RPCVs out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from undergrad in 2001, then spent four years as a Peace Corps volunteer. My undergrad GPA was not great and I did not have prereqs so when I returned, I began a post-bacc program and have applied to join the class of 2012. Any other RPCVs out there? I would love to share application experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

My son, Brent, is a current PCV living in Kenya. He returned last week to interview which we are in the process of doing right now. He and I met in NYC. He interviewed at Columbia and then we went to Philly for an interview at PCOM. Right now we are in Des Moines for an interview with DMU. We return to our home in Texas and next week he interviews at TCOM in Ft. Worth. He is going to return to Kenya right before Christmas so it will be a short visit. If he is accepted he will return around March to get ready for school.

Good luck on your application process.

congrats on getting accepted to the peace corps. I think you should be pretty good as i think that's an amazing experience. I really regret not doing the corps after I graduated college

Members don't see this ad :)
My son, Brent, is a current PCV living in Kenya. He returned last week to interview which we are in the process of doing right now. He and I met in NYC. He interviewed at Columbia and then we went to Philly for an interview at PCOM. Right now we are in Des Moines for an interview with DMU. We return to our home in Texas and next week he interviews at TCOM in Ft. Worth. He is going to return to Kenya right before Christmas so it will be a short visit. If he is accepted he will return around March to get ready for school.

Good luck on your application process.

Wow, congratulations to your son for getting so many interviews!! Enjoy your time with him while he's home.

congrats on getting accepted to the peace corps. I think you should be pretty good as i think that's an amazing experience. I really regret not doing the corps after I graduated college

Superfan56,

It's never too late to join. You can do it anytime...it's the best thing I have every done. It changed my world and got me where I am today.