Any pharmacists here drive nice cars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks,

Red interior, Corsa exhaust and 19" Breyton Wheels. I splurged a little. No more new cars for me, except of course when the new M comes out :)

Nooooooo, till you get the Akra, the car isn't complete! Akra + V8 = sound sex.

My dad will be taking over my car in 3 years in time for me to get inside of the next gen M3/4. It's going to be very interesting when my dad, at his age, starts driving a heavily modded 335i to work.

By the way, you will be keeping that M3 even after the next gen one comes out right? You should. The V8 M3 is the most iconic one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This, yeah. Maintenance costs can eat you alive if you aren't careful. A friend who just graduated bought a 'used' (had I think 10k miles on it?) 2011 328i and had to replace one of the tires shortly afterwards. His face when he realized how much run-flats cost was priceless.

I don't know what you're talking about cause the stock RFT's cost next to nothing at $200. $200/tire.

I hate the RFT's on my car. It gives the harshest ride. I'm planning on getting a new set of rims/tires next spring and use my current setup just for winters.

I drive nice cars, but they are all relatively old and they are all paid for.

1998 BMW 540i sport
2001 BMW X5
1999 Land Cruiser

And my favorite of all-my 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 Extended Cab. The most practical automobile I've ever owned!

All are in pristine condition. The funny thing is that the value of my 2 BMW's is less than a new economy car. Though of course they are more expensive to maintain, but that's no problem since we live in a paid for house, no student loans, no debt at all!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I miss driving a truck. In high school my ride was a hand-me-down '92 Silverado 4x4... 5.7L V8, 200hp/300tq. Got horrible mileage even back then, but hey, gas was $0.85/gal. :laugh: I've always wanted a Lightning. Or, preferably, a Silverado SS (a proper one - which is to say, single cab, short bed, 400+hp)

silvy.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about cause the stock RFT's cost next to nothing at $200. $200/tire.

I hate the RFT's on my car. It gives the harshest ride. I'm planning on getting a new set of rims/tires next spring and use my current setup just for winters.

I hate run-flat tires.

I have a set of summer tires/rims and a set of winter tires/rims.

I drive nice cars, but they are all relatively old and they are all paid for.

1998 BMW 540i sport
2001 BMW X5
1999 Land Cruiser

And my favorite of all-my 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 Extended Cab. The most practical automobile I've ever owned!

All are in pristine condition. The funny thing is that the value of my 2 BMW's is less than a new economy car. Though of course they are more expensive to maintain, but that's no problem since we live in a paid for house, no student loans, no debt at all!:D

i like the x5, one of my favorites

Man, I miss driving a truck. In high school my ride was a hand-me-down '92 Silverado 4x4... 5.7L V8, 200hp/300tq. Got horrible mileage even back then, but hey, gas was $0.85/gal. :laugh: I've always wanted a Lightning. Or, preferably, a Silverado SS (a proper one - which is to say, single cab, short bed, 400+hp)

silvy.jpg

Syclone/Typhoon??

This is my goal, although I will never be able to afford it. :(

[youtube]8W4iZ382VqA[/youtube]

I actually know of a store pharmacist that owns one of these....he works for a big chain...think Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens etc.

2012-Ferrari-599-Standing-On-Road.jpg

I actually know of a store pharmacist that owns one of these....he works for a big chain...think Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens etc.

He must be dealing illegal drugs on the side or is a good investor. How old is he? MSRP is almost $400,000.

Members don't see this ad :)
He must be dealing illegal drugs on the side or is a good investor. How old is he? MSRP is almost $400,000.

Maybe he rather have a nice car than a big house..or he doesn't have a family to support. I calculated this once. If my father never married my mom, and me and my sister were never born, he'd probably have saved $4 million dollars assuming he lived in a nice apartment instead of a house for a mid size family. I wont go into the specifics for obvious reasons but it's just about right.

Imagine that.

But I also know a pharmacist who graduated from UoP 3-4 years ago and is now driving a Porsche Turbo S. If he can afford a $160K car, then I wouldn't be surprised, if any pharmacist puts their mind to it, why a pharmacist can't afford a $400K car. He doesn't live in very big house, but it's still nice and he has no family to support. It's about the sacrifices. Some people just have different goals in life.

Maybe he rather have a nice car than a big house..or he doesn't have a family to support. I calculated this once. If my father never married my mom, and me and my sister were never born, he'd probably have saved $4 million dollars assuming he lived in a nice apartment instead of a house for a mid size family. I wont go into the specifics for obvious reasons but it's just about right.

Imagine that.

But I also know a pharmacist who graduated from UoP 3-4 years ago and is now driving a Porsche Turbo S. If he can afford a $160K car, then I wouldn't be surprised, if any pharmacist puts their mind to it, why a pharmacist can't afford a $400K car. He doesn't live in very big house, but it's still nice and he has no family to support. It's about the sacrifices. Some people just have different goals in life.

That is just ridiculous.

So, read this morning that Mazda will discontinue the RX-8 next year, and thus also its production of rotary engines. Kind of sad, but I suppose it's hard to justify production of a car/engine that sells about 2.5k a year and doesn't command Lamborghini prices.

Would be nice if they'd drop the MS3 turbo four in it though. :smuggrin:

So, read this morning that Mazda will discontinue the RX-8 next year, and thus also its production of rotary engines. Kind of sad, but I suppose it's hard to justify production of a car/engine that sells about 2.5k a year and doesn't command Lamborghini prices.

Would be nice if they'd drop the MS3 turbo four in it though. :smuggrin:
My understanding is they were having a hard time with emission standards.

There are 2 types of Ferrari owners. Very wealthy who can pay cash for it and those who really love Ferraris. This can be said for most high end sports cars.

Last edited:

Maybe he bought a USED one? :confused: He most likely graduated with NO student loans for sure. :laugh:

The car was bought used. He did not spend close to 400k, but still a very healthy sum of money. He is not a new grad and has probably been in practice for around 10-15 years.

I dont know his living situation or even know him personally. Ive conversed with him briefly and he seemed like a cool guy and was shocked to learn we were in the same profession.

As of now I'd love to own either of these sometime after I graduate.

2012-Mercedes-Benz-CLS550-front-view.jpg

nc-2012-bmw-m5-(30).jpg

The M3 is a great car! Ive contemplated selling it, but cant really part ways yet! :)

Sell it and get a M5! ;)

I hope your pharmacy is doing well! :)

Sell it and get a M5! ;)

I hope your pharmacy is doing well! :)

But Im almost done paying off the M3. No more new cars for me! Pharmacy is doing well! Have the retail side and Long Term Care going. Immunizations coming very shortly!

The m5 you lose out a little bit on the spectacular deal that the m3 is . M5 is just another large sedan with a gigantic engine in it. Well, thats what i always thought at least. M3 is one of the best values out there in terms of what you get for your $.

It doesnt seem like its as appealing. You sacrifice the agility of the m3, but at the m5's price range, you could buy a lot nicer of a sedan if you are just looking for a 'powerful luxury sedan'. And if you are just looking for powerful you could get some thing with more raw power. The m3 just hits that sweet spot

The m5 you lose out a little bit on the spectacular deal that the m3 is . M5 is just another large sedan with a gigantic engine in it. Well, thats what i always thought at least. M3 is one of the best values out there in terms of what you get for your $.

It doesnt seem like its as appealing. You sacrifice the agility of the m3, but at the m5's price range, you could buy a lot nicer of a sedan if you are just looking for a 'powerful luxury sedan'. And if you are just looking for powerful you could get some thing with more raw power. The m3 just hits that sweet spot

Agreed. For me, the only real draw of an M5 over an E63/CTS-V/etc would by the "holey sheet V10" effect... and even that is going away in the next generation in favor of a boosted V8.

Agreed. For me, the only real draw of an M5 over an E63/CTS-V/etc would by the "holey sheet V10" effect... and even that is going away in the next generation in favor of a boosted V8.

+1

The E60 M5 with its V10 paired with an Eisenmann exhaust is the most insane combination. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCtJVbJEHZg

The F10 M5 shouldn't be underestimated but..turbos...I'll never have the chance to experience an M car with an N/A engine unless I bought used which I wouldn't really want to do.

I restored the headlights on my 10 year old Acura.

Before
p1080984w.jpg

&
After
p1080982n.jpg

Cool, yeah I don't know much about cars. LOL...

How about an M7? Is there a such a thing? I know there is a 7 series BMW but not sure if there is an M7...

Cool, yeah I don't know much about cars. LOL...

How about an M7? Is there a such a thing? I know there is a 7 series BMW but not sure if there is an M7...

No M7..1M, M3/M4 (in 4 yrs), M5 and M6. Then there's the X5M and X6M and soon X3M.

Think twice before toting around in a restored classic vehicle.

[YOUTUBE]joMK1WZjP7g[/YOUTUBE]

No M7..1M, M3/M4 (in 4 yrs), M5 and M6. Then there's the X5M and X6M and soon X3M.

Does the BMW 1 series suck? Is it expensive? I recently just heard about those. LOL...

My dream car is the Mercedes S600. I heard some people say it's super expensive to maintain though.

Does the BMW 1 series suck? Is it expensive? I recently just heard about those. LOL...

I think they're pretty cool. A 135i would be boss as hell - small, lightweight car with 300+hp? Sure. And don't even get me started on a 1 M coupe.... rawr.

Don't see a lot of them out there, though. Mostly because they're only available as a 2-door, and they're not significantly less expensive than a 3-series. So for a lot of people that have to use their car as a general purpose people mover, they're not really ideal when you can throw down another few thousand and get a 328i.

I think they're pretty cool. A 135i would be boss as hell - small, lightweight car with 300+hp? Sure. And don't even get me started on a 1 M coupe.... rawr.

Don't see a lot of them out there, though. Mostly because they're only available as a 2-door, and they're not significantly less expensive than a 3-series. So for a lot of people that have to use their car as a general purpose people mover, they're not really ideal when you can throw down another few thousand and get a 328i.

Wow. Thanks for the information. :) Overall, german made cars are all very good. :thumbup:

Shouldn't we be looking at newer ones that are coming out? By the time we graduate and start jobs, and then save up enough for a new car, the ones we have been looking at right now will seem a bit old.

Sorry I have to post this car again b/c it really is the hottest car ever. :cool:

mercedes_slr_mclaren_chrome_image_main.jpg

mercedes-benz-vision-slr-roadster-1999-11.jpg

2012 Audi A7 Base Price $60 000
Expected Graduation 2015
By the time i graduade the 2012 Model will be 4 years old so you can buy one roughly for $25 000 - $30 000 dollars. Sweet deal if you ask me :D

2011-audi-a7-preview-rendering-001-100203235-l.jpg

But Im almost done paying off the M3. No more new cars for me! Pharmacy is doing well! Have the retail side and Long Term Care going. Immunizations coming very shortly!

When i first saw you post years ago, didn't you have an e46 M3? So you upgraded to the e90 in recent yrs? :thumbup:

I myself cannot seem to pull the trigger on a used 07-08 BMW 335i coupe. Found some good deals and low mileage for like $25k but after a year of saving, I can't part ways with the cash, lol.

:eek:

Holy Cow... I sold my car on Craigslist in 5 minutes..

Acura of course...now that I wont be traveling....I no longer need it. Its been a great trouble free vehicle.

With this? :smuggrin:

No, I used 3M headlamp restoration kit. It uses grade 500, 800, & 3000 sand paper with power drill... then buffing compound.

That chemical stuff...I used before...doesn't work.