Any pharmacists here drive nice cars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you're going to spend that much you should get a raptor. Great looking truck.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're going to spend that much you should get a raptor. Great looking truck.

Raptor was discontinued .. but I am considering the replacement which is the Fx4 off road .. which look baller as **** but I think would be a bit embarrassed to use as a daily vehicle .. you'd spend $4k/year on tires wearing down on the pavement.. it is also not the smoothest ride quality on pavement

Last edited:
Raptor was discontinued .. but I am considering the replacement which is the Fx4 off road .. which look baller as **** but I think would be a bit embarrassed to use as a daily vehicle .. you'd spend $4k/year on tires wearing down on the pavement.. it is also not the smoothest ride quality on pavement

Wow, I had no idea they were discontinued. I see one a day where I am. I would have gotten one if I could justify spending that much. Plus, I loved the grill. First time I've ever used that as a justification to like an automobile (even more).

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I had no idea they were discontinued. I see one a day where I am. I would have gotten one if I could justify spending that much. Plus, I loved the grill. First time I've ever used that as a justification to like an automobile (even more).

Yeah its one of my personal favorites too ! I would rank it up there for best looking vehicle of all time.. although not very practical , which I suppose is sort of similar to a Lambo.

Yeah its one of my personal favorites too ! I would rank it up there for best looking vehicle of all time.. although not very practical , which I suppose is sort of similar to a Lambo.

Come to think of it, my wife jokingly asked our salesman how much one was when we were looking for her family-mobile. I think he said 45+. And that was one that had 113 miles and just returned because someone didn't like the color. People were paying for them because they said they couldn't keep them on the lot. Amazes me they were discontinued.

Anyhow, lambo is my dream. If I ever win the lottery, become a millionaire, etc., that will be my first purchase. Still remember being five and seeing my first one. /drool

2013 Lexus GS 350, fully loaded, Obsidian(black) exterior, Flaxen leather interior, 20k miles. Awesome ride, fast, luxurious, not too flashy, excellent dealership customer service/perks, all-around great car.

Anybody here into trucks? Whether its for offroading , hauling toys, campers, or just for the badass factor .. I would argue they are much more practical use of money .. but that may be just cause I am currently saving up for one of the new aluminum f150 , lariat 3.5L twin turbo , will cost $50k which I would argue is way better spend than a new Mercedes or BMW .. once you buy your boats, atv, or camper .. you going to tow that with your sports car ?

I grew up on a horse farm, loved my 1996 F250 powerstroke extended cab.

Can anyone post a link from amazon for the best jumper cables. Mine are terrible and just broke... They came in a travel bag for 20 dollars so they were probably about 10 dollar quality. It was only about 3 feet long too. BTW I have a medium sized car.

Theres going to be a 2016 Raptor....

As far as jumper cables just grab the smallest gauge you can stand. I think Ive seen some $20 ones that were 6 gauge. Its like needle sizes, the thicker the cable the faster they will work.

Reactions: 1 user
Theres going to be a 2016 Raptor....

As far as jumper cables just grab the smallest gauge you can stand. I think Ive seen some $20 ones that were 6 gauge. Its like needle sizes, the thicker the cable the faster they will work.

Yeah they just revealed ! Looks extremely boss ! I have been leaning toward a 6.7L PSD since my last post though

is it wrong to enjoy whatever the f you want in life? besides anyone who made it to top professional health schools probably have a solid support network (meaning they have what is important down - family, friends). Anyway i enjoy drifting to keep me sane it doesn't mean i care about "essentially useless" things. nobody legit cares about and if they do they are probably jealous anyway

Still have the same car from undergrad. Paying loans off ASAP and then looking into 2018 BMW M6 or M5. I'm still in my 20's already have a nice 401k going so i don't mind 800-1200 monthly car payment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want a Ram 1500 Limited, to bad it's over 50k and gets 15 mpg. Might buy one anyways

I'm currently looking into buying a 2nd fun car like a rear wheel drive sports car with a manual transmission. Maybe a BMW 1/2 Series or Porsche Cayman. Any other suggestions? Don't worry, I've already paid off my student loans, mortgage, and car loans, and am saving >$50k/yr between 401k, Roth and taxable.

I'm currently looking into buying a 2nd fun car like a rear wheel drive sports car with a manual transmission. Maybe a BMW 1/2 Series or Porsche Cayman. Any other suggestions? Don't worry, I've already paid off my student loans, mortgage, and car loans, and am saving >$50k/yr between 401k, Roth and taxable.
Buy whatever you want! So many people are judgy here. "Oh my god you bought a 100k car what a idiot" like we work at Taco bell lol We work hard to get where we are at. As long as you have a nice 401k going you're good. Like most of us I work my ass off for my money. No chance in hell i'm rolling in a little cheap **** car. To each its own. First priority always loan (you're good on that) and 401k. Outside of that everything is everyone's opinion.

Also i'd go with the Porsche vs 1/2 series. If you can and are feeling selfish look into the M4. Try leasing it. M5 and m6 get a little pricey but the M4 has a nice price point.

Buy whatever you want! So many people are judgy here. "Oh my god you bought a 100k car what a idiot" like we work at Taco bell lol We work hard to get where we are at. As long as you have a nice 401k going you're good. Like most of us I work my ass off for my money. No chance in hell i'm rolling in a little cheap **** car. To each its own. First priority always loan (you're good on that) and 401k. Outside of that everything is everyone's opinion.

Also i'd go with the Porsche vs 1/2 series. If you can and are feeling selfish look into the M4. Try leasing it. M5 and m6 get a little pricey but the M4 has a nice price point.

I think the attitude's more from the fact that taken alongside the investing threads, it's funny to see all those penny-pinching obsessive strategies to plunge a good deal of it into a depreciable item. I do have a normal Honda Accord that's only needed oil and gas. My guy hobby is driving the same awesome 1994 Toyota Supra I bought salvaged from a repo from a dealer with my first three months of tech work's salary in 1998. 380,000 miles (most of them mine) with only an engine rebuild at 280k has kept that baby humming along for 25 years and counting. And, I do all my own work as a labor of love. I still think the Supra is the best car Toyota ever made, period.

Get a corvette or viper, or even a camaro/charger. Porsche I guess I'll approve but a BMW? Seriously? :uhno: You know I'm just joking, but really I'm serious

Don't d i c k around with anything less. You want a sports car.. get you a 911 (997). Used is ok. They're typically a garage queen anyways. Do not get a Cayman.

Learn to work on your 911...

I've had mine (996) for about 10 years now. Knock on wood.. rock solid.

911_type997_05.jpg

LOL. All of these people that think a Porsche is a sports car are hilarious.

LOL. All of these people that think a Porsche is a sports car are hilarious.

It's obviously not an American muscle/pony car but it's a great car. I really like the 911. The ones to laugh at are the BMW people if you ask me; 40k gets you a mean 4 cylinder 180 HP and if you walk onto any college campus all you will see are 10 year old BMWs.

It's obviously not an American muscle/pony car but it's a great car. I really like the 911. The ones to laugh at are the BMW people if you ask me; 40k gets you a mean 4 cylinder 180 HP and if you walk onto any college campus all you will see are 10 year old BMWs.
Yeah only BMW's worth it are the M3-M6. Especially the new models coming out in 18' that will be pushing over 600 ponies

Do not get a Cayman.

I don't know about that. The Cayman seems like a great car if you have a commute and want to do it in style with a little bit of power. I agree that you should just get a 911 if you find yourself moving into the more expensive, performance tuned Cayman models.. but the entry level one is a solid car for what it does.

Hahaha, I'm just saying, listening to Porsche fans talk about cars is like asking a 21 year old what makes a good whisky.

"Uh.. Super smooth? You can barely feel it in your throat?"

Porsches do have the smooth rides, I'll concede.

Sorry guys, I did read your advice, but I found a mint 2012 BMW 135i manual with 33k mi for $22k so I bought it. Silky smooth turbocharged inline 6 with 300 hp, and the exhaust is not as loud or droning like the Porsche's which I didn't like.

A sports car is any car that at factory specs can reliably outperform the local police pursuit vehicle. 911 definitely qualifies anywhere but Japan (they field Fairladys and 3000GT for TMP and KPP).

Lol, I remember an old article that showed the stock civilian Crown Vic could actually outrun the P71 on a quarter mile due to difference in weight / drag from the old huge lightbars.

I like this thread...it's not related to pharmacy :)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser for overlanding/camping. It's stock at this point, but it will become a proper gig eventually.
2014 Subaru Outback for going to work, Costco, etc.

What's everybody's dream car? Mine is a Land Rover Defender 90/110.

I've always kind of wanted a Mercedes Benz G-Class SUV.
I'd always thought they ran around $80k.
I'm due for a new car relatively soon, so I took a peek last week at the list price: $122,400
2017-G-CLASS-SUV-CH01-DR.jpg

So I am going to have to not get that.

Reactions: 1 users
I've always kind of wanted a Mercedes Benz G-Class SUV.
I'd always thought they ran around $80k.
I'm due for a new car relatively soon, so I took a peek last week at the list price: $122,400
2017-G-CLASS-SUV-CH01-DR.jpg

So I am going to have to not get that.

Expensive imports Id recommend a decent condition used one from Carmax. They plummet in value once mfr warranty is up and rich folk dump it for another new toy.

Carmax has amazing bumper to bumper warranties for cheap (upkeep on those cars is what gets you). Example: You can get a Jag XJL Supercharged with 30k miles for around 40k (over 100k new). Definitely get a good warranty then sell the car right before it expires.

I got a fully loaded used Mustang GT from them with only 7.5k miles clean for 13k under what it costs new, and paid $1500 for a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty with a $150 deductible.

707 hp of ALL AMERICAN muscle.

I can't wait to see the specs on the new SRT DEMON!

I like this thread...it's not related to pharmacy :)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser for overlanding/camping. It's stock at this point, but it will become a proper gig eventually.
2014 Subaru Outback for going to work, Costco, etc.

What's everybody's dream car? Mine is a Land Rover Defender 90/110.

I was zippin' through the city and I don't give a f***
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser because
That b**** ain't never broke down on me, why would I do that to her?
Simple is it, symbolism, I'll pull up at a club
And might not never buy a new car again, if I can help it
Cause if I buy one they gon sell ten, then what I'm left with?
Throw a **** one on the strength, then we might could talk
Til then, I'mma ride my f***in' bike, or walk

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't realize that the 718 Cayman only starts at 54k brand new. That and the new Corvette both look so good in my opinion despite being different in every way.

Last edited:

Brilliant Future's Benz Friends

I told that b**** I don't give a f*** about a benz, b****

Am I the only one that thinks the new Jeep Hellcat is sick? 707 hp, 650lb torque.... yes please. 2 diff concepts below.

hqdefault.jpg

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-CHRIS-DOANE-876x535.jpg

Unsure about the red/black but I'd still drive that sucker, I'd like to see it completely blacked out.

Am I the only one that thinks the new Jeep Hellcat is sick? 707 hp, 650lb torque.... yes please. 2 diff concepts below.

hqdefault.jpg

2017-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-CHRIS-DOANE-876x535.jpg

Unsure about the red/black but I'd still drive that sucker, I'd like to see it completely blacked out.
No, thats pretty bad ass. How much are they going to go for?

I didn't realize that the 718 Cayman only starts at 54k brand new. That and the new Corvette both look so good in my opinion despite being different in every way.
Yes the Cayman starts at $54k but then they add $1,050 delivery fee, $640 for metallic paint, $1,970 for 19" wheels, $185 for colored logos on the wheels (seriously) and $3,200 if you want the PDK auto, so really you're looking at over $60k + sales tax and registration. Plus the new 718 has a turbo 4 cyl which doesn't sound as good as the NA 6 cyl on 2016 and prior models.

Personally I was never really attracted to American cars like the Corvette, Camaro and Mustang, but they do look like good value.

Last edited:
Yes the Cayman starts at $54k but then they add $1,050 delivery fee, $640 for metallic paint, $1,970 for 19" wheels, $185 for colored logos on the wheels (seriously) and $3,200 if you want the PDK auto, so really you're looking at over $60k + sales tax and registration. Plus the new 718 has a turbo 4 cyl which doesn't sound as good as the NA 6 cyl on 2016 and prior models.

Personally I was never really attracted to American cars like the Corvette, Camaro and Mustang, but they do look like good value.

$640 for metallic paint? More like $2,580 for Miami Blue. Don't skimp on your dreams.

No, thats pretty bad ass. How much are they going to go for?

Well the SRT Jeep Grand's are going for ~66k it looks like (those are ~470 HP iirc).

Based on that, I'd assume the Jeep Hellcat to be upper 70s, maybe 80k. Hasn't come out yet though, I'm just guessing at this point. 80k for a 700hp SUV though... talk about fun driving the kids to school :D

Why the hell did they put a 4 cylinder in it? I was watching a YouTube video and the guy said it's because of environmental regulations. He also said he isn't even allowed to wash the damn thing in his own driveway without getting fined over in Germany. Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah emissions and fuel economy regulations just keep getting tighter and tighter. I actually don't mind turbocharged engines. They have lots of torque down low, even at 1500 rpm which is great for everyday driving. But they don't sound as nice when you want to scream around at high rpm.