Any Podiatry School take DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sally0627

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Podiatry Schools still take the DAT score? If yes, then which one.

I really need some help. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Podiatry Schools still take the DAT score? If yes, then which one.

I really need some help. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you already took the DAT? You're better off just taking the MCAT this summer and applying for next cycle anyways. It's like $250, and you'll be able to apply to more schools.

If you were still thinking of applying this cycle.... good luck I guess!

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCPM (website says to ask them first)
Temple( Unsure, it says they awarded scholarships based on GRE, MCAT, DAT, but I'm not sure if this is for all of their professional schools or just Podiatry)

All others require an MCAT score. Is there a particular reason why you aren't going to take the MCAT?

NYCPM (website says to ask them first)
Temple( Unsure, it says they awarded scholarships based on GRE, MCAT, DAT, but I'm not sure if this is for all of their professional schools or just Podiatry)

All others require an MCAT score. Is there a particular reason why you aren't going to take the MCAT?

Because I want to apply this cycle and I heard some schools take the DAT score instead of MCAT. My DAT score is good and I'm just scared to take the MCATs.

I think you should go to Dental school... Try again next year.

I share the opinion.. Don't apply to pod just because you don't want to take a year off. While it is semi late in the cycle already, it's definitely late if you haven't already thought of letters of rec and/or shadowing a dpm. One year of your life means very little compared to making a lifelong commitment. If dental is your dream I suggest you stick with it. If it is just a paycheck to you I would also suggest looking somewhere else because as you will see posted somewhere on this forum dentistry has a faster/better money return. I in no way support this way of thinking nor am I saying you do, just insuring that you know all sides of the equation.

Goodluck in your endeavors.

NYCPM and Temple take DAT scores. Temple will also offer a scholarship if your score is exceptional.

This question has been answered many times. Please do a search before asking common questions.

Also, OP does not need anyone's opinion on which type of school to go to. He or she only needed to know which schools take the DAT score.

/thread.

NYCPM and Temple take DAT scores. Temple will also offer a scholarship if your score is exceptional.

This question has been answered many times. Please do a search before asking common questions.

Also, OP does not need anyone's opinion on which type of school to go to. He or she only needed to know which schools take the DAT score.

/thread.

By the rushed nature of the OP's statement it seemed like they did. Just because it seems like podiatry is easier to get into doesn't mean you should instantly choose it as a fall back because you don't want to take a year off. That is bad for the profession. If they hadn't thought enough to use the search function you can be sure they haven't thought this decision through at all.

By the rushed nature of the OP's statement it seemed like they did. Just because it seems like podiatry is easier to get into doesn't mean you should instantly choose it as a fall back because you don't want to take a year off. That is bad for the profession. If they hadn't thought enough to use the search function you can be sure they haven't thought this decision through at all.

I agree with your statement, however, it seems that most threads go back to this same topic. Forums should strive to stay on topic whenever possible. If you disagree, feel free to private message me and we can discuss further (I don't want to take this thread even more off-topic).

Why do podiatric medical schools accept DENTAL school admission tests? If we are to earn parity, then the MCAT only must be accepted with competitive scores. The fact that two podiatric medical schools still accept the dental test is embarassing and speaks volumes about the lack of competition in podiatric medical schools.

If you want to be a dentist, or other dental speciality, take the DAT.

If you want to be a general podiatrist, or foot and ankle surgeon, take the MCAT.

Why do podiatric medical schools accept DENTAL school admission tests? If we are to earn parity, then the MCAT only must be accepted with competitive scores. The fact that two podiatric medical schools still accept the dental test is embarassing and speaks volumes about the lack of competition in podiatric medical schools.

If you want to be a dentist, or other dental speciality, take the DAT.

If you want to be a general podiatrist, or foot and ankle surgeon, take the MCAT.

I believe that Temple generally takes in DAT applicants with above average scores, but I do agree with your above assessment.

I know it's not a feasible proposition, but I wonder what would happen if pod schools had their own test... Think applicants would half? Less? Interesting though I guess.

Also, in terms of these threads staying on topic, I think voicing concerns over someone hastily applying to pod school because of not getting into dental school is on topic. If it is WAY off topic I suppose I could start another thread singling the OP out and then explain it to him/her though if that is better...

I know it's not a feasible proposition, but I wonder what would happen if pod schools had their own test... Think applicants would half? Less? Interesting though I guess.

Also, in terms of these threads staying on topic, I think voicing concerns over someone hastily applying to pod school because of not getting into dental school is on topic. If it is WAY off topic I suppose I could start another thread singling the OP out and then explain it to him/her though if that is better...

You would not need to single the OP out. As mentioned earlier, almost every thread goes back to this same topic regardless of who starts the thread. The OP did not mention needing advice as to which type of school to choose. If people want to discuss which tests schools should accept, which type of schools to apply to, etc., start another thread on that topic. This thread's question has already been answered.

I agree with Traum. Its an embarrassment to our profession to accept the DAT.

You would not need to single the OP out. As mentioned earlier, almost every thread goes back to this same topic regardless of who starts the thread. The OP did not mention needing advice as to which type of school to choose. If people want to discuss which tests schools should accept, which type of schools to apply to, etc., start another thread on that topic. This thread's question has already been answered.

Please stay on topic.

i think, more than anything, it speaks to the type of person applying to the school. I can't think of a more obvious way of telling your interviewers that you didn't really want to go there, and it's a backup (more than that, it's not even a well-planned backup, or they would have taken the MCAT).

It's like showing up to a job interview with a resume cover letter addressed to another business.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you everyone for the advice and help.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to start a big argument for no reason.

Thanks anyways.

Thank you everyone for the advice and help.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to start a big argument for no reason.

Thanks anyways.

Don't apologize - we like arguments!

at least.... it would seem so by the amount of attention arguments get on here... :laugh::laugh: