Any research opportunities available at hospital or organizations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a nontraditional student who is interested in research. I have no research background.

Doing research at my school is not really an option for me.

Do you know if local hospitals or any independent lab that would allow be to assist in research where I can really be involved? I live in south florida by the way.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome that you wanna do research, and a lot of clinical research can expose you to a lot of really neat stuff. The only way you can really find out is by being persistent about your interests to people and by simply asking. This is personally how I found a clinical research position, and its at a hospital that (historically) hasn't taken anyone but M.S./MD students. Granted I'm not getting paid, its still an amazing experience. Just go out there and ask!

I'm a nontraditional student who is interested in research. I have no research background.

Doing research at my school is not really an option for me.

Do you know if local hospitals or any independent lab that would allow be to assist in research where I can really be involved? I live in south florida by the way.

Any ideas?

Do you live near a medical school? You can inquire about opportunities in clinical and basic research there and through its associated teaching hospitals. Just sell yourself on wanting to learn more and continuing research into your medical career.