Any schedule like SN2 for MCAT 2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiamed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SN2 had a beautiful schedule for the old MCAT. Can it still be applicable for this new MCAT? Are there any schedules for the new MCAT floating around? So far I've gathered:

Best books for..
Verbal: Still EK 101, TPRH
Physics/GChem/Ochem: Probably the old TBR books suffice?
Biochem and Behavioral Science: no idea. kaplan? next step? TPR???

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest, SN2ed will likely yield excellent results anyway. Just modify the schedule with psych/soc and utilize whatever MCAT 2015 practice tests you can find.

I could see people potentially utilizing the old MCAT practice tests. While the presentation of the material and timing will be quite different, the questions will still have that "MCAT style". (this is speculation, of course, but it might be something I'd do in the event I have to retake the MCAT. )

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
SN2 had a beautiful schedule for the old MCAT. Can it still be applicable for this new MCAT? Are there any schedules for the new MCAT floating around? So far I've gathered:

Best books for..

According to TBR, their biology books have all of the biochem you need in them. I wouldn't trust next step for **** since they falsify all of their reviews on amazon.

According to TBR, their biology books have all of the biochem you need in them. I wouldn't trust next step for **** since they falsify all of their reviews on amazon.
Agreed, nextstep is so sketchy. Already 4.5 stars on amazon? I've learned that a lot of companies apparently also can buy fake reviews. Always go with the history of that company.

And really TBR bio has all the biochem we need? I'll check it out (I used EK bio last time, didn't even touch TBR bio).

I'm using the Kaplan MCAT 2015 ebook. The biochem review seemed pretty good. I'm in the so-called social sciences review right now. It's thorough, but I hate it. haha. It also spends a lot of time on discredited theories such as psychoanalysis.

Best books for..

You might consider looking at AAMC's content guide for MCAT 2015. I'm told they removed a couple of things from the physics section. The guide is freely available on their website, but I don't have a link. I think you google "what's on MCAT 2015" or something like that to find it.

Has anyone looked at Next Step's Schedule? How is it compared to SN2ed?
I like what I see so far from NS's schedule. I did my second day of it yesterday. Took forever, but I think it's going to work out well. I have never done SN2ed, but starting studying at 8 am and only starting passages at 2:30 pm does not appeal to me at all. It's impossible to fit all that in with classes and work.

If I have to retake, I'm going to dust off TBR and print out the AAMC outline. Then I'm going to go through my books and cross off chapters or sections that do not apply to the new MCAT. That way, when I'm studying, I can just blast through the material without constantly wondering whether something is on the new exam or not. I'll probably also buy the TPR psych/soc book and rely on it. I'll take the one practice test 2 weeks before I write the test and polish up on any weak areas.

I don't want to spend more than 2 months studying (because I already studied for the previous one). I'm not sure how I will work out an accelerated schedule while still comprehensively reviewing. I suppose sticking to one source will be the biggest help, and perhaps I'll only do 2/3 of the TBR questions.

I plan to utilize flashcards for psych/soc because a lot of that stuff is pure memorization. I am a psych major and took the sample questions AAMC published in one of their "what's on the new MCAT" books and got half of them wrong. I don't remember specific theories, just broad concepts and major dudes and their theories. So, that sucked.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone link to this AAMC outline that shows what has been removed? I'm searching and can't find anything that specifically identifies what has been removed

If I have to retake, I'm going to dust off TBR and print out the AAMC outline. Then I'm going to go through my books and cross off chapters or sections that do not apply to the new MCAT. That way, when I'm studying, I can just blast through the material without constantly wondering whether something is on the new exam or not. I'll probably also buy the TPR psych/soc book and rely on it. I'll take the one practice test 2 weeks before I write the test and polish up on any weak areas.

I don't want to spend more than 2 months studying (because I already studied for the previous one). I'm not sure how I will work out an accelerated schedule while still comprehensively reviewing. I suppose sticking to one source will be the biggest help, and perhaps I'll only do 2/3 of the TBR questions.

I plan to utilize flashcards for psych/soc because a lot of that stuff is pure memorization. I am a psych major and took the sample questions AAMC published in one of their "what's on the new MCAT" books and got half of them wrong. I don't remember specific theories, just broad concepts and major dudes and their theories. So, that sucked.

Yup that's what I'm going to do. Stick to TBR for everything, including do a few passages here and there, follow AAMC outline line by line. Then get a book for Psych/Socio (TPR or Kaplan?), and maybe supplement with a Biochem prep book. Then I'll do any practice ?'s provided by AAMC for 2015 mcat.. Not sure if I should do the old mcat FL's though?

Yup that's what I'm going to do. Stick to TBR for everything, including do a few passages here and there, follow AAMC outline line by line. Then get a book for Psych/Socio (TPR or Kaplan?), and maybe supplement with a Biochem prep book. Then I'll do any practice ?'s provided by AAMC for 2015 mcat.. Not sure if I should do the old mcat FL's though?

What is "FL"? I'm using Kaplan, and though I dislike the so-called social sciences, I think their review is pretty good. They also tell you what's high-yield on the MCAT.

I feel like the physics TBR might be overkill though. I have looked through it and I think it is much more detailed than we would need to know given the reduction of physics questions on the new MCAT. Might be better to go with EK.

I feel like the physics TBR might be overkill though. I have looked through it and I think it is much more detailed than we would need to know given the reduction of physics questions on the new MCAT. Might be better to go with EK.

I'd say that all depends on your background and strength in physics. EK Physics to me was garbage. TBR was amazing. A little long and maybe more info then needed but that extra info really helped clarify and explain certain subjects within physics. If TBR is tickling your fancy I'd try TPR (princeton) old physic book. I found it to be a happy medium between TBR and EK. If you have a solid physics foundation Princeton might be the way to go.