Any schools that don't require interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8MoreReps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just trying to formulate a list of places to apply to and would like some out of state schools that don't require an interview so I don't have to fly out for that. Do they exist or no? All the ones near me do require one.

Members don't see this ad.

Of the schools I applied to, only George Washington doesn't require that they attend their interview. There are also some schools (although I am not sure which ones) that will let you do the interview over the phone. You may want to ask the out of state schools that you are interested in if they do phone interviews.

In Illinois, there's Bradley, Northwestern, and University of Illinois at Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to University of Vermont and Boston University, and neither of them require interviews.

Of the schools I applied to, Puget Sound does not require an interview

I am just trying to formulate a list of places to apply to and would like some out of state schools that don't require an interview so I don't have to fly out for that.

IMO, you shouldn't limit yourself to schools that do not require interviews. If you mention financial hardship, I think any adcom worth its salt will offer you a phone/Skype interview if they see you as a strong candidate.

the ones that I applied to that don't require interviews were UW, USC, BU, UF(they said that interviews may or may not be required so i'm not so sure about that one... but the first three def don't require it)

Nova Southeastern! Only a phone interview if they feel it's necessary I think.