Any spouses here with kids?

Bracha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-
I'm looking to connect with spouses/SO's of residents or med students that have kids. Anyone here?? I could use some perspective please! Even better if you are a PA or other clinician.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well my DH is now out of residency but we were married all through med school and had our kids during his residency (he just finished last year). Feel free to PM me; and I also work in healthcare and have since we moved for him to do medical school :)

No kiddos yet, but we're going to start trying this fall so (hopefully) our first will be born between the first and second year of his GS residency. We got married between his second and third year of med school, and we've been together since high school. Being a doctor's wife is tougher than people think. I've literally been told on two occassions by strangers that I was just going to be his first wife. One happened at a makeup counter in the mall a month before I got married and the other happened at a bachelorette party. Needless to say, I don't tell people what my husband does anymore. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nursing here. My husband is in medical school, I'm in school, and we have a couple kids. :oops:

Hello all,

My husband is just starting med school this summer in Chicago and we have a 3.5 month old son. I currently work in clinical research (mood disorder and substance abuse), but will be quitting when we move next month. I plan on staying home with our son until January when I will hopefully be starting an accelerated bachelor's of nursing at the same school. He grew up near to the med school and his entire family lives within 30min, so we should have lots of help.

Those of you who have done this: any tips for keeping your relationship strong with little time and money?