Any thoughts about Boston dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stc190

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, every future dentist or dentist. I need some opinions regarding Boston dental school from you guys. I am a pre-dental student and applying for this cycle. I just got the secondary application from Boston university. I went through the official guide to dental schools and tried to find out some good things about Boston dental school. I researched SDN. But I saw most threads about Boston dental school were so negative! Is Boston dental school such a bad school? People said something like, at Boston dental school you pay for patients to treat them, steal patients from your classmates, fight for the chairs, dishonesty, ect.Are these things true? Or every dental school is like that? Anyone here currently at Boston dental school or graduated from the school could share some thoughts or experiences of the school? Thanks for any inputs!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the same things and got a scholarship offer and decided to turn it down, even though I REALLY enjoyed the school on interview day. I honestly think your best option is to contact some current students (via Facebook or whatever) and get their opinions. It's hard to judge a school based off SDN comments, especially when schools are constantly changing. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually in the same boat. For the supplementary, just read over their website and see if anything resonates with you.

A lot of stuff about BU on here so far has been negative. But, the reasons seem to be not too different from the hassles of other schools. I think its best to find out for yourself and ask the BU students/graduates about their experience.

Reactions: 1 user
If it your last and only choice...GO. You will still turn out to be a top notch dentist.

Go to tufts...

Reactions: 1 user