Any thoughts for this re-applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbucky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I first applied for the Aug '05 class with a 3.5 GPA and 27P MCAT, with basically no volunteering and limited clinical experience. I'm now re-applying with the same GPA and a 30O MCAT, have been volunteering in hospitals for the past 2 years, done some job shadowing of current physicians, and am currently working in a research lab where I am a co-first author on one publication, a third author on another, presented a poster, and am on two others to be presented this year at the Annual Meeting for Society for Neuroscience. I'm also thinking of applying for MD/PhD. Any thoughts on my strength of application, whether for MD or MD/PhD?

Members don't see this ad.

the mcat is good. Experiences are great. You should do good getting into an MD program. The MD-PhD route may require a slightly higher gpa, but then again it's still pretty good. I'd say reapply to mostly MD programs and if you want some MD-PhD programs as well. The fact that you co-authored and presented would certainly help you in the pursuit of a combined program. Everything looks pretty good; you should have no problems this time around.