any TWU Early Decision applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redtegu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied ED for TWU and haven't heard anything. I know they still have a long time before decisions are due but I am just :scared:...wondered if anyone else heard from them?

My stats:
GPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.75
GRE: 1450 5.5 710M/740V
Other: did research, 160+ hrs as a PT tech, 100 hrs at 2 other PT clinics, TX resident

They take 100 and ~525 applied last cycle

Thank you and good luck to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats look wonderful, so I wouldn't worry about a thing :)

Hello! I applied in time for ED at TWU and am just waiting it out too. I think their deadline for notifying ED applicants is on Halloween. Spooky! :D

BTW your stats are a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I'm sure you'll get in no prob!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied ED for TWU and haven't heard anything. I know they still have a long time before decisions are due but I am just :scared:...wondered if anyone else heard from them?

My stats:
GPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.75
GRE: 1450 5.5 710M/740V
Other: did research, 160+ hrs as a PT tech, 100 hrs at 2 other PT clinics, TX resident

They take 100 and ~525 applied last cycle

Thank you and good luck to all of you.

Hi rodtegu,

You should hear from them soon. Sometime within the rest of this month or at least early October. However, this year is the CAPTE visit for re-accreditation of TWU, so the professors (many of whom happen to be on the ADCOM) are very busy in preparation for this in the beginning of October. Acceptance notices may come a tad bit later this year.

And as the other said, you have very competitive stats, especially your GRE scores. Kudos for the incredible score!

You will most likely be accepted.

I look forward to seeing you next year, if you decide to attend TWU Houston.

any other ED/Regular applicants for TWU? where are you guys hiding... :)

I applied early decision and have not heard back yet. I'll let you know when I do. :xf:

I applied ED at TWU-Houston and received the phone call this week :)

Congrats KB1713! Dallas/Houston? Was TWU your first choice school, or are you still waiting for other schools?

Wow. I applied ED too and am still waiting to hear back. I guess this means I probably won't be hearing back on ED...

Congrats to you.

Congrats KB1713! Dallas/Houston? Was TWU your first choice school, or are you still waiting for other schools?

Yes TWU-Houston was my first choice. My parent live in Houston and I grew up on the northwest side. I suppose I'll be living with them to save money..

Yes TWU-Houston was my first choice. My parent live in Houston and I grew up on the northwest side. I suppose I'll be living with them to save money..

Well, congrats to you again. Living with your parents during PT school isn't too bad, with all the money you save not paying for rent, which if you do could make you end up spending almost 15-20K extra for the 3 year program.

I'll be seeing you next year.

Get ready for a crazy first semester.

So I heard back. They sent me a letter saying that I was not accepted early decision but I was still in the pool for general acceptance.

They had a list of criteria at the bottom of the letter that laid out what you had to have in order to be considered. I met the gpa/gre requirements but I am missing more than three prerequisites. I'm taking one now and finishing the other two next semester.

So, I'm trying not to freak out, and just remain calm. Thoughts anyone?

@meh0170: My mom told me I got a similar letter at home, but she didn't explain what the letter was talking about very well. So I guess I'll just have to wait until I get home to visit for the weekend & see for myself haha

Congratulations KB1713. May I ask what your GPA & GRE scores were? I am applying for Fall 2014 & would really love to go to TWU. My GPA 3.4 overall, 3.8 science, GRE 151Q, 157V, 4.0 writing.

Congratulations KB1713. May I ask what your GPA & GRE scores were? I am applying for Fall 2014 & would really love to go to TWU. My GPA 3.4 overall, 3.8 science, GRE 151Q, 157V, 4.0 writing.
i just got accepted to TWU, my GRE was lower than yours but my GPA was slightly higher so you have a chance! good luck!

Hi irene411, congrats! Did you get called off the waiting list? Which campus did you get accepted to?

Hi irene411, congrats! Did you get called off the waiting list? Which campus did you get accepted to?
i actually got called on the 13th of december. will be going to the houston campus