Any UConn or Stony Brook students here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MsPurtell

Hi everyone,

I've been accepted to both schools and will have to decide relatively soon where I'll be going. I got a scholarhip offer from UConn, making tuition similar for each school. Both have a very good reputation. I was impressed by each, liked the staff and students in both schools.

Does anyone want to add anything additional about either school, either positive or negative, that will help me make up my mind?

Thanks, Margaret

Members don't see this ad.

OK, I'll step up to the plate and suggest one way out for you. If you have children go to UCONN. If not, go to SUNY Stony Brook.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi groundhog,

Why on earth does having kids have anything to do with choosing one school over thte other? Really curious. (I don't have them, btw.)

Margaret

MsPurtell,
In case you became totally baffled and unable to reach a decision I was just suggesting a method to get out of the maze. I know flipping a coin would be just as effective, but Farmington did seem like a great community in which to raise children and reduce stress on a parent while attending dental school.

Okay, I see what you meant. I don't know much about Farmington. Is in inexpensive?

Margaret