Any University of Michigan Dental Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiebell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
U of M is my only option for Dental school, I am a momma and am kind of stuck where I am at. Detroit Mercy is an option too, but Ann Arbor is a lot closer. I am wondering what peoples stats were that were accepted. And I have questions on some of the prerequisites you took. I have a few from CC ( gen chem 1, full year english, micro ( transfers as 300 lv.), and intro psychology). Also, is calculus necessary? I can't find it any where on their website if it is required or not. Any wolverines out there?

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked the ADEA dental school book, and at University of Michigan, it does not say that calculus is required. So most likely it is not. However, it wouldn't hurt to send them an email personally and ask them.

Reactions: 1 user
No calculus but sociology is a requirement as far as I remember. Check doc toothaches guide in pre-dental forum stickies or the ADEA guide that comes out yearly.

U of M is my only option for Dental school, I am a momma and am kind of stuck where I am at. Detroit Mercy is an option too, but Ann Arbor is a lot closer. I am wondering what peoples stats were that were accepted. And I have questions on some of the prerequisites you took. I have a few from CC ( gen chem 1, full year english, micro ( transfers as 300 lv.), and intro psychology). Also, is calculus necessary? I can't find it any where on their website if it is required or not. Any wolverines out there?

Our class stats are actually already posted on the website (http://dent.umich.edu/admissions/dds/dds-entering-class-student-profile)

So that's something to kind of aim for... No calc necessary.. The pre reqs are recommended to be taken at a 4 year university, but it won't make it or break it for you that you took those at a cc. Let me know if you have any other questions.