Any urm nontraditional Christians out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTfutureMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start a support network for eachother! I know I'm not he only one out there.

Members don't see this ad.

you are not the only one...I go to a small private christian university and I worked afar for 3 years prior to ug.

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't have any problem finding black christians. Now black atheist, thats another story....

This black man does not fall for the religious bull, im a scientist.

Hello my fellow Christians! Where are you guys located on the road to becoming a physician?

... And kg062007- if you have nothing positive to add, which your post did not, please don't waste your energy with insults. You are entitled to your views, but this thread was not opened for non-Christians to voice their disapproving views.

Seems like so few of us are here, this probably is representative of a greater sect of professional, intellectuals, and academicians...as Erykah Badu said, "most intellects do not believe in God"

Regardless, I am here!?! :D

It's wonderful to see this thread. I am also a firm believer in christainity but more importantly, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is astounding to see the number of atheists and agnostics in science. One would think that intellectuals would be the ones proclaiming the glory and majesty of God and His works but it is quite the opposite. I guess that's why there is that bible verse about those that are always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. I am forever greatful for God opening my eyes to who He truly is.

I know how you feel. I'm a Hispanic atheist. There's almost nobody on my side of the fence.

really? I feel that 90% of med students and faculty I've met are atheists or agnostics...regardless of race

I've caught a lot of slack for being "religious"...basically people insulting my intelligence because I believe in God. (not everyone, but comments have been made here and there)

This entire country I'm in is Christian.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think anybody who majored in biology, understands evolution and still believes in "god" should have their intelligence questioned.

Methinks we have a troll.
Warning: Don't feed the troll!! Warning

Hey all!
I'm a traditional applicant but I wanted to offer my two cents. I am also a Christian and my faith is definitely a significant influence on how I am handling this process. In the words of Ralph Abernathy, "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future."Blessings!

Last edited:
I'll bump this and add my name to the list of URM (of Mexican descent) non-trads who are Christians.

Understanding the science of medicine and being blessed now with the opportunity to actually learn to practice it has only highlighted to me the wonderful beauty of what God has created and how I owe Him all the credit and glory for every bit of it. From each breath I take to the wealth of knowledge I am soon to learn, I have learned He is at the center of it all. I look forward to sharing my stories with and getting to know anyone on this thread. God bless all of you.

I'll bump this and add my name to the list of URM (of Mexican descent) non-trads who are Christians.

Understanding the science of medicine and being blessed now with the opportunity to actually learn to practice it has only highlighted to me the wonderful beauty of what God has created and how I owe Him all the credit and glory for every bit of it. From each breath I take to the wealth of knowledge I am soon to learn, I have learned He is at the center of it all. I look forward to sharing my stories with and getting to know anyone on this thread. God bless all of you.

:thumbup: Yes!!

It's wonderful to see this thread. I am also a firm believer in christainity but more importantly, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is astounding to see the number of atheists and agnostics in science. One would think that intellectuals would be the ones proclaiming the glory and majesty of God and His works but it is quite the opposite. I guess that's why there is that bible verse about those that are always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. I am forever greatful for God opening my eyes to who He truly is.

Really? Are you serious? Atheism and agnosticism are "religions" of scientific, evidence-based, logical thought!!!! Atheists make up 93% of the National Academy of Science

I don't know where you get this idea that being more religious makes you more "intellectual", the "stereotype" is actually the opposite. :laugh: Look at Rick Santorium and the entire conservative movement in this country, they are acting like science and education is an attack on the Christian faith.

Having a personal relationship with whatever it is you worship is cool but people make erroneous comments like this when they assume everyone thinks or is supposed to think the way they do.

Last edited:
I'm a non-trad AA Christian man who thanks God everyday for the blessing of being accepted into dental school. I pray that you all have a great experience in your chosen professions and keep the faith!

I'm a non-trad AA Christian man who thanks God everyday for the blessing of being accepted into dental school. I pray that you all have a great experience in your chosen professions and keep the faith!

Back at ya. Good luck in dental school!

Sent from my medical tricorder using Tapatalk

Nontrad Christian here excited about applying to med school this cycle. Thank you to the OP for starting this thread - I love the positivity!

How did humans develop? So scientifically they say animals...well how did animals develop? Can you make your own seed and grow a tree? Can you stop the planets from orbiting? Can you stop the sun from shining? No! Can you make a human breathe again? Nope and that's a scientific fact/evidence so thank God for putting us here but people really think they created so many things when its pretty clear that there is a greater being that is responsible. Therefore you should stop being ignorant as well...

Hello everyone...I am a Christian as well and I am proud of it! :soexcited::clap::banana::biglove:

How did humans develop? So scientifically they say animals...well how did animals develop? Can you make your own seed and grow a tree? Can you stop the planets from orbiting? Can you stop the sun from shining? No! Can you make a human breathe again? Nope and that's a scientific fact/evidence so thank God for putting us here but people really think they created so many things when its pretty clear that there is a greater being that is responsible. Therefore you should stop being ignorant as well...

Hello everyone...I am a Christian as well and I am proud of it! :soexcited::clap::banana::biglove:

Not sure if srs

The misconception is that most atheists and agnostics think Christians believe the earth is 4000-6000 years old. Couldn't be more wrong. Most people can't have a simple conversation without turning it into some "you're a stupid Christian" or "I'll pray for your soul" garbage being tossed around. I'm a Christian, I believe in God and science. I believe God created science. I do believe what is greater cannot come from what is lesser , i.e. my reason to believe. It starts there and grows with a lot of strong scientific evidence that really can't be expressed in popular journals due to it being girded so tightly. For anyone interested my favorite Christian science resource is: reasons.org They have great physicists, biochemists, and philosophers on there that discuss all types of scientific happenings.

Last edited:
The misconception is that most atheists and agnostics think Christians believe the earth is 4000-6000 years old. Couldn't be more wrong. Most people can't have a simple conversation without turning it into some "you're a stupid Christian" or "I'll pray for your soul" garbage being tossed around. I'm a Christian, I believe in God and science. I believe God created science. I do believe what is greater cannot come from what is lesser , i.e. my reason to believe. It starts there and grows with a lot of strong scientific evidence that really can't be expressed in popular journals due to it being girded so tightly. For anyone interested my favorite Christian science resource is: reasons.org They have great physicists, biochemists, and philosophers on there that discuss all types of scientific happenings.

Thank you so much for that website!!

I second your train of thoughts!!!!