Any Vets here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious- are clients generally allowed to watch their pets have a minor dental surgical procedure?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for the response.

Why not? I mean, I want to make sure my pet is treated respectfully by the Vet and his/her staff at all times. And since my pet can't speak English, I need to visually confirm its treated well.

My research indicates that a few hospitals actually encourage clients to observe their pet's surgeries and state that any reasonable hospital should allow this.

Funny.

My son had some dental work done once. I wanted to watch. You know, to make sure the staff treated my son respectfully and didn't abuse him, since I've heard reports that not all dentists treat their patients well.

Wouldn't you know it, the dentist didn't let me sit back there while they did oral surgery on my anesthetized son. Huh. I wonder why.

(Actually, I didn't want to sit back there and I did trust the dentist. That part I was joking about. My son asked if I could be with him, though. But go figure, the dentist refused.)

Funny.

My son had some dental work done once. I wanted to watch. You know, to make sure the staff treated my son respectfully and didn't abuse him, since I've heard reports that not all dentists treat their patients well.

Wouldn't you know it, the dentist didn't let me sit back there while they did oral surgery on my anesthetized son. Huh. I wonder why.

(Actually, I didn't want to sit back there and I did trust the dentist. That part I was joking about. My son asked if I could be with him, though. But go figure, the dentist refused.)

Sketchy.

You could totally watch any pediatric surgeries though. The peds surgeon would probably be fine with it given your child might not be old enough to "have a voice."

Any reasonable hospital would allow this.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.