Any way to speed up Kaplan videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optimistic3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that you can now increase the speed of YouTube videos and I absolutely love that feature. Often people who make tutorials speak slowly so I like increasing the speed of watching the video to 1.5x or even 2x if I've already seen it and want to watch it again.

I would love to be able to do this with Kaplan on demand video lessons but I haven't figured out how. I don't see an option on their website. I tried looking for a Chrome extension to do this but I can't find one. They all seem to be for HTML and I believe Kaplan videos use Flash.

Any suggestions? Those Kaplan videos can go quite slowly sometimes, especially if it's a topic that I'm pretty familiar with. Once we get to a part that I may not be so familiar with, I would bring it back down to normal 1x speed.

Thanks.

Edit - I did find this

http://www.enounce.com/bar-review

Obviously I'd prefer something free if that's an option but at least this is out there. I'd still love to hear suggestions : )

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering this too...does anyone know how to speed up kaplan mcat channel videos?

hah, I forgot that I posted this! I never found another way but they really should add that option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you buy that program you posted the link to? How is it?

I have that MySpeed program from Ennounce, I really like it and it was worth paying for, for me. I was using on Chad's videos before they incorporated a MySpeed app into their own videos.

I have that MySpeed program from Ennounce, I really like it and it was worth paying for, for me. I was using on Chad's videos before they incorporated a MySpeed app into their own videos.

Which version did you get? When you speed it up, does it sound clear or are the words all jumbled up?

Which version did you get? When you speed it up, does it sound clear or are the words all jumbled up?

I got the premiere version when it was on sale for $50 but I'm sure the regular version would be fine also. The words sound clear but I will say that the program is sometimes a little buggy and I have had to re-open/refresh the video a few times.

Did you buy that program you posted the link to? How is it?

No, I never ended up buying it. They do have that free 7 day trial so you might want to give that a shot! I guess I forgot that they did a free trial so I never tried it.