Any word on ICO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member415

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! So I'm on the alternate list for ICO and the wait is so dreadful. I was wondering if anyone knows how much longer they are interviewing for? Every time I call the school, the call goes to voicemail so I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at the school recently. If anyone has heard anything from ICO or knows how long they interview for, please let me know! I'm just trying to see if its even likely that ICO will even get to the alternate list. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Try sending an email instead maybe. They're usually prompt with emails.

Try sending an email instead maybe. They're usually prompt with emails.

I sent an email yesterday, so hopefully I get a response by Monday. I think they're just really busy in the process right now? Not too sure. Hoping they get to the alternate list soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably. There was another large group interviewing today, so they're still in the interview process for sure

Hi guys,
To add to this, does anyone know an approximate of how many spots are left?
I just received a supplemental. I have accepted my seat at NOVA but that being said, ICO is in my home state so I would love the opportunity to attend.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the difference between the alternate list and the waitlist?

Hi guys,
To add to this, does anyone know an approximate of how many spots are left?
I just received a supplemental. I have accepted my seat at NOVA but that being said, ICO is in my home state so I would love the opportunity to attend.
That's awesome, congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi there,
I have an interview for ICO on the 11th of April. I was wondering if you can give any pointers on what to expect? So far all I have really figured out is that the interview is not in MMI format.

I am also curious because I am from Canada so should I be starting to focus on American current events in preparation?

Also in response to your initial question I have heard when you get placed on a waitlist your spot will become available when accepted students start turning down their offers for other schools. So just wait it out, and I am sure you will get your letter soon!

Hi there,
I have an interview for ICO on the 11th of April. I was wondering if you can give any pointers on what to expect? So far all I have really figured out is that the interview is not in MMI format.

I am also curious because I am from Canada so should I be starting to focus on American current events in preparation?

Also in response to your initial question I have heard when you get placed on a waitlist your spot will become available when accepted students start turning down their offers for other schools. So just wait it out, and I am sure you will get your letter soon!

Congrats! Mine is on the 5th. Go to the top of this page and look for Interview feedback and then ICO. There are lots of questions and tips. I'm sure the fact that you're from Canada will come up in the interview, so be prepared to answer questions like "how would you adapt in a new place," etc.

Hi there,

I had my interview on March 11th and it was very laid-back. I had a faculty member for my one-on-one interview and he started off by asking me to tell a story about how I got interested in optometry, shadowing experience, and optometry work experience (it was open-file). I would recommend to stay at the RC and eat breakfast in the morning before your interview. The dining hall opens at 7:30 AM.

Hey all! So I'm on the alternate list for ICO and the wait is so dreadful. I was wondering if anyone knows how much longer they are interviewing for? Every time I call the school, the call goes to voicemail so I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at the school recently. If anyone has heard anything from ICO or knows how long they interview for, please let me know! I'm just trying to see if its even likely that ICO will even get to the alternate list. Thanks guys!
Hey! Ive already been accepted and put my deposit down for ICO but I will say that they are deff still holding interviews. I have a friend that is interviewing there next week. Also, as for contacting the school I would definitely go with an email and if you look up the admissions contact, find Melissa Cooks email (she's pretty quick with responses). Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Hi guys,
I was wondering how ICO goes about contacting you post interview?
I realize it is late in the cycle so I want to make sure my decisions are made quickly since I have a deposit at another school

I just got my acceptance letter today!

Last edited: