anybody else struggle with questions that require calculations in C/P? Any tips??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedkid1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am good when it comes to questions that don't require calculations and just test concepts but I struggle A LOT with calculations in c/p.

How can I fix this? NS exams are filled with calculations. I don't know how the real exam is gonna be. Im terrified

Members don't see this ad.

So it's the application and the math?

I would get the application down first. Even if you get good at your math, if you don't know what your solving for then there's really no point. Try practicing with the use of equations and understanding what the questions ask. When you have that down, I would concentrate with getting better at doing math involving decimal numbers, negative numbers, logs, anti logs, trig functions. Then I would get the timing down. I would just makeup random numbers and try solving it so you get good at your timing.

I would get the EK 1001 books and the AAMC Q packs for physics and chemistry. They helped me solidify concepts and understand the equations.

So it's the application and the math?

I would get the application down first. Even if you get good at your math, if you don't know what your solving for then there's really no point. Try practicing with the use of equations and understanding what the questions ask. When you have that down, I would concentrate with getting better at doing math involving decimal numbers, negative numbers, logs, anti logs, trig functions. Then I would get the timing down. I would just makeup random numbers and try solving it so you get good at your timing.

I would get the EK 1001 books and the AAMC Q packs for physics and chemistry. They helped me solidify concepts and understand the equations.

ok will do man! Thank you so much :)