Anybody having a hard time studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's Sunday, I have a Microbiology test tomorrow and I can NOT concentrate. I had to get up at 3:45am to take my boyfriend to the airport so I've been sort of thrown off all day, kind of sleepy and not wanting to do anything. Maybe it's the weather.
But ever since I got accepted I really have a hard time giving it 100% academically... I should study!

Members don't see this ad.

ndearwater said:
So it's Sunday, I have a Microbiology test tomorrow and I can NOT concentrate. I had to get up at 3:45am to take my boyfriend to the airport so I've been sort of thrown off all day, kind of sleepy and not wanting to do anything. Maybe it's the weather.
But ever since I got accepted I really have a hard time giving it 100% academically... I should study!

Don't get sucked into the SDN vaccum......you'll never get out :laugh:

wheelsonfire said:

Yeah I think I need an SDN/methadone clinic!
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
ndearwater said:
Yeah I think I need an SDN/methadone clinic!
:laugh:

:laugh: Congratulations on getting in. Give yourself a little break and relax. I'm sure you'll do fine on your test especially if you're not burned out. :)

Um, I have a quiz and a final tomorrow, and another test of Tuesday, plus a resume to turn in my noon on Tuesday and I'm still on here. :laugh: I get through one powerpoint slide about every 20 minutes. :(

ndearwater said:

I'm having the same problem right now! I have an Organic I test tomorrow and a Micro test Tuesday and I just can't seem to study effectively! I can't stop thinking about Thanksgiving break.

Good luck with your test!

Stephie

ndearwater said:

I'm with you on this. I have a paper to write and I've been sitting here for hours and all I've done is the intro... SDN is so addicting.

Yeah, definately having a hard time studying, haha. I have 2 tests tomorrow..I studied for one yesterday, and I just started studying for the other one, but I really am having a hard time concentrating so I guess it's gonna be a long night. I am soooo ready for this semester to be over and for Christmas break to be here.

I don't have another exam until December 6th, so I'm cruising right now. It's a Genomics exam, so I ought to study early for it. Lots of stuff to remember, gene sequences, etc. But, I'll wait until the day before. What the hell.

I just finished my Biotransformation paper. My Outcomes case came on-line at 6pm, but it's not due until tomorrow night. It can wait.

i have a 2 day exam at the end of this month....

it shouldn't be too hard hopefully

they say if you pay attention and actually work then we won't have a problem.....

we have to make a 70 on the final inorder to pass the rotation....
it doesn't matter how well you've done all month..

yipee!

oh and i'm in the DIC this month (my lovely school requires this rotation)

sigh. I have a 5 page pharmacology paper due first thing Tuesday morning (worth 25% of my grade). I go to work tomorrow at 2 pm until bedtime. I have written the title of my paper and bookmarked some websites. :oops:

wowsers, look at all of you guys, I havent been in school for like a year and I hope Ill remember how to study once I go to pharmacy school. All I do is work full time now and when I get home its like, relax, relax, relax. I can't wait to go back to school and not have to work!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty burned myself and two and a half weeks to go in the quarter. Taking o. chem, biochemistry, physics and animal biology and its all killing me. I have not had a single day since mid September where I could just do nothing. Must push myself these last two weeks, then comes 3 weeks of winter break :D Then it's right back to more of the same starting after the first. I better get into pharm. school somewhere for all this, heh.

During the semester, I never feel like I get a day to do nothing. There is always something you could, or should be doing with regards to school. When the semester ends, I always feel like I didn't do enough. It's exhausting.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!

Chris

crossjb said:
I just came back from the brink of the dead in my 5-credit anatomy & physiology class.

On the first two exams in this course I got the class average (64%) both times due to lack of studying. Thankfully, I'm good at lab practicals and that's a big chunk of our grade. Also, for the third exam before Thanksgiving break, I studied like a mofo -- 5 straight days -- and nailed one of the highest grades in the class. The prof also announced he's dropping one of our first three exams, so I've gone from fearing I was failing to having a chance to nail a good grade...

If you have any questions on the endocrine system, blood or heart -- come to crossjb... :laugh:
I am taking it in the spring, and I know where you live!

usi said:
I am taking it in the spring, and I know where you live!

I took A & P at SPC Clearwater. I thought it was a piece of cake, easy A class, at least at that campus. Though, half of the students dropped because they were failing. I don't think those students had taken any science classes, yet. It should be an easy A for you.

I'm losing motivation fast.

But my friends that applied last year said that those who interviewed on 11/18 should hear something back this week or shortly after! (They all heard back about 2 weeks after their interview dates)

After I was accepted my motivation went to the lowest possibe level. I'm gonna pay for it very soon i think.

dawgg912 said:
wowsers, look at all of you guys, I havent been in school for like a year and I hope Ill remember how to study once I go to pharmacy school. All I do is work full time now and when I get home its like, relax, relax, relax. I can't wait to go back to school and not have to work!

I am in the same boat, and working full time also. So I feel ya Bro. I get off work, go to the gym, and watch TV. And that is my daily routine. I had excellent study habits during my undergrad., but I have been out of school since my graduation this past may. I'm sure once we get back in school we will get into the swing of things!

I have a final over the next 2 days (woo hoo for 2 day tests)

i may study for the second half of it
but not for tomorrow!

Regularly scheduled classes are over in 2 days and then finals week. Biochem 8 am monday morning, then o chem at noon. Animal bio at noon on wed then physics that night at 7 pm. Ugh.... 6... more... days...

Bump!

I can't seem to concentrate in my calculus class at all. All I can think about is moving and getting on with my life in pharmacy school. This last semester is dragging especially in my calculus class. I actually look forward to the days I have my O-chem 2 class.....anything but boring calculus!! :sleep: Ahhhh!

I understand! I have an Orgo II test tomorrow, and I don't want to study! I don't really see the point of studying. Our test are completely cumulative, all essay and 6-7 pages long. Whats the point? I can't remember all the rxns from the last 20 chapters! :eek:

wheelsonfire said:

already there :thumbdown:

I'm having a hard time studying :oops: and I keep falling asleep in class :sleep:

utpharmdude said:
I'm having a hard time studying :oops: and I keep falling asleep in class :sleep:
You still go to class? ...I've missed about a week. BAD me! :oops:

Do u guy know what i am feeling?
i still waiting for the schools and did not hear anything, i think my chances are so small and i am taking the prerequisites! It is really killing me! :p

Getting accepted is the worst thing that can happen to one's academic motivation.

I'm working full time right now and sleepwalking through my morning cell bio class... :D

crossjb said:
Getting accepted is the worst thing that can happen to one's academic motivation.

I'm working full time right now and sleepwalking through my morning cell bio class... :D

I have to agree with you. Ever since I got into USN, all of my free time has been taken up by celebrating my acceptance!!
At least I only have to get a C...

If I don't pull myself together, I'm going to flunk out. Not really, I managed to get in some quality study time today ( I love genetics). But I'm so focused on my mailbox that I can't think straight. I feel like I want to shriek and thrash about on the ground in a public place - I wonder if this is what Tourette's feels like? I kinda wonder if I'd feel better if I just went ahead and did it. :laugh:

Anyway, it'll end soon. Hopefully then I can just jump back on track whatever the answer is.

Yea I'm the same way with everyone here. I haven't studied since I found out. Although things are looking good for me in my Microbiology class and others, my Molecular biology is horrible (a current C) but I can't motivate myself to study. I went shopping, played games, and watched movies instead. :eek:

crossjb said:

I just found out I got in to UIC :D and I have a HUGE Orgo II test in a coupla days, but i simply cant concentrate!!!! Kinda wish they had informed me after Wednesday when my test would be over.....but then again I really really dont :D :D

I found out I got into UW the night before a stats test. I found studying with champagne really helps!

Yes. Ever since I got that wonderful acceptance letter this little voice in my brain keeps going..."you only neeeeeed a C."

DownonthePharm said:
Yes. Ever since I got that wonderful acceptance letter this little voice in my brain keeps going..."you only neeeeeed a C."

hhahahahha yea I feel ya. Although I'm starting to worry if I don't get my act together I'd be lucky to pull a C :scared:

Im just tired of studying :sleep: ...but I'll just have to wake myself up....I have a late interview april 19 wish me :luck: ;)

DownonthePharm said:
Same thing goes through my head everyday. That combined with the nice weather in colorado of late has produced very little studying :p

patmcd said:
Same thing goes through my head everyday. That combined with the nice weather in colorado of late has produced very little studying :p

I got in to pacific university of oregon and now I am so stressed because I don't think I can pass my org. Chem. II.
I just don't understand anything in that class, and knowing that if I don't pass this, i won't make it to pharm school that I got accepted to.... :eek:
scary!

Anyone here taking a class they don't even need? I signed up for cell biology this term to stay in touch w/my pre-med friends at school. Unfortunately, it's a mind-numbingly, excruciating 8 AM class. What a dumb ass I am... :D

crossjb said:
Anyone here taking a class they don't even need? I signed up for cell biology this term to stay in touch w/my pre-med friends at school. Unfortunately, it's a mind-numbingly, excruciating 8 AM class. What a dumb ass I am... :D

Yeah, I signed up for vertebrate physiology because I had a bunch of friends in the class. It's a total pain in the ass, very hard, and very unnecessary. I'm so unmotivated. Oh well, I'm sure I'll do ok.

bdyoon said:
I got in to pacific university of oregon and now I am so stressed because I don't think I can pass my org. Chem. II.
I just don't understand anything in that class, and knowing that if I don't pass this, i won't make it to pharm school that I got accepted to.... :eek:
scary!

aahhhh im in the same boat!....im **** scared that I wont pass Orgo II and I cant even re-take it over the summer because UIC wont allow that :0(....and I'm really haveing such a HARD time...my future literally depends on this ONE class...i cant wait until its over!!! :scared:

crossjb said:

Technically, I don't need any of the classes I'm in. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology, A&P lab, Abnormal Psychology, calculus I (I already took calc A and made an A in it), and snowboarding (took the class in Jan). None of these classes are required by the schools I applied to, although I did think that the 4 hr calc class was required at one.

I'm having an extremely hard time studying. All I want to do during class is make plans for the summer, plan moving, and think about next year. Now that its warm and pretty outside I'd rather go to the park after school than study. All the busy work and papers in my psych class are killing me. I only have to make Cs in my classes, but I haven't made a C in college yet, and I really don't want to start now. I'd actually like to make straight A's, but if I get a B or two hopefully I won't be too bummed out. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't really matter.

bdyoon said:
scary!

Same boat here. I have an o-chem II exam tomorrow. Am I ready? Is it even possible to be ready given the massive amount of material? No and no. The only thing that's going to save me is that I have a B in the class so far and one exam gets dropped (and I think the next exam is a take-home). All I need is a C..

Now back to it, I guess.

Biology exam tomorrow and other exams w/ research essays due this week. What have I done this weekend? Slept from 5:00 p.m. on Saturday to 5:00 a.m. today and I'm still not studying...disgraceful...how am I pulling this off...?

being the perfectionist i feel guilty for dropping 2 classes (A&P I and physics i lab) that I didn't need for the school i am attending...why?..because i had A+s and prob the highest grade in the AP I class...could have stuck it out for another 5 weeks...but why when i have such a fun distraction as my 11 mo old! talk about lost of motivation. but hey, the extra time to snooze and recover from the past 3 yrs will help me pick up the momentum again come August in pharm school (finally)!
hang in there everyone and CONGRATS!