Anybody here pretty sure they won't graduate on time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iqe2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And I use the term "on time" very lightly since I don't know anyone who actually finished college in exactly 4 years outside of my dad and aunt. My engineering friends say they'll be in undergrad for a minimum of 5 years.

Anywho, I'm 99.9% positive I won't be graduating in four years. Most likely I'll be finished about a semester or so later. Hopefully I can take the MCAT before it changes, but I don't think that will be a problem. Hopefully I can find a good job with my Biology major (not likely lol). The only downside is that I can't start med school right away. I'd be out of school for over a year before I start. But that just how it is.

How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

its taken me 5 yrs. switched my major once from biomedical engineering to biochemistry

I am probably a 4 and a halfer. Probably a good thing for me. I am in no rush to be anywhere. Uncle Sam has helped my family enormously so this could be possible. I know someone WHO MUST graduate in 4 years due to financial constraints so I am grateful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm lookin at 5-6, possibly a Masters before Med School.

Also, work with a pure Biology major will be tough to find. You'll be looking at bottom level lab work.

I'm very sure I will not be graduating on time. I barely meet full time status as an undergrad but I also have 2 jobs! One of which is in the medical field :D Honestly, I am in no hurry. I'll get to medical school with lots of experiences and I will be a more mature individual.

Yeah..but I've actually been thinking about making teaching my minor since I haven't declared one yet. So I could maybe apply to teach somewhere just for a year. My school has a great program that guarantees a teaching job right out of college. I'd make about 35k which I'm fine with.

Only problem is I hate kids and I'd be thrown into one of the worst school districts in town. I'd only be doing it for the money, which is never a good idea.

Just make sure you finish all your pre-reqs by junior year, so you can take the MCAT before it changes. After than don't take more than an extra 2 years to graduate, otherwise your MCAT will expire. IMO 2 years is a lot of time; a lot of my freshman friends are doing the same thing.

^^Thanks for that. I'll probably ending up taking it around April 2014 as I plan to graduate in the summer of that year.

Yep. It looks like I'm gonna be on a 5-year, full-load plan. :(

Best of luck to ya, mate! :oops:

I just recently switched my major to English (Lit) so graduating in 4 years won't be much of a problem anymore.

I decelerated after I figured that I'd have a gap year, I took on an extra BS in Neurophys though.

If I could find a decent Biomedical Science program in the area I'd probably jump on that, but unfortunately the only one in the area is both overpriced and 2 years long.

I'm looking at another 3-4 years after already completing 2. I changed my major and career choice only during the beginning of this semester, and need to catch up on my EC and what not.

My college only gives us 8 semesters to graduate and that's it. Not counting summers. So we basically have to graduate in 4 or less.

My college only gives us 8 semesters to graduate and that's it. Not counting summers. So we basically have to graduate in 4 or less.
why would they care if you're paying per semester? that's just bad business if you ask me.