Anybody know anything about.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dawg_MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about the Emergency Medicine Program at Akron General Medical Center?

Members don't see this ad.

I have just heard some good things about their program and was wondering if anyone else had any info on them maybe from interviews or experiences with rotations.
I am also a student at St. George's so if anyone knows if they have an FMG, US citizens or otherwise, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
AGMC does have a couple of FMGs...there's an intern from Ireland right now at least. There are also several DOs. AGMC is a wonderful program...the people are great, the food is great (as noted earlier in this forum), pretty good level 1 trauma for a small town...with rotations in Cleveland and at Baltimore Shock Trauma as well...it's not the big city but if you can handle that, it's a program worth looking into!

AGMC is a good program, it resides "somewhere" high on my list (more will be revealed this weekend). It is a community program, so remember that... but it is also the oldest Community EM program in the nation. The residents there love the program, seems to be excellent teaching, benefits are great, like Anon said, food is good, the attendings are pretty nice, you get a lot of insured patients (community)... and can moonlight.

One thing that I was surprised at is that they dictate all their notes. Which is cool with me... just different...

And they do have several DOs there, and I think a few FMGs... don't let the fact that they went unfilled last year fool you, they had a new PD and he wasn't sure how long to make his list.

Q

I was not even aware that they did not fill last year. I just read some good feedback from students who had been there and was looking for some other opinions. Thanks for all the input.

Good program that is well established and highly thought of.
Ranked it a couple behind where I am now...seemed like good people there.