About the ads

Anybody know anything about.....

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Dawg_MD, Feb 25, 2003.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Dawg_MD

Dawg_MD Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Anybody know anything about the Emergency Medicine Program at Akron General Medical Center?
  2. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo Moderator Emeritus

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Need you to be a little mo' specific there, dawg.
    Q
  3. Dawg_MD

Dawg_MD Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I have just heard some good things about their program and was wondering if anyone else had any info on them maybe from interviews or experiences with rotations.
    I am also a student at St. George's so if anyone knows if they have an FMG, US citizens or otherwise, I would appreciate it.
  4. anonymousEM

anonymousEM Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    AGMC does have a couple of FMGs...there's an intern from Ireland right now at least. There are also several DOs. AGMC is a wonderful program...the people are great, the food is great (as noted earlier in this forum), pretty good level 1 trauma for a small town...with rotations in Cleveland and at Baltimore Shock Trauma as well...it's not the big city but if you can handle that, it's a program worth looking into!
  5. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo Moderator Emeritus

SDN 10+ Year Member
    AGMC is a good program, it resides "somewhere" high on my list (more will be revealed this weekend). It is a community program, so remember that... but it is also the oldest Community EM program in the nation. The residents there love the program, seems to be excellent teaching, benefits are great, like Anon said, food is good, the attendings are pretty nice, you get a lot of insured patients (community)... and can moonlight.

One thing that I was surprised at is that they dictate all their notes. Which is cool with me... just different...

And they do have several DOs there, and I think a few FMGs... don't let the fact that they went unfilled last year fool you, they had a new PD and he wasn't sure how long to make his list.

Q
  6. Dawg_MD

Dawg_MD Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I was not even aware that they did not fill last year. I just read some good feedback from students who had been there and was looking for some other opinions. Thanks for all the input.
  7. DocWagner

DocWagner Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Good program that is well established and highly thought of.
    Ranked it a couple behind where I am now...seemed like good people there.