Anybody Purchase The MCAT 2015 Official MCAT Question Pack Bundle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAfrika

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide if I want to dish out more money to purchase this bundle from AAMC.

I've read in previous posts that this bundle is basically all the self assessments for the old exam, but nobody really knows because this bundle was just released today.

Please inform us here, if you've purchased it, and if its similar/different to any practice questions AAMC has put out.
I'm sure we'd all like to save a couple bucks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
720 questions at 72 dollars??? Made by the test developers?
Whoever doesn't get this to prep for the new MCAT must be crazy!
Bought.

Reactions: 1 users
So I bought them today, as far as I can tell there are some repeat passages. I never finished the self assesment of the old version, but I totally remember seeing some of the figures before.

Lol no wonder there's no psych section. But still I'm so glad it's at least. Cheap

Right! I was thinking I should buy it being that you get over 700 questions for about $70, which isn't bad at all. I just don't want to spend money that I don't have to spend if they're repeating the same questions found in self assessments and old mcat exams. I have all of those already

Reactions: 1 user
have you guys done any of the new AAMC products they made so far?
It seems like they changed the interface where one the left hand side you see the passage and on the right you only see one question at a time but when you click next you see the same passage on the left with a new question on the right that corresponds to the same passage.

I hope its not like that on the new exams

have you guys done any of the new AAMC products they made so far?
It seems like they changed the interface where one the left hand side you see the passage and on the right you only see one question at a time but when you click next you see the same passage on the left with a new question on the right that corresponds to the same passage.

I hope its not like that on the new exams
Are you serious? That would be seriously annoying.

"These online Question Packs use the computer-based testing format and features of the actual MCAT exam." apparently on top of everything we have to deal with a change in the format..
what exactly is the point of separating the questions one by one?!

My question is...
Are there a decent amount of NEW passages? Or is it filled with old passages from the SA?
Either way, I'm gonna buy it (haven't bought yet) but I just want to know if it is worth using it the way I used the SA before, or just using it from daily passage practice to get used to the AAMC-style.

My question is...
Are there a decent amount of NEW passages? Or is it filled with old passages from the SA?
Either way, I'm gonna buy it (haven't bought yet) but I just want to know if it is worth using it the way I used the SA before, or just using it from daily passage practice to get used to the AAMC-style.

THIS! I've already done all of the previous SA, so I really don't want to purchase these "question packs" UNLESS there are NEW PASSAGES.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for those who've purchased the question packs, is there a limited amount of time you can access them?

......Nvm I just checked the site, it says we can use them up to 20 times.

Also I guess to answer my own question from the original post, AAMC states "These questions, written by the MCAT test developers, are real MCAT questions that were used on previous MCAT exams – our test developers selected these questions as relevant to the new MCAT exam and mapped the questions to the foundational concepts, content categories, and skills that you need to know."

I guess I'm gonna stop being cheap and buy it. Lol :laugh:
Because quiet honestly, Idk which questions they specifically chose for the New MCAT. I wanna be as prepared as possible, and with the limited amount of resources we have, I'll take it especially since its coming from the source itself.

Im gonna need a sponsor for this damn exam :help:. Imma be broke before I even get into medical school let alone when I actually get in. :nailbiting::scared::bang::smack:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You are correct.

They are also using a new testing software for the 2015 test.
Are you serious? That would be seriously annoying.

"These online Question Packs use the computer-based testing format and features of the actual MCAT exam." apparently on top of everything we have to deal with a change in the format..
what exactly is the point of separating the questions one by one?!

THIS! I've already done all of the previous SA, so I really don't want to purchase these "question packs" UNLESS there are NEW PASSAGES.
Yes.. hope some kind soul will tell us whether it has brand new passages or just same ol' ones from the SA

So that means none of the passages are really changed to the new format like for example the physics and chemistry being in a biological basis?

I haven't gone through all of it yet but it seems that nearly all of the passages are from the previous self assessments.

Thanks for letting us all know. Let us know if this changes, but you likely saved a bunch of money for all of us who purchased the old SA.

Well, I guess the good thing for me is that I only did the Physics and Orgo portion of the SA.

I've thought about it some more and I may invest in the CARS bundle set, just so I can have more CARS practice.

can anyone confirm if all these question packs are basically the same questions as the previous self-assessments?

I don't understand how purchasing this can be good practice. From what I understand, the 2014 MCAT old self-assessment package questions are written with a different style compared to the 2015 MCAT. I feel like AAMC just wants to make $.

^ I don't understand, you want the best question set that is most suited for the exam right? Wouldn't you want it straight from the test developers? What makes Kaplan or EK's practice so special for the 2015 exam when test developers are not writing for them? Based on that perspective, one can surmise to a point that the test is not changing that drastically ( in terms of question style, content etc) from what is already offered. However, we of course are not 100% on this as the first test has not been administered yet but as new test takers, we have to put our best foot forward, and given all the information up to this point, work with what we've got.

this may not be relevant, but where can we get more practise on discrete questions then? seems like most resources devote to passages

For anyone who's bought this question pack, does it also include practice passages for the Behavioral section?

Guys, it literally says it in the description:

"These questions, written by the MCAT test developers, are real MCAT questions that were used on previous MCAT exams – our test developers selected these questions as relevant to the new MCAT exam and mapped the questions to the foundational concepts, content categories, and skills that you need to know."

https://members.aamc.org/eweb/Dynam..._prd_key=1D9F6B43-336B-4D27-BF87-42B8309DAF4E

Guys, it literally says it in the description:

"These questions, written by the MCAT test developers, are real MCAT questions that were used on previous MCAT exams – our test developers selected these questions as relevant to the new MCAT exam and mapped the questions to the foundational concepts, content categories, and skills that you need to know."

https://members.aamc.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Action=Add&ObjectKeyFrom=1A83491A-9853-4C87-86A4-F7D95601C2E2&WebCode=PubDetailAdd&DoNotSave=yes&ParentObject=CentralizedOrderEntry&ParentDataObject=Invoice Detail&ivd_formkey=69202792-63d7-4ba2-bf4e-a0da41270555&ivd_prc_prd_key=1D9F6B43-336B-4D27-BF87-42B8309DAF4E
Okay, then why is everyone saying it's composed of old FL + assessment questions? Maybe the old fl/sa's were also old real mcat ?'s...

Bump

I'd love to hear some more reviews of this.

I have all the old assessments. And I'm not understanding why they are even re-using the old questions when the format is suppose to be different.

It appears that if you have tests 1-13 you don't need this packet. My question: Is the 1 practice exam that they have released in the same format as the new test as far as the software. I have never taken a computer generated test and would like practice with something that also simulates the computer experience.

It appears that if you have tests 1-13 you don't need this packet. My question: Is the 1 practice exam that they have released in the same format as the new test as far as the software. I have never taken a computer generated test and would like practice with something that also simulates the computer experience.
Apparently each question has its own page now.. format is a bit different I hear from old test

Does the FL the AAMC is selling mimic this one question per page format? I'm assuming you can scroll through the questions in the passage.

Does the FL the AAMC is selling mimic this one question per page format? I'm assuming you can scroll through the questions in the passage.

The AAMC FL has one question per page. You have to click the "next" button to see the next question.

Since when were there 13 aamc tests?

I have the old FL's but I bought the new bundle packs because I'd rather have everything in one place then dig through the old ones trying to find relevant passages.

Since when were there 13 aamc tests?
There are 13 old FL AAMC exams. They are no longer available for purchase. Appears some of the questions have been recycled and reloaded for 2015. There is only one FL AAMC for the 2015.

Anyone think these question pack questions are super basic and easy...seriously hate aamc with all my heart

What do you mean? Are they actually easy? Or are you being sarcastic? lol I can't tell…but I would assume the question pack Q's are difficult