Anybody Purchase The MCAT 2015 Official MCAT Question Pack Bundle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAfrika

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide if I want to dish out more money to purchase this bundle from AAMC.

I've read in previous posts that this bundle is basically all the self assessments for the old exam, but nobody really knows because this bundle was just released today.

Please inform us here, if you've purchased it, and if its similar/different to any practice questions AAMC has put out.
I'm sure we'd all like to save a couple bucks.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean? Are they actually easy? Or are you being sarcastic? lol I can't tell…but I would assume the question pack Q's are difficult
well if you've done old FL's and old assessment questions for the old MCAT, maybe it's easier because they're the same recycled questions? otherwise, they were made for the old MCAT, so that's why they seem more easier (or "familiar")

What do you mean? Are they actually easy? Or are you being sarcastic? lol I can't tell…but I would assume the question pack Q's are difficult

They are actually basic. Like the ps section is a joke. Only like one passage so far was one I had already done from the old exams but other than that I think they just took out all the hard questions. But I want to know what everyone else thinks. I've only done the first half of everything so far so maybe I'm biased!

well if you've done old FL's and old assessment questions for the old MCAT, maybe it's easier because they're the same recycled questions? otherwise, they were made for the old MCAT, so that's why they seem more easier (or "familiar")
Do you think it's a bad idea to do them then since they are for the old mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's a bad idea to do them then since they are for the old mcat?
def NOT a bad idea! because it's the same content, and the fact that they're branding it as new definitely shows that the new mcat is VERY similar to the old, except more experiment and added/removed topics. IMO if you can nail the basic content (aka these question packs), it should definitely help..

question though: did you do any of the old self assessment questions? if so, shouldn't you have seen all the questions on the new aamc question packs before since they consist solely of the old FL's and Self assessment questions?

def NOT a bad idea! because it's the same content, and the fact that they're branding it as new definitely shows that the new mcat is VERY similar to the old, except more experiment and added/removed topics. IMO if you can nail the basic content (aka these question packs), it should definitely help..

question though: did you do any of the old self assessment questions? if so, shouldn't you have seen all the questions on the new aamc question packs before since they consist solely of the old FL's and Self assessment questions?
No I haven't done any self assessments..stupid I know lol. But yea I guess its okay if you need more passages

I'm surprised why no one is answering to all these questions. Let's help each other succeed. I just completed the biology question pack volume 1, and out of the 18 passages only 2-3 were new (I did not finish self assesement, so even those 2-3 May be on the self assesemnt). The rest was either from 2013/14 FL's or from self assesement. I have not completed others but I assume they will be in about the same format. I was bummed! Why would they charge $72 for the same questions. What a rip off. Shameeee!!!​

Reactions: 1 user
I'm surprised why no one is answering to all these questions. Let's help each other succeed. I just completed the biology question pack volume 1, and out of the 18 passages only 2-3 were new (I did not finish self assesement, so even those 2-3 May be on the self assesemnt). The rest was either from 2013/14 FL's or from self assesement. I have not completed others but I assume they will be in about the same format. I was bummed! Why would they charge $72 for the same questions. What a rip off. Shameeee!!!​
Thank you, I also took a gander at volume pack 1 and I noticed only ~2 new passages. Glad I didn't purchase it (was given free via FAP).

They are recycled old MCAT questions. Anyone who bought them compare them to the old SAP material they are recycled from yet? I'd rather find the SAP materials for free and then just use the Qs that are still applicable.

hey guys. so i decided not to be lazy and actually am in the process of going through the question back (I'm on chem) and WTF. they actually REMOVED some questions lol. yeah, kinda fcked up..

EDIT: my hands freaking hurt. i just went through the entire biology volume 1, and literally EVERY single passage was pulled from either OLD SA or FL's. CONFIRMED. in case anyone's paranoid or anything, like I was.

Last edited:
Waste of money for those who have the old FL. I wished I stumbled upon this thread beforehand