Anybody using the Nevro Sensa SCS system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the United States, the Senza system is limited by federal law to investigational use only, and is presently the subject of the SENZA-RCT pivotal study, a prospective randomized controlled pivotal study.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can also have your rep program a ultra high frequency program with current SCS companies. I ask that my reps include this as one of the programs on all stim trials for the past six months. Some patients definitely respond it it better than tradition low frequency programming.

You can also have your rep program a ultra high frequency program with current SCS companies. I ask that my reps include this as one of the programs on all stim trials for the past six months. Some patients definitely respond it it better than tradition low frequency programming.
Our St. Jude rep said the battery will do it, but the ability was removed from their software.

Medtronic said they MAY be able to do burst stim, but I think this takes some doing.

Boston Scientific also said they could do burst and up to 1200 Hz, but I have yet seen any rep actually program a battery to do burst stim.

Our St. Jude rep said the battery will do it, but the ability was removed from their software.

Medtronic said they MAY be able to do burst stim, but I think this takes some doing.

Boston Scientific also said they could do burst and up to 1200 Hz, but I have yet seen any rep actually program a battery to do burst stim.

I guess your MDT and BS reps must suck.
Talk to their district manager.
BTW, it's not burst stim as much as it is ultra high frequency.

http://www.painmedicinenews.com/Vie...sive&d_id=244&i=May+2015&i_id=1180&a_id=32476

Nevro approved. Neurosurgeon in my group who does implants worries about long term effects of high freq stim. Anyone planning on trying? One of my good friends who was MDT rep got offered a position w Nevro and switched over. My typical pts aren't exactly the brightest, don't know about having to charge all the time. Thoughts?

Unless I can do an MRI of the shoulder, hip, and head with a newly implanted stimulator, it is not even on the drawing board for me.

Ditto for me. MRI compatibility is essential in my practice, too.

I am unwilling to compromise. While I understand it is a cost-benefit analysis, for me, I prefer to optimize the potential efficacy of my procedure by using the most effective stim technology available. If that limits possible future imaging, so be it.

Reactions: 1 users
Well
I am unwilling to compromise. While I understand it is a cost-benefit analysis, for me, I prefer to optimize the potential efficacy of my procedure by using the most effective stim technology available. If that limits possible future imaging, so be it.

Well done. Who cares about tumors, aneurysms, and just about everything else? I can put in a piece of metal which helps for a few months!!!!!

How can you overlook the patients future medical needs? Absurd

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone has experience with new stim wave?. It is mri compatible and no internally battery needed

2004 called. It wants its technology back.

Well

Well done. Who cares about tumors, aneurysms, and just about everything else? I can put in a piece of metal which helps for a few months!!!!!

How can you overlook the patients future medical needs? Absurd
let me know when u find a facility willing to actually do an Meiji with a stun in place. None in my area will.

My area will do MRI with compatible devices.

Nevro and StimWave are both approved for head and extremity MRI. The further question, though, is how often is an MRI the only imaging modality that will do for a given situation?

I implant all three systems, tailoring the needs to the patient. Since the MDT product was released, I have either implanted only the MDT or placed patients in a holding pattern awaiting the FDA approval for the other companies. The FDA does not give advanced notice of when they might approve a product and in the case of Surescan, it took several years before approval was granted, and MDT was caught without any product after the sudden approval by the FDA with no prior warning. The other companies have been saying for the past year their FDA approval is pending but have no idea when. It is out of their hands.

SJM is supposedly coming out with MRI compatible paddle leads (as is Medtronics) this fall...

SJ is getting retroactive approval of their current paddles from what I understand. Will only need a new IPG exchange, lead stays.

That's what I've heard as well, but who knows how long that will actually take. How do people feel about using the Nevro system, which is a significant change in technology, but is only approved for head/extremity?

I spoke to my rep yesterday. Their data is impressive. It is not yet available.

I see people saying or alluding to MDT having inferior technology. I don't see how that is possible when they have had a two years and counting head start on total body MRI. My future hospital has a new 1.5T scanner and they said they would scan whatever I wanted with a surescan implant in place.

Constant voltage is inferior.

I obtained MRI on patient that I implanted MDT unit in the past. The facility had no problem doing it. I have had good result from MDT and SJM stims. Patients don't seem to be able to notice a difference between the technologies.

Constant voltage is inferior.
"Constant voltage is inferior," said the 14oz barrel-cut dry-aged filet mignon, free of charge.

http://www.painmedicinenews.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ses=ogst&d=Web Exclusive&d_id=244&i=May 2015&i_id=1180&a_id=32476

Nevro approved. Neurosurgeon in my group who does implants worries about long term effects of high freq stim. Anyone planning on trying? One of my good friends who was MDT rep got offered a position w Nevro and switched over. My typical pts aren't exactly the brightest, don't know about having to charge all the time. Thoughts?

Was wondering if the neurosurgeon or anyone else had any articles on possible effects.

I'm in for using it. Especially if the efficacy rates are an improvement. As for the debate on constant voltage v. current, my experience has been that stim stims. Some people do prefer the current stim v. the voltage stim. It's apparently more "subtle"/"gentle". Danged if I know, I've never had one in my back. The biggest thing for me is customer service for the patient and that seems to be heavily dependent on the reps covering your area.

I did one today. My first. I really liked everything about it. I will PM you my reps number and he will get you with the right person.

Without parasthesias, Nevro seems like another ballgame entirely. Any more f/u after a few months of use? Issues? Anyone going back to traditional scs?

Are they still limiting use to select practitioners?

They are currently not allowed in the VA system. Not sure if that's a Sensa or gov't issue. I really hate it though